What's new

National Air Defense Command (NADCOM) - Updates & Discussions.

high adaptability and customization potential of Chinese products makes them very suitable plus close relations ensure continuous supply of spares as well joint production possibility in future.

I have a strong feeling that these are the HQ-9...

Considering that Pakistan has Crotale, SPADA, and other small point defense SAM systems. I think 8 - 10 of these would be a good number to ensure complete air supremecy of our skies...this is mainly because of the long range of the system. The longer the range.. the less we need..

Ofcourse we cant ignore the fact that Pakistan is crawling with short range SAM such as the ANZA and stinger..

We do really need

Karachi 4 SAMS
Islamabad 4 SAMS
LAHORE 4 SAMS
Peshawar 4 SAMS
Paktoon Kuwa 3 SAMS

This is the absolute minimum requirement for our national defence

When combined with SPADA and JF17 thunder the defensive needs of national need will be met to good extent:pakistan::china:

SAMS are not required to defend province by province but they are to defend strategic and high value targets that enemy likes to destroy first. No one will visit Pakhtoon Khua and it cannot unless it crosses bordering areas including Lahore, Islamabad and areas around. So a SAM placed anywhere before Pakhtoon Khua would be defending it as well.

Well any where strategic gives you protection 100-300 km radius is all good , which is why I imagined they would be placed in such a way that it would cover key areas

Obviously what we need is a combination of high altitude defences and mid level defences

If we can produce a local version it would be great for low-mid level
protection

But we do need 4 systems / province so enemy would know that all of the pakistan is properly covered

No point putting a STEEL door on your right side and leave your back door open etc

19-20 systems is really the bare minimum requirement for us and not just 3 systems -

During egypt vs Israel war the SAM egypt had were all placed along side the army on borders , so no one dared enter that airspace but obviously when egyptians decided to go in out of the protection zone ... with tanks

They got hammered pretty good ...

My be for us if we place these on city parameters would be ideal to prevent any one sneaking in

We definately need a system covering Faisalabad and more importantly Sialkot!

Can we have some pic's of the sys's?

im just hoping we get a high altitude SAM system ASAP which can bring down ballistic missiles and cruise missiles and thats it!!

im just hoping we get a high altitude SAM system ASAP which can bring down ballistic missiles and cruise missiles and thats it!!

High altitude SAMs are not useful against cruise missiles

To counter cruse missile you need low level SAMs like Iron Dom ...

High altitude SAMs are not useful against cruise missiles

To counter cruse missile you need low level SAMs like Iron Dom ...

The S-300 performs both the tasks, though obviously you don't wan to hit a cruise missile with a missile larger than itself.

Sigh...though it's good that we're overcoming our air defence shortcomings by buying these SAMs, i'd rather have this money being invested in our crappy education sector.

When will our countrymen learn. :frown:

i think better way for that is to be . . . . . ..

The money, that is wasted in corruption should be saved and put in education. That would be worth billions and billions of dollars . . . . . . .

well i think crotale system is being replaced with spada. am i right?

yes you are right Graphican, but i think india has got a base some where in central asia( although using it against pakistan comes with a lot of issues/strings) and further we might need a few over there in case we have to take care of the US(in case).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom