What's new

India's own multi caliber rifle

So INSAS dose not has a bolt lock ?

It has, In fact all long and short stroke gas operated weapons have. Weapons having blow back system like carbines dont lock their bolts to the best of my knowledge. ( This refers to operating mechanism, not the safety lock.)

don't have to do it after every time of reloading.
watch the following videos and you can see the difference
reloading in AR-15.. watch from 1:39.

for AK.. watch this video from 1:27

Yeah,I know.That was totally my mistake,somehow I totally forgot about the bolt catcher feature in the AR 15s .I beg your pardon for this.
As for MCIWS having this feature or not,well,it's hard to tell at this point,cause the bolt catcher is placed on the left side of the lower receiver, where as,all the pictures of MCIWS I've seen so far,are of its right side.
But here is a youtube video of the MCIWS,where the left side of the receiver has been shown.But unfortunately the video quality is rather poor,but still, second if you take a closer look at the forward end portion of the trigger guard,a few inches behind of the magazine cut well, at 25th second,you might be able to notice a small lever.Well,I'm not so sure but it could indeed be a bolt catcher............at least it's on the exact same position as that on the AR 15s.

Last edited:
Yeah,I know.That was totally my mistake,somehow I totally forgot about the bolt catcher feature in the AR 15s .I beg your pardon for this.
As for MCIWS having this feature or not,well,it's hard to tell at this point,cause the bolt catcher is placed on the left side of the lower receiver, where as,all the pictures of MCIWS I've seen so far,are of its right side.
But here is a youtube video of the MCIWS,where the left side of the receiver has been shown.But unfortunately the video quality is rather poor,but still, second if you take a closer look at the forward end portion of the trigger guard,a few inches behind of the magazine cut well, at 25th second,you might be able to notice a small lever.Well,I'm not so sure but it could indeed be a bolt catcher............at least it's on the exact same position as that on the AR 15s.

sasas.jpg

do you have any info on the performance of the MCIWS??
any chance of DRDO making a carbine version of MCIWS??

View attachment 239011
do you have any info on the performance of the MCIWS??
any chance of DRDO making a carbine version of MCIWS??

Sorry mate,nothing for now.But I'm sure,ARDE will make a shorter version,as they did with the INSAS (the examples being Amogh and Kalantar),given the Army clears the AR version for formal induction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom