What's new

Indonesia-ACEs 'crescent and star' al flag

Turkish Star and Crescent symbol has nothing to do with Islam. It was used by Turks centuries ago.

ayyildiz_gokturk.png

Göktürk coin, from 6th century. AFAIK on the coin there are writings in Sogdian and in Old Turkic.

Ayy
You can see that most of the nations which uses Crescent and Star are Turkic.
From what I have heard. The crescent represents Islam, while the star with 5 points represents the 5 pillars of Islam.

You can see the crescent on many mosque's and minarets. Some mosque's have the crescent with the star as well.

Ottomans also used another flag with 3 crescents, the 3 moons represented the 3 holy months of Islam. The Turkish political party MHP is using this flag as well with red background. If I remember correctly, the Ottoman version had a green background, but not sure.
MHP's three-crescent symbol is relatively new. It was proposed by Türkeş and his gang as an opponent to Atsız's Üç Tuğ. Later Büyük Birlik Partisi adopted it. I could be wrong about that, though.
resimgetir.gif

(BBP's logo)

Yeah Ottoman and then Turkish one, Jinnah was a big fan and Muslims from Indo-Pak were pro-Ottoman.

I don't know much about that dynasties but according to Wiki it was also inspired by the Turkic dynasties of India. IF it is correct, this also proves my point. Turkics could come to India with their crescent and star.

Turkish Star and Crescent symbol has nothing to do with Islam. It was used by Turks centuries ago.

ayyildiz_gokturk.png

Göktürk coin, from 6th century. AFAIK on the coin there are writings in Sogdian and in Old Turkic.

6h century? Are you joking? Mesopotamians were using these symbols long before the world had knew Turks.

6h century? Are you joking? Mesopotamians were using these symbols long before the world had knew Turks.

It probably doesn't appeared in 6th century moron, even taking foreign elements to Turkic culture took centuries, just search a bit about Turkic mandate of heaven mentality.
Yeah, Mesopotamians used it then big bad Turks came from kilometers away and took it to their own culture.

Here is a map for you:
1_Asia_map-Altai_Knot.jpg

Which was probably based on red Illyrian flag:

360px-Coa_Croatia_Country_Illyria_History.svg.png
That was your argument. And I busted it with just posting a coin from Central Asia. And now you are talking about Mesopotamians. Well, yeah, let's see what your answer will be than.

For the record, even Turkic Tengri could be associated with Sumerian god Dingir. If such a cultural exchange between Turks and Sumerians exist, then you know what, I would be proud. It would mean Turkics are as long as word's first civilization and luckily they borrowed something from them. But as I said, it is NOT POSSIBLE.

Be proud then.

I'm proud in my own country and luckily I'm not living an exile life in Amsterdam.

Thanks for your advice.

I met with an Iranian guy on the net who proposes Northern Iran as the Urheimat of Turks. A crazy theory it is, but it could explain Sumerian-like words in Old Turkic.
Since we turned this thread into an historical discussion, I lost my faith toward Altaic Languages Hypothesis. Probably Turkic Languages affected other so-called Altaic Languages heavily and in this process they had lost some grammatical features.

image0111.jpg

liveimagesfotohaber330p.jpg

turk-piramitleri.jpg

These pyramids are older than 3000-4000 years. "IYI" is symbol of founder tribe of Ottoman Empire.

^

Those sites are not pyramids, but kurgans. Ancient Iranian grave houses. Nothing to do with Turks.

Kurgan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kurgan is not Iranic, but Turkic, ultimately coming from korı(to defend or keep sth)+gan. The source of the wiki article is ridiciolous.
FYI, kurgan

When Kayıs came to Anatolia, they came with that symbol too. AFAIK Osman Ghazi also used that symbol.

Kurgan is not Iranic, but Turkic, ultimately coming from korı(to defend or keep sth)+gan. The source of the wiki article is ridiciolous.
FYI, kurgan

When Kayıs came to Anatolia, they came with that symbol too. AFAIK Osman Ghazi also used that symbol.

BS. Kurgan is Iranian.

BS. Kurgan is Iranian.

Yes, just like Turkic words Bey, Kagan, Tudun, Batur and just like Turkic suffixes -chi. Most amusingly, it carries -gAn suffix, which is pure Turkic.
And for the record, the source you gave(aka wiki) also states that in the Kurgan Hypothesis article, Kurgan is a Turkic word for graveyard.

You have to study more, Surenas.

I'm proud in my own country and luckily I'm not living an exile life in Amsterdam.

Thanks for your advice.

I met with an Iranian guy on the net who proposes Northern Iran as the Urheimat of Turks. A crazy theory it is, but it could explain Sumerian-like words in Old Turkic.
Since we turned this thread into an historical discussion, I lost my faith toward Altaic Languages Hypothesis. Probably Turkic Languages affected other so-called Altaic Languages heavily and in this process they had lost some grammatical features.

Your religion is Arab, your poetry is Persian and your script is European. You guys have lost a lot of your ancient Turkic festivals, customs, religion, etc. Its a mix between Arab, Persian, European elements.

Yes, just like Turkic words Bey, Kagan, Tudun, Batur and just like Turkic suffixes -chi. Most amusingly, it carries -gAn suffix, which is pure Turkic.
And for the record, the source you gave(aka wiki) also states that in the Kurgan Hypothesis article, Kurgan is a Turkic word for graveyard.

You have to study more, Surenas.

Most reliable and academic sources talk about Iranian origin. I am not going to discuss these facts with a deluded internethistorian.

KILI%25C3%2587.jpg

There is same symbol on Sword of Caliph Osman also protector of Kaaba during pre-Islam era and later.

ayyildiz_gokturk.png

Ayy
You can see that most of the nations which uses Crescent and Star are Turkic.

MHP's three-crescent symbol is relatively new. It was proposed by Türkeş and his gang as an opponent to Atsız's Üç Tuğ. Later Büyük Birlik Partisi adopted it. I could be wrong about that, though.
resimgetir.gif

(BBP's logo)

I don't know much about that dynasties but according to Wiki it was also inspired by the Turkic dynasties of India. IF it is correct, this also proves my point. Turkics could come to India with their crescent and star.
The crescent and star have been used throughout humanity's history. But when Islamic peoples started to use it, it symbolized Islam. The color green for instance can represent Islam as well. It's not the point of who started it or not, but more about what the thought process was during the inception of a particular flag.

The flag with the 3 moons is as far as I know an Ottoman flag and it had a green background as seen in the Ottoman seal here:
osmanl%C4%B1+armas%C4%B1.jpg

I have also seen other variants of this seal by the way, where it had a different flag.

I'm sure that part about Turkes and Atsiz uc tug is correct, I'm not challenging that.

Back
Top Bottom