What's new

Indonesia-China Navy To Hold Joint Military Exercise In South China Sea !

Sorry, That Picture you Post in Here is not from Indonesian Riot 1998.
If you want The real Picture of Victims from 1998 Riot, This..

View attachment 11985

Dude, that is not even real pictures of 1998' Jakarta riot victims.

Until now, after years of investigations, there's only report that rape had happen but no "victim" has come forward to testify and NO PICTURES of evidence.

Picture you posted also contain image from Sampit conflict between Dayak and Madurese.

1998 tragedy is real, but there's still a lot to prove that mass rape was actually happened.

BTW i have questions,ths.
1. Does Indonesian-Chinese can join Indonesia military force now? Forbid past time.
2. Does Indonesian-Chinese can unrestricted & free to do business and setup a private company in Indonesia now? Forbid past time
  1. They can... the choice is now on Indonesian-chinese themselves.

Dirkesad-Kasdam_12-a.jpg

^
    A Tionghoa (Indonesian-chinese) general - Brigadier General Daniel Tjen (right)

http://www.kodam-tanjungpura.mil.id/index.php/list-utama/559-etnis-tionghoa-berpangkat-jenderal

Sorry, the article is in Indonesian.. a rough translation from a paragraph :

As has been said by Kasdam XII / TPR, Brigadier General Robby Win Kadir, a few months ago, when accompanying Kalimantan Police Chief, Brigadier General Tugas Dwi Apriyanto during a meeting with Yayasan Bhakti Suci, that Tionghoa (Indonesian-chinese) citizens also have the opportunity to become a member of the Indonesian Police and Armed Forces, and it's proven, there is a Tionghoa who became army officer rank of Brigadier General, and is currently serving as Director in the Directorate of Health of the Army, Brigadier General dr. Daniel Tjen, Sp.S.

2. There was never any restriction for Tionghoa to be involved in business, even in Suharto era... He even encouraged them to do so and open many doors for them in economy.. they're only banned from politics... Business was the "only way" for the Tionghoa in Indonesia.. that is the reason why majority of them in Indonesia are financially well... Many big Indonesian company like Indofood or PT. Djarum started and owned by Tionghoa. Some of Suharto's closest cronies were wealthy Tionghoas.. most notably was Sudono Salim (Liem Sioe Liong).
    To put it simple, the policy of Suharto was, to leave the economy to Indonesian-chinese and let other ethnic/natives handle everything else.

But there's no such restriction anymore.. Now indonesian-chinese has the same equal status with other ethnics.. fully becoming part of Indonesian people. They are free to involved in economy, politics, and military if they want.

@MACKLEMORE ^^^ At least I found one Chinese who remembers and speaks out.

When the founding father of China, Sun Yat Sen went overseas pleading for financial supports to the cause of overthrowing the Qing, the overseas Chinese, be them US citizens, Canadians, British, French, Indonesians, Malays donated. These people were the major financial contributors to the New China's cause. These same people always look to the motherland for support and protection.

Now these Chinese posters are making the distinction of those ethnic Chinese Indonesians were not really Chinese. How ungrateful?! It seems to me China has soon forgotten and abandoned them.
Please dont mention SYS. I dont know what he did that made him so famous other than the fact he will flee to another country in order to escape arrests. If he was a patriot, instead of fighting Qing gov't, he should have helped them drive out foreigners.

In my eyes, he is no better than Chiang Kai shek...a fake nationalist who fought his own people rather than fight the japs. A weak minded western pawn with limited military skills. No wonder the CPC easily drove his *** out of China.

1. Does Indonesian-Chinese can join Indonesia military force now? Forbid past time.
2. Does Indonesian-Chinese can unrestricted & free to do business and setup a private company in Indonesia now?
Forbid past time

1. Actually, before the anti-Communist regime Soeharto coup in 1966, there were few discrimination within Indonesian government. Besides Indonesian officers who came from "native" ethnics, some of our first generals and high ranking military officers (veterans of the independence war) weren't native Indonesians, there were Chinese, Ex-Imperial Japanese officers, ex-British Indian army officers, Ex-Netherland colonial army officers.

There's now no restriction for anybody to serve at the military as long as they hold Indonesian passport and doesn't have any criminal offenses.

2. Since the dawn of the republic, ethnic Chinese is one of "suku dagang - Trading ethnics (a call for ethnics that are known for their trading skills)" in Indonesia, there is a saying in Indonesia that their shops are competing with the ethnic Minang, ethnic Bugis owned shops at every corner of streets and malls :guns:.

There were never problems for anyone to open business as long as I can remember.

@MACKLEMORE ^^^ At least I found one Chinese who remembers and speaks out.

When the founding father of China, Sun Yat Sen went overseas pleading for financial supports to the cause of overthrowing the Qing, the overseas Chinese, be them US citizens, Canadians, British, French, Indonesians, Malays donated. These people were the major financial contributors to the New China's cause. These same people always look to the motherland for support and protection.

Now these Chinese posters are making the distinction of those ethnic Chinese Indonesians were not really Chinese. How ungrateful?! It seems to me China has soon forgotten and abandoned them.

Hails to the oversea Chinese contributors! History never forget them.

Some posters really behave like what CPC had done, CPC did hurt these oversea Chinese's feelings. CPC suppressed its people with no mercy, it's their tradition, i'm not surprised at all. They always sacrifice a small groups of people's interest, to achieve the so called"national interest". Our education system has always emphasized national interest or Patriotism, they never mention the minority's interest or respect individual's benefit. But when people suffered, this CPC betrayed them!

What really make me disappointed is that some posters even don't know what happened and come up with forgiveness.

Please dont mention SYS. I dont know what he did that made him so famous other than the fact he will flee to another country in order to escape arrests. If he was a patriot, instead of fighting Qing gov't, he should have helped them drive out foreigners.

In my eyes, he is no better than Chiang Kai shek...a fake nationalist who fought his own people rather than fight the japs. A weak minded western pawn with limited military skills. No wonder the CPC easily drove his *** out of China.

Yes, SYS is not such a patriot as we thought to be. Rumors said he traded north east China with Japan for dissolving Qing dynasty.

Last edited:
@bolo ^^^ I remember seeing SYS's enlarged portraits hanging prominently during your national day celebration. May be you should ask your government why SYS deserved such honours. I also believe there are many sites in China commemorating SYS.

At least the present government of the older generation in China still have some grace left and is grateful to SYS's contribution to the new China.

I guess by the time you and your generation are in power, you will drag out SYS's portraits, and piss on them.

SYS had done more to the new China than all of your fuckers put together, 狗娘養

Last edited:
I hope your currency can stop the downward trend soon. Otherwise it will be tough to boast you are richer than Vietnam. Your currency devaluated 20% against the US dollar this year alone.

Emerging Market Currency News: Continued Decline of Indonesia's Rupiah | Indonesia Investments

that is new for me. Why?
For 1,000 years Vietnam implemented Confucism as state religion. As far as I know it worked well.

Still our economic growths outpace the devaluated Rupiah value, with current 5,8 per cent growth, we still hit 1 trillion dollar economy this year, and thanks to the downward trends of Rupiah value we still hold the competitive advantage to attract more investor from aboard and still can competing in exports market for some commodities (especially in textile industries, electronics, and automotive and extractive sectors). In 2002, Rupiah was hit the number of 14500 against US dollar, and we still can managing to growth our economic values for 4 per cent.

I hope your currency can stop the downward trend soon. Otherwise it will be tough to boast you are richer than Vietnam. Your currency devaluated 20% against the US dollar this year alone.

US Fed has already start to do tapering.......but slowly and gradually....Lets see what will be happening.....for some one who has interest in economics....it is a very awesome situation to understand emerging economies who has huge foreign capital...like India, Indonesia, and Turkey....As far as I know...you are an IT guy. It is a challenging situation for Indonesia, India, and Turkey...if we can pass this test.....along with successful election..insyaALLAH....so Indonesia will be more interesting than ever before......For me, I believe our economic strength...lets see whether my prediction is right....

US Fed has already start to do tapering.......but slowly and gradually....Lets see what will be happening.....for some one who has interest in economics....it is a very awesome situation to understand emerging economies who has huge foreign capital...like India, Indonesia, and Turkey....As far as I know...you are an IT guy. It is a challenging situation for Indonesia, India, and Turkey...if we can pass this test.....along with successful election..insyaALLAH....so Indonesia will be more interesting than ever before......For me, I believe our economic strength...lets see whether my prediction is right....

sorry bro, i can't catch a clue about what your post here. Please to be more simpler, strict to the point and comprehensively when you are trying to posting something here.

sorry bro, i can't catch a clue about what your post here. Please to be more simpler, strict to the point and comprehensively when you are trying to posting something here.

There should be a context first to understand this post....I assumed some people already understand the context......The context is ...The triggering reason of why Rupiah is depreciating is the issue of US Fed who wants to decrease its quantitative easing program (printing the money to save US economy) that make capital out flow from India, Brasil, Indonesia, and Turkey financial market..thus depreciating those countries currencies .........so, as The Fed already made his mind to realize that tapering program....we are going to be watching market reaction....if Rupiah is still stable in Januari-February.....so Rupiah is likely to be stable along 2014....and if the parliament and presidential election is conducted smoothly during 2014....Indonesia will be watched much more positively afterwards.....

@bolo ^^^ I remember seeing SYS's enlarged portraits hanging prominently during your national day celebration. May be you should ask your government why SYS deserved such honours. I also believe there are many sites in China commemorating SYS.

At least the present government of the older generation in China still have some grace left and is grateful to SYS's contribution to the new China.

I guess by the time you and your generation are in power, you will drag out SYS's portraits, and piss on them.

SYS had done more to the new China than all of your fuckers put together, 狗娘養
Serious what the **** did SYS did in history that calls for him to be so recognize as the "founding father of modern China". Nobody i have talked to can give me a good reason. Other than throwing around democratic ideologies, trying to escalate the fall of the Qing dynasty what else did he do?
And one more thing 死 鬼佬. Change your flag.

Bro u know, such sad pic easily make the reader to get nightmare at night.

U should thanks China CPC government and official XinHua media, they didn't report details and pics of 1998 Indonesia Riots to billions of Chinese folks,all we knew about 1998 riots inside China from the internet. Since WWII we just remember anti-racist riots only happened in some Aferican nations, not Asia. But 1998 in Jakarta, Indonesia it's a pain for all Chinese.

RIP, riot victims.

I'm happy to see today the situation of Indonesian-Chinese has changed in Indonesia. I wish the Indonesia can learn from past riots, develop to a successful & rich country.

As a Chinese brother, People's Republic of China always welcome and support our Chinese brothers and sisters. Today is not 2008, all media & internet can rapidly report any events all over the world, billions of Chinese ppl will be 1st time to know about the situation of our oversea Chinese in foreign nations. Today many things changed well in China, PLA also can prepare for any sea duty.

Bless Indoesia and Indoesian-Chinese !

2. Does Indonesian-Chinese can unrestricted & free to do business and setup a private company in Indonesia now? Forbid past time

Thank You Very Much For Your Concern:-)
I Hope Indonesia Can Follow The Path of Rising China :china:

I am also Interested in the Progress of PLA Navy. Their Progress is Very Fast.

I Hope PLA Navy can Compete US 7th Fleet in Next Few years :woot:

BTW, about your Question.
1. Yes, it's pretty a lot of Indonesian Born Chinese in Indonesian Military. for Example Indonesian Born Chinese Who Reach The Rank of General :

Brigjen TNI (Purn) Tedy Jusuf (pendiri PSMTI/Paguyuban Sosial Marga Tionghoa Indonesia), Laksamana Pertama TNI (Purn) Dr dr Harmin Sarana, MM, FS, SpKL, SpB(K) yang juga Pakar Kelautan,
Laksamana Muda TNI (Purn) Jahja Daniel Dharma atau yang lebih dikenal sebagai John Lie (lahir di Manado, Sulawesi Utara, 9 Maret 1911-meninggal 27 Agustus 1998 pada umur 87 tahun)
and also Brigjen TNI dr Daniel Tjen, Sp.S from Indonesian Army. :-)

2. Yes, why. cause my Father have a Private Company too in Indonesia.
Indonesia doesn't have any restriction to Indonesian Born Chinese to setup Private Company. :-)
and also in Indonesia, Indonesian Born Chinese is Very Famous as Highly Experts in Economic-Bussiness :yahoo:

For that Book, Sorry Bro. I don't have any clue about that :(

@katarabhumi
That Picture I Think it's Real.
Maybe not Mass Rape, But Organized Rape and Spontaneous Rape to Indonesian Born Chinese.
And that's Real :)

Last edited:
T
@katarabhumi
Maybe not Mass Rape, But Organized Rape and Spontaneous Rape to Indonesian Born Chinese.

How do you know that those pictures are related with this case.....? Are you a member of Independence Investigation commission set up several years ago.....? where this commission can not verify those claims from the mouths of some people....

If someone doesnt do killing or raping...and then being accused to do those thing....the sin for the deliverer is more than killing some one...according to my religion Islam.....

Any bloody pictures are easy to be taken if we work as a forensic doctor ...but the question is not whether the picture are real or not...but does it has the relationship with the case that we are talking now...?

If a killing happened during that 2-3 days in Mei 1998....of course all the victims are in Police hands and will be easily verified since forensic doctors will examine the body......but since our commission dont get the proof it means it all fakes...just try to use common sense....if your family members get raped and killed....dont you want to know who the killer is? And who the raper is and give the body to the police...? Of course we want to have revenge and cooperate with the police...if there is one case that the police handle...so Independence commission will be easy verified the accusation...where in the reality they dont find it....

Last edited:
Thank You Very Much For Your Concern:-)
I Hope Indonesia Can Follow The Path of Rising China :china:

I am also Interested in the Progress of PLA Navy. Their Progress is Very Fast.

I Hope PLA Navy can Compete US 7th Fleet in Next Few years :woot:

BTW, about your Question.
1. Yes, it's pretty a lot of Indonesian Born Chinese in Indonesian Military. for Example Indonesian Born Chinese Who Reach The Rank of General :

Brigjen TNI (Purn) Tedy Jusuf (pendiri PSMTI/Paguyuban Sosial Marga Tionghoa Indonesia), Laksamana Pertama TNI (Purn) Dr dr Harmin Sarana, MM, FS, SpKL, SpB(K) yang juga Pakar Kelautan,
Laksamana Muda TNI (Purn) Jahja Daniel Dharma atau yang lebih dikenal sebagai John Lie (lahir di Manado, Sulawesi Utara, 9 Maret 1911-meninggal 27 Agustus 1998 pada umur 87 tahun)
and also Brigjen TNI dr Daniel Tjen, Sp.S from Indonesian Army. :-)

2. Yes, why. cause my Father have a Private Company too in Indonesia.
Indonesia doesn't have any restriction to Indonesian Born Chinese to setup Private Company. :-)
and also in Indonesia, Indonesian Born Chinese is Very Famous as Highly Experts in Economic-Bussiness :yahoo:

For that Book, Sorry Bro. I don't have any clue about that :(

@katarabhumi
Thank you very much ! Now everything is fine.

@katarabhumi

No it's not... images in your picture have no connection with the (alleged) 1998 rape of the chinese in Jakarta.

There's NO PICTURES of evidence of "1998 rape".

Maybe you should read this : > Wawancara Majalah Detik dengan Indo

All this photos spreading on the net claiming as "evidence" of 1998 rape are confirmed by the investigators to be FAKE and have no connection to the incident.

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Sandiawan Sumardi (SS), secretary of the Tim Relawan Untuk Kemanusiaan (Volunteer Team For Humanity) and member of TGPF (Fact Finding Team) by Tabloid ADIL (TA), (edition) 21 August - 1 September 1998.

TA : There are photos claimed to be victims of rape May 13 to 14 appeared on the internet. How do you see it?

SS : I am so sad, there has been systematic effort to discredit the data of the Volunteer Team. For me it is a political counter, because we ourselves NEVER use the (rape) pictures as data. We felt it was an attempt to discrediting the Volunteer Team. Because there are two homepages that use Volunteer Team's name and spread the pictures. Whereas the images are computer engineering, most from the the cases in East Timor.

It's been 15 years, the team would use the pictures already if they're indeed authentic.

Back
Top Bottom