What's new

Intel CEO Defends China As One of The Largest & Most Important Tech Markets In The World, Says Growth Here Is Very Exciting

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Intel CEO Defends China As One of The Largest & Most Important Tech Markets In The World, Says Growth Here Is Very Exciting​

Hassan Mujtaba•Apr 14, 2023 03:10 PM EDT

Intel-CEO-China-Visit.webp

Intel CEO (Pat Gelsinger) and China's Commerce Minister (Wang Wentao) shake hands during a meeting in Bejing. (Image Credits: Semiwiki)

Intel CEO, Pat Gelsinger, recently visited China to attend the company's Sustainable Development Summit Forum. During his visit, Pat stated that China is very important for them & one of the tech world's largest markets.

Intel Is Really Excited To See The Tech Growth In China, CEO Calls It The Biggest Tech Markets In The World During Visit

While the US and its allies have put major technology sanctions on China, major tech giants are continuing to operate within the country due to the huge market potential. NVIDIA and AMD are still offering their server and consumer-level products to Chinese players and during the recent visit of Intel's CEO, Pat Gelsinger, he defended China as one of the biggest markets in the world.

Intel's CEO attended the Sustainable Development Summit Forum which was hosted by the Blue team in Bejing on the 12th of April. While Pat has previously visited China, this was his first time doing so as the CEO of the company. The event was mostly aimed to move to 100% renewable electricity by 2030 and achieving net-zero greenhouse emissions by 2040. Intel will also hit a goal that conserving 60 billion gallons of water by funding external water body restoration projects in China.

“Intel’s presence in China is very important, because the country is one of the world’s largest markets, and also one of Intel’s most important markets,”
via National Review
Later during his speech, Pat mentioned that he was very optimistic about the Chinese market and that the growth in China is looking very exciting from a technology perspective. Currently, China has 5.2 million data center racks deployed throughout the country which is a 30% annual growth over five years, and this increased to 6.7 million units at the end of 2022. More so, the whole data center industry amounts to 2.6% of the country's entire electricity consumption.

Apple, Intel, Tesla... US business CEOs are lining up to visit China and piling up praises , who holds the real power in US? US government or big companies?

微信图片_20230401015420.png

微信图片_20230401015655.png

Fukk Intel. I have 10-12 3rd gen 22nm Core i5 PCs (various laptops, desktops and mini PCs) to run Windows 7 and 1 Tiger Lake notebook. I bought the Tiger Lake one because that's what the Huawei Matebook uses. The Tiger Lake will be my last Intel.

Anyways, Wintel sucks arse. I dual boot Win11 + Deepin. When I switch to Win11, I suddenly realize how fugly it is, especially the Taskbar, compared to Deepin. The floating taskbar of Deepin with rounded corners looks more refined than that ugly square bar hugging the screen borders at the bottom of Win11...

For me, I will be waiting for something better than Intel because I know the crap that runs on them (cough Windows cough) too ugly for my taste plus don't work quite as good! (Win11 pisses me off with the unnecessary and annoying changes from Win7).

I'm pretty sure the future PC powered by Kirin running Harmony OS will be 10x better looking and works better than Windows 14...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom