What's new

Initial construction of Diamer-Basha Dam [PICS]

bananarepublic

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
self clicked pics seems that after ten years ,constructions has finally started....
WP_20161230_16_46_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20161230_16_46_43_Pro.jpg

@anant_s ,@Arsalan ,@WAJsal ,@unleashed ,@Levina ,@Taygibay ,

Attachments

• WP_20161230_16_52_22_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161230_16_52_22_Pro.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 57
it is a gravity dam.
i thought so, looking at the kind of terrain. it is a very cost effective design.
Any hydro electricity generation utility also attached or is it for irrigation and flood control?

i thought so, looking at the kind of terrain. it is a very cost effective design.
Any hydro electricity generation utility also attached or is it for irrigation and flood control?

Yup. Electricity generation is also a major goal of this dam. WAPDA plans to generate around 4500 megawatts of electricity through 12 turbines.

constructions has finally started....
Whoa!!!
Isn't this supposed to be world's highest RCC dam when completed?
Congrats!!! :)

It is supposed to generate some clean hydropower.

Have you taken the images yourself, plus what kind of construction? last i saw it they were drilling some sort of tunnels to test the site. Is it actual construction for the dam?

i think they are clearing the area for the dam and the tunnels are to divert the water when they start the lower part of dam

Yup. Electricity generation is also a major goal of this dam. WAPDA plans to generate around 4500 megawatts of electricity through 12 turbines.

If you can plz keep posting updates on this!... very curious to see the progress on this! Thanks!

Wonder who and how this dam is getting funding?
Apparently the Government of Pakistan has made a mind to fund from its own resources. They will give a last push to China when they proposed to add this project in CPEC otherwisw they will spare 10-15% of PSDP exclusive for Diamer Bhasha dam for couple of years. They also talked about leasing Ghazi Barotha Hydropower project to fund Diamer Bhasha Dam.

I wouldn't mind if they lease Tarbela dam for 15-20 years and use its resources to complete D-B dam

Back
Top Bottom