What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

paskhas.jpg

Prajurit Komando Batalyon 462 Paskhas TNI AU mengikuti arahan prajurit Amerika Serikat dari kesatuan Special Operation Command Pacific (US Socpac) pada latihan tembak reaksi di Lanud Roesmin Nurjadin, Pekanbaru, Rabu (24/2/2016). Pasukan elit Paskhas TNI AU dan US SOCPAC saling bertukar ilmu tentang teknik dan strategi perang dalam latihan bersama "JCET Vector Balance Iron" di Provinsi Riau. (ANTARA FOTO/FB Anggoro)

18 Billion dollars is great budget I am hopeful to see its results in Indonesian Forces. Indonesia should go for Global role including Military wise.
global role... we already have
for example: garuda contingent. Peacekeepers drawn from the Indonesian military that serve with the United Nations since early 60s.
we also have a big peacekeeping training facility here...
or are you expecting indonesia to join an unclear and debatable war somewhere in this planet??? i hope that never happen...

Thanks for all answers. But when i go indonesia i see something else and i begining the wonder. Indonesian people can see or not see. They care or not care. They think or not think. What is their opinion anout it?..

I have a computer failure in indonesia my first days and i want new hard drive or ssd. They say go this shoping mall you can found someone sell computer part. I found from chinese businessman. I want to compare of course. All of computer part saler and repairer business run from another chinese businessman. And they inform each other about customers. I buy from someone but of course begining the really think. And my radar is open.

And in my Indonesia time i can see something. Is some business area can gain money, some chinese man come and make business in it? Of course all people do that when thay see money. But chinese people act like a conquerer this sector and have a dicision maker. And every chinese inside each other like a familiy. They always help, support and inform each other.

Even you need a doctor. You have two options. One: hospital. (Expensive, busy, chemical.) Two: Traditional tabib. (Cheaper but not every one is thrusted.) And if you want to go good dukun/sinshei, he or she must be chinese.

And if you want to eat good food like mie pangsit, mie ayam, kuetiaw, they must be mostly chinese made in indonesia. Nearly all of the kacang goreng renyah, bakpao made and sell by the chinese people. And i read all the answers and think again.

Is that chinese economic invasion on Indonesia? Or not?.. Bcs economic invasion much much more important than a military invasion. Bcs when the time comes, you can not do anything. In turkey we have a word: If someone take money from someone else, that someone begin to take orders from them. And also i hear. Your president Jokowi accept all immigrant from chinese. With or without their money of course, even they are a worker.

For Indonesian people. That is threat or not?

Well, if we talk about electronics spare parts business in Indonesia, yup it is mostly Chinese business who owns that since they can easily import from real Chinese businessmen in mainland China. So they have some kind of advantage at this point (supply chain).

But every industry has different nature as well, for instant in oil and gas Industry, it is Indonesian native who own the industry. From the biggest like PT Pertamina which is a state owned company until small contractors which are mostly private owned. I know exactly about this industry.

In term of asset, biggest companies are actually state owned. They are giant in Indonesia economy that control banks, telecommunication, mining, oil and gas industry, power plan and electricity, chemicals, aerospace, construction giant (Wijaya Karya, Hutama Karya, Waskita Karya, etc- in which Wijaya Karya itself controls 40 percent construction project in Indonesia and all of them have already gone abroad, like Waskita Karya with its Masjidil Haram renovation project, team up with Bin Laden construction ) etc

This year for instant we will revalue our state owned asset and the new valuation will give more room for them to invest, and the estimation said that we can add another 1 percent economic growth due to the revaluation that we make this year. The revaluation that we conduct this year itself is only a small portion of the potency of that, since the majority of state owned companies will not revalue their asset since revaluation will cost huge money as well as government tax.

Talking about restaurants, I doubt with your data though, they are many native entrepreneurs at that sectors and for the smalls restaurant I believe it is Native who controls it, mostly Madurese ethnic and Minang ethnic. And small food vendors in the Jakarta street are mostly Javanese/Sundanese owned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I do believe that the government must act more to fight any cartel or do something that prevent big conglomeration by private owned enterprises dominate any market (unless if it is a state owned company since Indonesian people who owns that companies and government can control their pricing if necessary).

It is because big conglomerations can potentially damage our political system as well if there are group of individuals who have too much money in their pocket.

Last edited:
18 Billion dollars is great budget I am hopeful to see its results in Indonesian Forces. Indonesia should go for Global role including Military wise.

We need to wait for at least 2 or 3 more years until Indonesia's economic growth grow stronger before this policy can be fully implemented. Mr. President stated that there is prerequisite to this budget increase... more than 6% GDP growth...

That's why we, Indonesian members always said that economic strength will become the back bone of Indonesian military modernization.

Here's the current situation
-1x-1.png

The trend in the past 15 years
Snap 2016-02-25 at 20.19.57.jpg

Last edited:
Ind_1.png

Ind_2.png

Ind_3.png

Ind_4.png

Ind_5.png

TNI to build new bases in eastern Indonesia
Biak%2BPapua.png

The Indonesian Military (TNI) plans to set up new military bases in eastern Indonesia, with Biak and Merauke in Papua and Morotai in Maluku among the options for its the location.

TNI commander Gen. Gatot Nurmantyo pointed out that currently Indonesian forces, especially the Indonesian Air Force, were concentrated in Java.

He added that the Air Force base in Yogyakarta was designated for pilot training, while the Malang Air Force Base in East Java was being used as a Hercules squadron base. Another Air Force base in Madiun, East Java, was used as a base for fighter jets.

Gatot said such a heavy concentration of Air Force bases in Java had led to dense commercial aviation traffic in some regions, because commercial airlines were prohibited from passing air space in the center of the island, forcing them to fly through northern Java.

"If we take a look at this, our defense forces are concentrated in Java. This is not right. We will develop military bases in eastern areas of Indonesia. This can boost the economy of those areas while at the same time allowing pilots to practice anytime. There are Biak, Morotai, Merauke and so on," Gatot told reporters after a meeting at the Presidential Palace in Jakarta on Tuesday.

He added that TNI would also strengthen Indonesia's defense forces in outer islands, such Alor, Lirang and Wetar in East Nusa Tenggara.

"Earlier, we had East Timor [Timor Leste] as one of our outer islands facing Australia. Now, our outer islands are Lirang, Wetar and Alor," Gatot said.

"We need to increase our defense forces, so that we will have eyes and ears on our outer islands that can inform us on all developments," he added.

Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung said that during the meeting, President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo had demanded that the development of the country’s defense capabilities should happen all over Indonesia, rather than being concentrated in Java.

He added that President Jokowi had called for a higher budget allocation for TNI, with funds to exceed 1 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP). "If our economy grows by 6 percent, we expect the funds allocated for the Indonesian Military to be around Rp 200 trillion [US$14.9 billion] to Rp 240 trillion," Pramono said. (ebf)
- Home | The Jakarta Post

Pindad, British company collaborate to anticipate IT crimes
Rabu, 24 Februari 2016 18:47 WIB | 648 Views

Jakarta (ANTARA News) - Indonesias state-owned enterprise specializing in military and commercial products PT Pindad is collaborating with British global defense company BAE Systems to anticipate information technology (IT) crimes and to strengthen national security in the cyber sector.

"Pindad, in collaboration with BAE Systems, has started defense and cybersecurity programs," President Director of Pindad Silmy Karim stated here on Wednesday.

According to Karim, awareness in cyber governance and security is still low in Indonesia due to which the number of crimes, such as hacking is quite high.

He noted that the high number of cybercrimes is influenced by the massive growth in the number of internet users in Indonesia.

Silmy remarked that IT-based crimes could be identified as a non-conventional threat that could affect the sovereignty of a country even if there is no territorial violation as the attack comes from outside the area.

Silmy noted that Pindad had prepared several human resources, some 20-100 people, to strengthen defense and cyber security.

Pindad would embrace hackers to defend the nations interests, including safeguarding economic and state sovereignty.

According to data obtained from the Indonesia Security Incident Response Team on Internet Infrastructure, there were 48.8 million cyberattacks in 2014.

Silmy affirmed that it was an opportunity for Pindad to work with BAE Systems to maximize the application of dual-use technology to provide IT-based defense.

"We believe cybersecurity has the potential to provide protection and defense to strategic assets and the national economy," he added.(*)

Pindad, British company collaborate to anticipate IT crimes - ANTARA News

Female members of the Indonesian Police Gegana Wanteror (Anti Terror) & Army Raider Infantry during joint anti terrorism exercise in Aceh.

sniper-sniper-cantik-siap-hajar-teroris_20160223_193410.jpg

sniper-sniper-cantik-siap-hajar-teroris_20160223_193634.jpg

sniper-sniper-cantik-siap-hajar-teroris_20160223_193602.jpg

sniper-sniper-cantik-siap-hajar-teroris_20160223_193458.jpg

Female members of the Indonesian Police Gegana Wanteror (Anti Terror) & Army Raider Infantry during joint anti terrorism exercise in Aceh.

View attachment 295275
View attachment 295276
View attachment 295277
View attachment 295278
Indonesia conducts anti-terrorism exercise in Aceh
February 23, 2016 | By Daily Witness Staff | Reply

Banda Aceh, Indonesia, Feb 23 (EFE).- Counter-terrorism forces in Indonesiaon Tuesday performed a role play exercise that saw them save hostages from a bus and bank in Banda Aceh city, in the northern part of Sumatra island.

The streets were closed to the public for the exercise, which started at around10am local time (3am GMT) and lasted for less than 10 minutes.

During the training drill, some officers played the roles of terrorists and captives. In the scenario, armed military personnel first saved hostages from a bus that had been hijacked by terrorists and then broke intoIndonesia Bank, where the terrorists were demanding around $1 million in cash.

The exercise comes in the wake of the Jan. 14 coordinated bomb and gun assault on downtown Jakarta that left eight people, including four assailants, dead.

The Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack, which targeted the world’s largest Muslim country.

Police have made numerous arrests following the attack, and the country has drawn up plans for tougher anti-terrorism laws.

Indonesia’s National Police are set to receive an additional $140 million in the revised 2016 state budget, enabling them to complete the construction of a new headquarters for a counterterrorism unit, The Jakarta Post reported Saturday. EFE

ac/uw/amg

anti terorist exercise in aceh, the airforce and US' SF joint training in riau, multilateral naval exercise in west sumatera (april).... sumatera got a bit busy this year huh??

Indonesia conducts anti-terrorism exercise in Aceh
February 23, 2016 | By Daily Witness Staff | Reply

Banda Aceh, Indonesia, Feb 23 (EFE).- Counter-terrorism forces in Indonesiaon Tuesday performed a role play exercise that saw them save hostages from a bus and bank in Banda Aceh city, in the northern part of Sumatra island.

The streets were closed to the public for the exercise, which started at around10am local time (3am GMT) and lasted for less than 10 minutes.

During the training drill, some officers played the roles of terrorists and captives. In the scenario, armed military personnel first saved hostages from a bus that had been hijacked by terrorists and then broke intoIndonesia Bank, where the terrorists were demanding around $1 million in cash.

The exercise comes in the wake of the Jan. 14 coordinated bomb and gun assault on downtown Jakarta that left eight people, including four assailants, dead.

The Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack, which targeted the world’s largest Muslim country.

Police have made numerous arrests following the attack, and the country has drawn up plans for tougher anti-terrorism laws.

Indonesia’s National Police are set to receive an additional $140 million in the revised 2016 state budget, enabling them to complete the construction of a new headquarters for a counterterrorism unit, The Jakarta Post reported Saturday. EFE

ac/uw/amg

anti terorist exercise in aceh, the airforce and US' SF joint training in riau, multilateral naval exercise in west sumatera (april).... sumatera got a bit busy this year huh??

Indonesian Military have more than 100 exercise engagement per year with US military alone, not to mention with other country like Australia

Back
Top Bottom