What's new

Indigenous 'eye-in-the-sky' being developed for Indian Air Force

By 2020 China will have AWACS with radars,sensors and antennas etc fully integrated and fused into the platform。

Rotodome will soon be out of fashion。:D

And a rotating rotodome is a tad worse。:rofl:

India needs to get a move on。

Last edited:
We have tried that in early 90's. Clubbing an Airborne Surveillance System on an HAL manufactured Aircraft HS 748 but failed. We need a potent platform and until then a proven platform should be the choice.

Which resulted in the Airavat Awacs

images

By 2020 China will have AWACS with radars,sensors and antennas etc fully integrated and fused into the platform。

India needs to get a move on。

We are developing 300 KM SAM and we have 400 KM SAM.

Of course they don't decide how many aircrafts will be procured, but can influence decision of MoD, based on their promises! There are reports that they can even veto the procurement of certain techs, if they say they can develop it and do you think IAF waited so long for the addition of just 2 more A50 Phalcons because they didn't needed or wanted it?
On the other side we have DRDO...

...not having finished DRDO AWACS and dreaming of AWACS India
...not having finished indigenous fighter MMR and dreaming about indigenous AESA
...not having finished LCA MK1, but dreaming about LCA MK2, 3 and AMCA
...not having finished Rustom UAVs, but dreaing about AURA UCAV
...not having finished NAG and Helina / Astra Mk1, or Sudarshan LGB, but dreaming about extended range Helina, Astra MK2 and Ramjet propulsions, or Sudarshan NG
What's wrong with finishing developments, showing results (at least as some of the basic developments), constant improvement and working according the needs of the forces?
As long as they remain to be non-performers and dreamers, I will keep on pointing out the facts about them.

That's the point! It's not like we wouldn't have the capabilities to be more capable, look at the success ISRO has since years and still DRDO, but also other defence developers in the aero field for example are lacking so much behind of the potential we have in India, but dreaming big, showing off in the media and ego issues are preventing us to bring out the potential and DRDO is leading in these fields of mistakes.
[/quote]

Please dont enlighten so much;), you are hurting my brothers here!!

We are developing 300 KM SAM and we have 400 KM SAM.

What?, any source?

What?, any source?[/quote]

Pl read 400 KM AAM and not SAM.

Source:

400 KM AAM.

INDIAS LONG RANGE AIR TO AIR MISSILE THE K 100

300 KM SAM:

Mr. Avinash said DRDO would like to compete with the best in the world and develop long-range SAMs of 300 km range and air-to-air missiles with more than 100 km range. In addition, high-end, intelligent and highly agile futuristic missiles would be designed and developed as also capabilities to protect space assets.

Long-range SAMs, cruise missiles for all platforms: Avinash Chander - The Hindu

What?, any source?

Pl read 400 KM AAM and not SAM.

Source:

400 KM AAM.

INDIAS LONG RANGE AIR TO AIR MISSILE THE K 100

300 KM SAM:

Mr. Avinash said DRDO would like to compete with the best in the world and develop long-range SAMs of 300 km range and air-to-air missiles with more than 100 km range. In addition, high-end, intelligent and highly agile futuristic missiles would be designed and developed as also capabilities to protect space assets.

Long-range SAMs, cruise missiles for all platforms: Avinash Chander - The Hindu[/quote]
i know that missile and we are not in 100 kms SAM business yet and drdo talking about 400

Truth hurts and a bit more plain reality isn't that bad for "our" brothers and sisters. ;)

Good to see that our army will be getting these "indigenous" AWACS with planes made in America, radars made in Isreal, computers, chips and most instruments made in China and Korea and finally the most complex components aka nuts and bolts made in India. All assembled by super talented and experienced Indian engineers. This is one hell of an Indian indigenous feat. Way to goo india.

i know that missile and we are not in 100 kms SAM business yet and drdo talking about 400

K 100 is an Indo Russian missile and we have that.

For 300 KM SAM, We have building blocks of technologies and certainly we can conceive that type of missile.

K 100 is an Indo Russian missile and we have that.

For 300 KM SAM, We have building blocks of technologies and certainly we can conceive that type of missile.
Optimism is good buddy, the fact is that you will not see it any times in next 6-7 years or more.

Optimism is good buddy, the fact is that you will not see it any times in next 6-7 years or more.

It is not bad if we have such missile in 6 to 7 years. Let the PDV test carried out. It is due for a long time. Once it is done, we shall have a batter picture of India's SAM capability.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom