What's new

INS Vikrant taking shape

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
15442114_1270415343036518_7198482648880002508_n.jpg

High probability of Vikrant having a sister ship. Vikrant II.

High probability of Vikrant having a sister ship. Vikrant II.
I too expected and desired for the same,but recently US experts opinion on vibrant is a negative mark.

4 engines, shafts, propeller installation works already completed. Super structure mating with the deck by welding process is going on. Looks like completed almost. Rest of the work could be to install electronics equipments, weapon systems etc which could take another year. We could expect Vikrant to our by 2020 with 1 year additional delay if happen

I remember someone saying there is no change in the construction stages for the IAC. Forgot the good fellows name.

I too expected and desired for the same,but recenTh US experts opinion on vibrant is a negative mark.

US Experts ! A random post on Whastington Post and you take it above Naval Design Department?

The so called " EXPERTS " said it lacks short range missiles ? If this is a criteria , QE Class too is Junk ?

In contrary INS VIKRANT is to sport 8x8 cell VLS BARAK 8/ER, 4xAK630 M and 4x OTO MELARA 76MM.

This is probably the second most heavy armed Aircraft Carrier after Russian Aviation Cruiser.

Back
Top Bottom