What's new

INFO. ON GSG-5

Aamir Hussain

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AoA. Can any one share their experience with GSG-5? (The 0.22 Clone of MP-5)

I have just received my all Pakistan rifle licence -- thinking about buying the GSG-5 ---- it looks serious stuff specvially when equipped with the tactical sight and the grip.

Would appreciate a response.

Thankyou in advance.:tup:

AoA. Can any one share their experience with GSG-5? (The 0.22 Clone of MP-5)

I have just received my all Pakistan rifle licence -- thinking about buying the GSG-5 ---- it looks serious stuff specvially when equipped with the tactical sight and the grip.

Would appreciate a response.

Thankyou in advance.:tup:

Before taking the final decision, do read the below material and see if it is viable as its production has stopped and may be spare parts or service issues come up.

German Sport Guns GSG-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before taking the final decision, do read the below material and see if it is viable as its production has stopped and may be spare parts or service issues come up.

German Sport Guns GSG-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you for the guidance. I already knew about the law suit. I have checked with one of my friends based in US -- his take, the support will remain. furthermore, some of the external parts are interchangeable with the original MP-5.

Would appreciate if you can recommend another weapon. my range is between 75 to 100K?

Many thanks for the reply!:tup:

Thank you for the guidance. I already knew about the law suit. I have checked with one of my friends based in US -- his take, the support will remain. furthermore, some of the external parts are interchangeable with the original MP-5.

Would appreciate if you can recommend another weapon. my range is between 75 to 100K?

Many thanks for the reply!:tup:

But are you gonna import it or buy it locally ??

Have you found about the local cost, is it available here in Pakistan ??

But are you gonna import it or buy it locally ??

Have you found about the local cost, is it available here in Pakistan ??

Yes it is available here in Karachi. Saw it, held it, felt raw power! The GSG-5 I saw was at Pioneer Arms for Rs. 115K. It had a telescopic butt, with a tactical sight and forward hand grip.

Since then, one of my cousins has found the actual importer out of Lahore. Selling it for 75K without the tactical sight and the grip.:tup:

First of all, let me point out that GSG-5 is a .22LR semi-automatic rifle. Its practically a toy and was aimed mostly as a training tool for police departments that have MP5 sub-machine guns. Still, I chose to buy it, simply for the fact that GSG got sued by HK and had to stop making these. I found a limited edition Titanium and put it in my gun safe just because these are getting harder to come by. They (GSG) are now coming out with an updated version based on their settlement with HK and the differences are mostly cosmetic so that the gun looks less of an MP5 than before.

Those that have them, appear to like them a lot. They definitely have a cool-factor to them.

But if it is your ONLY weapon, I'd be concerned about service and spares.

A unique safety feature of GSG-5 is that the rifle will not fire if the magazine is removed, even if the bullet is in the chamber and the rifle is on 'F'

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom