What's new

Indonesia warns of 'mistrust' over US base in Australia, Supports China

Ya Corby is as guilty as a kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar. Everybody knows that. Dont know where all these stirrings are coming from, everybody I know agrees you have to accept the law of the land where you are visiting. If you are stupid enough to smuggle drugs in South East Asia then you are just asking for trouble.
The issues come down to this though. Australia does not believe in the death penalty, so it will try hard to convince said governments to grant leniency. Australia has a free media, if you dont like what they are reporting then dont subscribe to it. What do you propose, having a censored or government run mouth piece? Yeah I dont think so.
Marty Natalegawa is a very intelligent man, he is quite an impressive person from all the interviews I have seen him in. Of course there were going to be questions with the Marines stationed in Darwin, but as Marty said he asked the questions and he was given appropriate answers that were acceptable. So if Indonesia doesnt have a problem with the deployment then nobody else should.

Indonesia is so desperate to be see in the same light as China. Indonesia wants to be seen as a powerful superpower like China so Indonesia had a whinge about the marines being stationed in the Northern Territory even though it doesn't affect them in any way in the hope that it will make them look like a world player.

The U.S couldn't give a crap what Indonesia, they aren't even on Americas radar.

Indonesia does have the potential though to be a nuisance in the region. They got away with all that massacre in East Timor over 2 decades I believe? Also that murder of the 5 Aussie reporters. The man who actually carried out that operation is now a minister in Jakarta. Yunus Yosfiah I believe.

Lets not even start on their human rights track record.

Hopefully, Indonesia will take her rightful place as the superpower of Southeast Asia. A strong Indonesia is in the interests of the world.

We are handing out the superpower tag like candy these days huh? I believe Indonesia is already a regional power in Southeast Asia, with the biggest economy and a powerful military comparing it to its neighbors.

Singapore has a tight, mobile and well-equipped and well-trained armed forces but it doesn't have the population or the strategic depth. Vietnam is on par with Indonesia for sure. The rest are not even close.

SinoChallenger once again posting an aggressive post.

He seems to be always posting stuff like "This country should invade this country and destroy it "This country should nuke this country"

Luckily he is just an armchair expert and not in any position of power.

If Indonesia is not on America's radar, that's because they are a stealth bomber to destroy Western imperialism in Asia!

Indonesian population + Islamic resistance spirit + Chinese technology and weapons = future ruler and conqueror of Australia

It's time for Indonesians to finally rise against domination by Australia. China will help them acquire nuclear weapons if necessary.

With our Indonesian ally, China can transit from our South China Sea to indian Ocean anytime! USA's attempt to "deploy troops" in Australia unfortunately backfired badly.

China is the naturally dominant power of East Asia, accept that reality and prosper. Challenge us and you will go the same way as Imperial Japan and USSR!

Lol, "go the same way Imperial Japan and the USSR", only if the US saves your **** yet again.

Lol, "go the same way Imperial Japan and the USSR", only if the US saves your **** yet again.
It is China who saved the West from Imperial Japan and the USSR. Without China, Imperial Japan would have replaced Western powers in East Asia. Without Chinese pressure in the Far East and Afghanistan / Central Asia, USSR would have rolled over Western Europe.

It is China who saved the West from Imperial Japan and the USSR. Without China, Imperial Japan would have replaced Western powers in East Asia. Without Chinese pressure in the Far East and Afghanistan / Central Asia, USSR would have rolled over Western Europe.

Chinese always think they're best nation/country on the world and flattery themselves to the sky. What's China in your mind, Mr.SinoChallenger? The God must be crazy! :bunny: I have read a Chinese military book with stupid word, they flattery their PLA in Korean War with Han proverbs (In fact, their human waves were destroy by bomb). I and my friends had to thrown it to recycle bin to stop laughing. :argh:

Chinese always think they're best nation/country on the world and flattery themselves to the sky. What's China in your mind, Mr.SinoChallenger? The God must be crazy! :bunny: I have read a Chinese military book with stupid word, they flattery their PLA in Korean War with Han proverbs (In fact, their human waves were destroy by bomb). I and my friends had to thrown it to recycle bin to stop laughing. :argh:

PLA never fights on our own land. We always fight on foreigner's land, like Vietnam. That's how strong countries operate. US Army never fights on American land, always on foreigner's land.

It seems that not only does SinoChallenger have an aggressive view of everything, he also lives in an alternate reality.

Australia is little out of place in this planet. It should be inhabited by the Asian and Indian in the first place. The current citizen should be given 1/3 rd of the land and rest should be divided in 3 different countries. One for Chinese, One for other Indonesian Philipines Malay etc and another for Indian Sub Continent. To appease American they should be given little piece of the pie as well.

My 2 Cents

I read an article saying that after "the 2+2 Ministerial Meeting of the Foreign and Defense Ministers, Indonesia-Australia 2012", this suspicion of Indonesian has been removed cheerfully. But I don't remember the source of the article.

This is an other article praises good relations Indonesia - Australia today:

Indonesia-Australia: Beyond bilateralism
04/24/2012
After periods of fluctuation, Indonesia-Australia relations have matured into a well-developed state of friendship, probably the best that it has ever been.

Indonesia’s political transformation from an authoritarian regime to a democratic state was one of the contributing factors that drove bilateral relations in a more positive direction.
Indonesia-Australia: Beyond bilateralism | The Jakarta Post

Sinochallenger reported for continual attempt to derail and ruin threads with trolling.

PLA never fights on our own land. We always fight on foreigner's land, like Vietnam. That's how strong countries operate. US Army never fights on American land, always on foreigner's land.

So you meant to say Tibet is Foreign Land and you are occupying that :devil:

I thought in 1962 Chinese fought in their own land... hah now I understand why these Monks call you looters and invaders.

I hope these kind of acts open up the eyes of Indonesian Government and they start developing their own Armed Force with really fast speed specially their Air Force

I hope these kind of acts open up the eyes of Indonesian Government and they start developing their own Armed Force with really fast speed specially their Air Force

Australia and Indonesia have friendly relations, all these comments of how Indonesia should counter this or act more aggressive are just misguided and uninformed.

Back
Top Bottom