What's new

INS Kalvari begins rigorous sea trials

Very good.

Submarine has got delayed but that gave us a chance to incorporate lots of new technologies. In one war game conducted just an year ago, French Sub sunk 20 US warships. French technology is top notch. This shall give us the power to dominate Indian ocean. Noisy Chinese submarines shall be no match to this high tech french sub. We shall be stealthily be able to petrol ocean of our concern.

What an idiotic comparison. You are comparing a small, conventional 1,500 Tonne submarine with big ballistic missile nuclear submarines.
Arre yaar Dontello, relax! Who's comparing? Certainly not me! What's shown in that diagram is a Scorpene Class sub which India has contracted for and being made in India at Mazagaon Docks and elsewhere.

I really don't get what the heck you're referring to! The sub in the diagram which I showed is the Scorpene class sub having a displacement of 1560 tonnes and NOT a big ballistic missile nuclear submarine that you seem to think it is! What's shown in the right hand column are the big ballistic missile nuke subs of the US and Russia which I am NOT referring to nor comparing them to the Scorpene.

Are you confused, or am I confused in trying to figure out what you're trying to say?

Arre yaar Dontello, relax! Who's comparing? Certainly not me! What's shown in that diagram is a Scorpene Class sub which India has contracted for and being made in India at Mazagaon Docks and elsewhere.

I really don't get what the heck you're referring to! The sub in the diagram which I showed is the Scorpene class sub having a displacement of 1560 tonnes and NOT a big ballistic missile nuclear submarine that you seem to think it is! What's shown in the right hand column are the big ballistic missile nuke subs of the US and Russia which I am NOT referring to nor comparing them to the Scorpene.

Are you confused, or am I confused in trying to figure out what you're trying to say?

That's is also Malaysian scorpene s

We should order a follow on of 6 more scorpenes under the P75 only.
As the P75I will not deliver us the first boat before 2022.
And the production of present 6 scorpenes will end by 2018-19.

Very good.

Submarine has got delayed but that gave us a chance to incorporate lots of new technologies. In one war game conducted just an year ago, French Sub sunk 20 US warships. French technology is top notch. This shall give us the power to dominate Indian ocean. Noisy Chinese submarines shall be no match to this high tech french sub. We shall be stealthily be able to petrol ocean of our concern.
which new technologies ?
I read something similar about Swedish Submarine. Can you post the link for the French Sub exercise?
Pakistan already operates Agosta. Though just 3 but still can give a punch.

Last edited:
which new technologies ?
I read something similar about Swedish Submarine. Can you post the link for the French Sub exercise?
Pakistan already operates Agosta. Thought just 3 but still can give a punch.

The latest technologies developed recently in France and in India. New Sonars, new Torpedo , new generation electronics.

What i am saying is that posting such a figure is very irrelevant. You could've done a comparison of Scorpene with Agosta 90, Type 212/214 or Chinese Type039/41 etc

We need more attack submarines and at least 2 nuclear powered attack submarine by next decade. We will be operating 2 aircraft carriers till next decade hence one nuclear powered for each group.

Back
Top Bottom