What's new

Involve Israel and Singapore in the MCA project

According to the link Dash provided, maybe in the mid of this decade, but it will depend on when Kaveri engine will be ready and mature enough. However, that's only the base engine side, they still need capabilities like SC, TVC, steralth, or the NG radar and avionics. I expect a real prototype only by the time when FGFA goes to serial production (2017?) and till the serial production could start it needs even more time.

@ Dash, thanks for the link mate, didn't knew that article and to some extend it freaks me out to see HAL and especially ADA wasting time and resources for a paperplane like AMCA, while they are not able to get LCA done.:hitwall:
I mean really, how can they propose a radar for MCA, which should be based on MMR, when MMR is not even operational in LCA, let alone an AESA for LCA? That's simply ridiculous and it shouldn't be surprising why we have such delays.

Yes and as I showed you, that is easily possibly with 4 types of fighters(LCA, MMRCA, MKI and FGFA), no need to add another one.

There is no AMCA project officially runing from IAF, or MoD! ADA and HAL has proposed some studies and IAF says what they would expect from such a fighter, but it for now.
And once again, the Aura UCAV can be developed easier and faster than AMCA, because it don't need several of the capabilities that a stealth fighter needs.
Perhaps. But I think IAF would go for a stealth fighter right now compared to a UCAV. Otherwise, we need to increase FGFA orders and MRCA orders to get 900+ new fighters.

They not only did that, but if you look at the NGFA or AMCA, you can see that its design is not so good, So IAF said, they dont want a semi-stealth plane but a plane with complete stealth. I dont understand IAF here, but looks like they are looking for F-22 type plane too.....which is also a little humorous. However the sometimes "goli" giving nature of DRDO also puts IAF into tough stance.

The initial idea of MCA was strike, but now IAF wants a all aspect stealth fighter, with equall multi role capabilities. From IAF point of view that is not even wrong, why should they limit themself with a less capable fighter, however my problem is that this all has started without having LCA anywhere close to be inducted. Why not induct LCA MK1 and fix the specs of MK2 and then think about AMCA, or UCAVs, why all mixed up, which obviously increase the delays.

Perhaps. But I think IAF would go for a stealth fighter right now compared to a UCAV. Otherwise, we need to increase FGFA orders and MRCA orders to get 900+ new fighters.

FGFA, or simply the optional LCA, MMRCAs, we already have 3 different fighters to get numbers, a total new development imo at least makes only sense if it offers any clear advantages and that's what I don't see.

Ok guy, thx for the nice discussion, keep it up!
Waited the whole day for some new MMRCA news, but I guess as usual it will need more time for a decision. :confused:

G8!

AMCA design is still under process till the end of this year or next yr. AMCA will need to be evaluated for flight trial by prototype and ors. That will be more important of his design of stealth and material used on its body woth all capacities.
we have other all technology of aircraft for different electronics and mechenical systems. from LCA. If Government do not disturb ot could be in sky within 5 years. If checked on foreign engines temporarily. In LCA we were short for engine and raddars. Amca will need more powerful engines.

AMCA design is still under process till the end of this year or next yr. AMCA will need to be evaluated for flight trial by prototype and ors. That will be more important of his design of stealth and material used on its body woth all capacities.
Do you have any source confirming this timeline ??/ Because i have read reports saying that work on AMCA will begin after the design and clearing from govt. in the mid 2011.

Dear fellow countrymen, I was thinking that as our country is advancing towards military development and we are developing our own stealth fighter, we must involve in a couple of close allies to speed up the project.

We should continue developing the entire MCA ourselves with our knowledge but if it involves in foreign allies, it would mean:

1) A strong strategic base reiterating our foreign policy

2) Faster work as partners would be keen to induct the fighter incase our government becomes slow--they would act as accelerators

3) Singapore and Israel are both strategically beneficial for us--- Israel is one of the strongest technological contributor to our military while Singapore is one of the top 5 allies in the Indian Ocean Regions.

Stupid and sensationalist idea.

There is a difference between Israel and India. Let's not become Israel by throwing open every home-grown project for foreign collaboration(90% of Israel's defence projects have taken fundings/components/resources from USA).

India is not a banana state who can't even manage and run a single aircraft project on its own. We have done LCA and now we will do AMCA. Take a chill pill, dude.

Also, you said bring singapore in AMCA? What experience Singapore has in 4.5th generation aerospace R&D or even 4th generation?

What you think AMCA is? Is it some Sarva-siksha abhiyan or circus?

Really, the way people on this forum suggest such ideas is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom