What's new

Indigenous HTT - 40 makes inaugural flight.

thats great but i dont think IAF gonna buy it :coffee:
But if IAF's not gonna induct these planes why did HAL developed this? I understand it makes no sense having two aircraft's for same job but still?

But if IAF's not gonna induct these planes why did HAL developed this? I understand it makes no sense having two aircraft's for same job but still?
maybe for research but ya there can be civillan use too

thats great but i dont think IAF gonna buy it :coffee:
The IAF has no choice. They still have an outstanding requirement for 120++ BTT. The IAF was ready to go for this number more PC-7s to be made in India but the MoD scrapped the deal implicitly to give HAL to deal.

The IN will also be a operator as they are seeking to bring their entire training regimen under their umbrella (right now stage 1 training for IN aviators is outsourced to the IAF).

HTT 40 makes inaugural flight. Well that was quick.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Ind...kes-inaugural-flight/articleshow/52794848.cms

@Abingdonboy @MilSpec @PARIKRAMA @GURU DUTT

Sir what are opinions on this aircraft?
No knowledge is a waste and India needs to develop its industrial base across the board. It's also good to build up India's defence portfolio for potential export orders wherever they may come.

While the HTT-40 programme was almost junked during the UPA rule, Mr Parrikar pushed both IAF and HAL to ensure development of the trainer.

Interesting :undecided:

The IAF has no choice. They still have an outstanding requirement for 120++ BTT. The IAF was ready to go for this number more PC-7s to be made in India but the MoD scrapped the deal implicitly to give HAL to deal.

The IN will also be a operator as they are seeking to bring their entire training regimen under their umbrella (right now stage 1 training for IN aviators is outsourced to the IAF).

No knowledge is a waste and India needs to develop its industrial base across the board. It's also good to build up India's defence portfolio for potential export orders wherever they may come.

The article says order for 70 already placed .Is it true?

Interesting :undecided:

The article says order for 70 already placed .Is it true?
An initial order has already been placed, I can't confirm the figures right now but it is rather irrelevant as the figure is always going to increase as the IAF and IN have a sizeable outstanding demand for BTTs.

Not bad at all.....

Just a shame it took the induction of the PC-7 to get HAL to wake up and start developing this bird.

An initial order has already been placed, I can't confirm the figures right now but it is rather irrelevant as the figure is always going to increase as the IAF and IN have a sizeable outstanding demand for BTTs.

Not bad at all.....

Just a shame it took the induction of the PC-7 to get HAL to wake up and start developing this bird.
yeah its a shame ,bird looks perfect , it will be inducted as need for basic trainer is huge

yeah its a shame ,bird looks perfect ,
Already doing gear up low speed low altitude passes? Hopefully this means the bird will speed through certification and be in service VERY soon.

More pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 55

Why wont IAF induct them, if it is comparable, and similar in price, it will always be advantageous to induct home grown product. When you are paying HAL the money remains within the government, stays in the country, makes the PSU stronger, gives it more resources for projects and development. When you buy from outside, your money goes out. I would be happy to pay more than the PC7 for this.

As far as development goes, why did we develop LCA, ALH, LCH, or any product in house when options are available off the shelf?

Not bad at all.....

it's ok dude, we'll need these tody, 10 years later and 20 years later and 30 years later. Overall will save us billions of $$.

Not as simple, HAL's capex is controlled by the MoD, where IAF has a say, Money was never released beyond feasability studies (expense account). When PC7 was bought HAL strongly objected and finally someone, wont name the gentelman, showed middle finger to Antony cronies and said we will do it alone...

HAL funded it from it's own operating funds, and accomplished this with one of the smallest teams. Also note Design to prototype time takes by ARDC (both LCH and HTT) and compare it to ADA, you will see a stark difference in culture.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom