What's new

INS Vishal : 2nd meeting of Indo US officials held in New Delhi

mkb95

Reaction score
Country
India
2nd Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Cooperation (JWGACTC) meeting between India & United States concludes in New Delhi

The 2nd meeting of the Joint Working Group on Aircraft Carrier Technology Co-operation (JWGACTC), constituted under the auspices of the Indo – US Defence Trade and Technology Initiative, was organised in India from 15 to 18 Feb 16.

An 11 member delegation of the US Side, headed by Rear Admiral Thomas J Moore, Program Executive Officer, Aircraft Carriers (United States Navy), visited various defence/ industrial installations in India including the Shore Based Test Facility at Goa, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bengaluru and Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), Kochi. The delegation also visited the first Indian Indigenous Aircraft Carrier being constructed at CSL.

The concluding session of the Joint Working Group Meeting was held on 18 Feb 16 at New Delhi and was co-chaired by Vice Admiral GS Pabby, Controller Warship Production and Acquisition and Rear Admiral Thomas J Moore, Program Executive Officer, Aircraft Carriers (United States Navy). During this meeting, various aspects of cooperation in the field of aircraft carrier technology were discussed and a joint statement signed.

The meeting was attended by members of the Joint Working Group and relevant representatives from IHQ MoD (N), HQIDS, DRDO and Ministry of External Affairs, India.

source- Life of Soldiers: INS Vishal : 2nd meeting of Indo US officials held in New Delhi

The Bridge of INS Vishal is under construction in US??

That's INS Vikrant--under construction at Cochin Shipyard.

An 11 member delegation of the US Side, headed by Rear Admiral Thomas J Moore, Program Executive Officer, Aircraft Carriers (United States Navy), visited various defence/ industrial installations in India including the Shore Based Test Facility at Goa, Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Bengaluru and Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), Kochi. The delegation also visited the first Indian Indigenous Aircraft Carrier being constructed at CSL.

Source: INS Vishal : 2nd meeting of Indo US officials held in New Delhi

That's INS Vikrant--under construction at Kochin Shipyard.

Source: INS Vishal : 2nd meeting of Indo US officials held in New Delhi

That's INS Vikrant--under construction at Cochin Shipyard.

is that a new Photo or the old one.?? i think the island is already installed on INS Vikrant

is that a new Photo or the old one.?? i think the island is already installed on INS Vikrant

Old. This is the latest island pic available :

Latest%2Bphotos%2Bof%2BIndia%2527s%2Baircraft%2Bcarrier%2B-%2BINS%2BVikrant%2B1.jpg

I think you are confusing yourself. See closely the guys are standing on the flight deck and you can clearly see Island is already installed. Only refitting work going on. This seems to be recent pic.

I think you are confusing yourself. See closely the guys are standing on the flight deck and you can clearly see Island is already installed. Only refitting work going on. This seems to be recent pic.

i don't know but they're defiantly not standing on a Carrier deck

See the recent pic that is posted by Armani..

Look at the floor where they are standing. That is not concrete, that is steel. You can also see the weapons bay behind them, so it is definitely Vikrant.

Look at the floor where they are standing. That is not concrete, that is steel. You can also see the weapons bay behind them, so it is definitely Vikrant.

Dude that's defiantly not steel.. and where the hell is weapon bay behind them???

Times of India reporting US has refused nuclear propulsion for Vishal.
If true can be a temporary setback.

Times of India reporting US has refused nuclear propulsion for Vishal.
If true can be a temporary setback.
But we can build the reactor by ourselves.Reportedly after the 83 Mw reactor, Barc is working on a 180Mw reactor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom