What's new

INVESTIGATION NOT OUR JOB

javedm

Reaction score
PIA once was liked even by Europeans eg. Kennedy’s wife opted PIA for travel US to London. Tezgam once was preferred over PIA. Today lower commoners travel in Tezgam common-class and mostly free loaders in AC. During 50s, 60s a commoner invariably within a short time received reply from the Presidency. Today revision appeals against Ombudsman orders mandatory to be decided within 45 days by the President, are not even taken note of and get buried there. If say; one made a complaint against a Bank Branch, by the evening the Manager in panic used to approach the respectables of the complainant’s area to get through them a “satisfactory letter” signed by the complainant. Today there is a special banking ombudsman, no Manager today cares even to take note of. By the passage of time everything including our thinking individually or collectively all changed but downward.

2. On a question as to what difficulties she faced in collecting evidence, the Federal Ombudsman for Protection of Women against Harassment Workplace, in the Talk Show replied that the investigation to find evidence is not part of her office job. She said “The production of evidence is the task of parties and she only examined that”.

3. It is an established fact that no terrorism, freedom fighting, uprising, sabotage, burning of tyres etc can be done without availability of “ample” funds funded by some ABC, XYZ. Now that it has been agreed that to eradicate, not just to control the terrorism, elimination of financial terrorism is the first and the last invariable surgery, then what does mean crying over, say Ranger s “investigating evidence” for checking the financial terrorism? Only that those who are either directly or indirectly behind the terrorism or want to protect the culprits one way or the other.

4. Working of our national institutions had not yet gone to the drain as today generally is. It was the tenure of Mr. Justice Sardar Iqbal so far unmatched for or perhaps of Mr. Justice Aslam Riaz the then Federal Ombudsman. A commoner complained that his senior application was ignored while a junior was given a telephone connection. The complainant quoted number of the said telephone. T&T in rejoinder submitted that the complainant was wrong as the said telephone number does not exist. The complainant repeated his allegation when the Ombudsman ordered a Hearing. T&T was directed to bring all the relevant record of installed working phone numbers. During the hearing, T&T produced its heavy registers and other record showing there was no such a number installed. Since in 80s yet there was no “heavy mandate or Jamhyriyat-ka-hussan” , the Investigation Officer was a God fearing person believing fully how sacred discharging justice was. He thought for a while and giving equal weight to the common man, picked up his official telephone installed by the “people” for discharging duties judiciously and dialed the said number. At the other end the non existing telephone started ringing and was picked up. The Investigation Officer introduced himself and enquired where that phone was installed.

5. On deliberations it transpired that T&T on its “own merits” had installed the phone but had not included and shown in the list of working connections to be done on real maturity.

6. It was again the tenure of Mr. Justice Sardar Iqbal. The Ordinance establishing the Ombudsman read that the Ombudsman would “diagnose” the act of mal administration. Since Justice Sardar Iqbal knew well in his own words that he “was an ombudsman today not a judge” hence he did not take shelter that “investigation and evidence” was not his job. He took that he can’t “correctly diagnose” unless he investigated (Laboratory test, x-rays, citi-scan) he could not reach to correct diagnosis. I did not get my telephone directory. I purchased it from a Liaquatabad Karachi footpath vendor and claimed refund of Rs. 450/-. The Ombudsman Sardar Iqbal since was in the habit of reading each word of complaint carefully and used his mind, reading that the complainant bought it from a footpath vendor, did not ask me to produce evidence viz Receipt. He knew well footpath vendors don’t issue Receipts. Since he believed delivering justice is a divine honour, he used his wisdom rightly that telephone directories are not sold in any book shops. Order for refund of Rs. 450/- was passed and I got it. From my telephone file with the relevant exchange this can be verified. Later I learnt that Justice Sardar Iqbal believing on delivery of true justice and not believing that production of evidence was the job of party (the complainant) deputed a staff from his office to visit huge Federal B Area famous for MQM Headquarters. The representative visited some 3-4 shops and 3-4 residences of the vast area and found none of them had received the directory. Justice Sardar took it an undeniable evidence and ordered justice.

7. What is today when Word Bank Donation came for reforming of the Ombudsman system? What reforms? “Investigation and evidence production is not” our job. It is duty of parties viz the complainant who invariably is a commoner downtrodden. From where he would produce evidence? Today even the might NAB can’t find “evidence” as the nation is seeing today with the result parties honourably with their neck stiff go walking out of courts “clean laundried”. Despite CCTC, Ayan is allowed to go abroad because mighty prosecutors could not produce evidence. Last year I complained that since years I am not receiving my telephone directories. The present day Ombudsman system refused even to register my complaint on the ground that my complaint was general in nature and only such complaints are accepts where an act of mal administration has been reported. Mashallah.

8. Universal belief is it is not the rule, rule, procedure or any ordinance which provided justice rather the man sitting on the chair who if bless by God with public spirit would go to any length (investigate) to arrive at true fact for declaration of justice.

Back
Top Bottom