What's new

Introducing Project 23560E - Next gen russian destroyers

Agent_47

Reaction score
Country
India
The new destroyer is designated as Project 23560E or Shkval (Squall). It is intended to conduct operations in off-shore maritime and oceanic zones, to destroy land and naval targets, provide combat stability to naval forces, maintain area anti-air and anti-missile defence and complete peacetime tasks in all zones of the world’s oceans.

11269483_939345202795597_1521961792571138679_n.jpg

The ship will have full-load displacement of 15,000-18,000 tons making it the largest destroyer in the world. It will have a length of 200 m, beam of 23 m and draft of 6.6 m. The destroyer will be capable of cruising at 20 knots with a maximum speed of 32 knots. The ship can achieve an endurance of 90 days with a crew of around 250-300.

The Shkval is intended to be powered by a gas turbine engine. It will be fitted with a battle management system integrated with tactical and operational-tactical ACSs. The destroyer’s armament will comprise of 60-70 anti-ship or anti-land cruise missiles, 128 surface-to-air missiles (SAMs), and 16-24 anti-submarine missiles. The ship will also be equipped with a 130 mm multipurpose naval gun.

It’s integrated electronic package includes a multi-functional phased array radar, electronic warfare subsystem, communications suite and an underwater reconnaissance system. The aviation wing consists of two utility helicopters. These specifications are in its preliminary stage and could change as the development progresses.

Russian destroyer design revealed - IHS Jane's 360

Quite a high mast no? But awesome capabilities. Good luck Russia, build lots of them!

don't see Russia being able to support so many military projects , specially one as expensive as this
such ship will easily cost 2 bil + unarmed

I never care much for the looks of a naval vessel but holy shit this one looks godly..

don't see Russia being able to support so many military projects , specially one as expensive as this
such ship will easily cost 2 bil + unarmed

Nah, 2 bn unarmed? That's US projects. I can see russia pull it off. Perhaps not AS hypermodern as western ships, but packs more than a punch.

The new destroyer is designated as Project 23560E or Shkval (Squall). It is intended to conduct operations in off-shore maritime and oceanic zones, to destroy land and naval targets, provide combat stability to naval forces, maintain area anti-air and anti-missile defence and complete peacetime tasks in all zones of the world’s oceans.

The ship will have full-load displacement of 15,000-18,000 tons making it the largest destroyer in the world. It will have a length of 200 m, beam of 23 m and draft of 6.6 m. The destroyer will be capable of cruising at 20 knots with a maximum speed of 32 knots. The ship can achieve an endurance of 90 days with a crew of around 250-300.

The Shkval is intended to be powered by a gas turbine engine. It will be fitted with a battle management system integrated with tactical and operational-tactical ACSs. The destroyer’s armament will comprise of 60-70 anti-ship or anti-land cruise missiles, 128 surface-to-air missiles (SAMs), and 16-24 anti-submarine missiles. The ship will also be equipped with a 130 mm multipurpose naval gun.

It’s integrated electronic package includes a multi-functional phased array radar, electronic warfare subsystem, communications suite and an underwater reconnaissance system. The aviation wing consists of two utility helicopters. These specifications are in its preliminary stage and could change as the development progresses.

Russian destroyer design revealed - IHS Jane's 360
See Russian Navy Thread 2.
14th February 2013
(so not 2015 as some claim: Promising destroyer / NIR Leader: - Page 5 )

at full-load displacement of 15,000-18,000 tons, it is a cruiser.

Foreign%20experts%20showed%20the%20layout%20of%20the%20prospective%20Russian%20destroyer.jpg

Foreign experts showed the layout of the prospective Russian destroyer | RUSHINCRASH

f_c2F2ZXBpYy5zdS80OTU0NzQyLmpwZw==.jpeg

See 1:08 «Боевой корабль будущего создают в Санкт-Петербурге» в блоге «Видеоблог» - Сделано у нас

Nah, 2 bn unarmed? That's US projects. I can see russia pull it off. Perhaps not AS hypermodern as western ships, but packs more than a punch.

yes , it's a cruiser , definitely over 2 bln mark

Russia is currently building Frigates at nearly 5,000 tons for half a billion.

Plus , with so many cells , properly equipping the ship will cost an additional 200 - 300 mil.

yes , it's a cruiser , definitely over 2 bln mark

Russia is currently building Frigates at nearly 5,000 tons for half a billion.

Plus , with so many cells , properly equipping the ship will cost an additional 200 - 300 mil.

Damn. Pretty soon building ships will become unaffordable to any country. Even the US can't keep up at such prices. Perhaps high-tech has become too high-tech? I'd rather have 5 older tech cruisers with less electronic etc than 1 of these.

edit: though perhaps one of these could sink all 5 older cruisers because of modern radars etc?

Damn. Pretty soon building ships will become unaffordable to any country. Even the US can't keep up at such prices. Perhaps high-tech has become too high-tech? I'd rather have 5 older tech cruisers with less electronic etc than 1 of these.

Considering the usual high prices in Western World , ships such as Zumwalt are fairly priced at a 3 bil mark
considering how advanced it is. Pretty sad Americans decided it was too costly and only building 3 of them

ironically, they decided to go with Burke Flight III, which is in trouble and is costing a lot more than Zumwalt.

Considering the usual high prices in Western World , ships such as Zumwalt are fairly priced at a 3 bil mark
considering how advanced it is. Pretty sad Americans decided it was too costly and only building 3 of them

ironically, they decided to go with Burke Flight III, which is in trouble and is costing a lot more than Zumwalt.

I think the Zumwalt is BS, with it's nonsensical hull design. I dont know why the Flight 3 is having trouble. Perhaps the new electronics/radar/cells being put in? The basic ship design is the same.

I think the Zumwalt is BS, with it's nonsensical hull design. I dont know why the Flight 3 is having trouble. Perhaps the new electronics/radar/cells being put in? The basic ship design is the same.

Zumwalt is technologically unmatched by any country , even 3 of them is enough to deal with pretty much every other navy

Flight III main problem is a lot of upgrades but not enough space.

Zumwalt is technologically unmatched by any country , even 3 of them is enough to deal with pretty much every other navy

Flight III main problem is a lot of upgrades but not enough space.

The Zumwalt has many flaws, it's unstable ship design, too weak main gun etc. It's another 'over the top' US fail of a design, like the LCS ships. I've read many articles about it. That's why they've canceled it. Thing can pretty much tip over in high seas. It's more of a technology demonstrator.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom