What's new

India's DMRC to Export Metro Coaches to Australia for Queensland & Sydney Metros

Knew about this for a while, there was a controversy here because Bombardier were sourcing the rolling stock from India and not their facilities here. Good stuff though.

I thought the Delhi metro coaches were imported from Germany?

Delhi Metro coaches are from Bombardier, which is Canadian.

The initial batches were planned to be imported but the terms of contract changed to focus on indigenization. Most of them are manufactured in Gujarat in collaboration with Bombardier.

Delhi Metro coaches are from Bombardier, which is Canadian.

The initial batches were planned to be imported but the terms of contract changed to focus on indigenization. Most of them are manufactured in Gujarat in collaboration with Bombardier.

BEML also manufactures Rolling Stock for Delhi Metro in a consortium with Hyundai Rotem BEML has supplied more than 200 coaches to DMRC.

‘India emerging as hub for metro coaches’

India is emerging as a hub for manufacturing metro rail coaches, a portion of which will be exported, Bharat Salhotra, managing director of Alstom Transport India, has said.

Interacting with media persons before the unveiling of the first coach body shell of Kochi metro at Alstom’s manufacturing unit at Sri City in Chitoor district of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Salhotra said the indigenisation process of coaches had been set in motion and supply chains were being developed. “Indigenisation would not be at the cost of quality,” he said.

“Our firm is willing to provide coaches for Thiruvananthapuram and Kozhikode light metro rail projects. We can provide coaches that can negotiate gradients and sharp curves,” he said, and added that one more shift would be set up at the unit to meet the increasing demand for metro coaches. The unit can manufacture up to 250 metro coaches per year. Apart from Sri City, the firm has a unit in Coimbatore and an engineering facility in Bangalore.

The managing director of Kochi Metro Rail Limited (KMRL), Elias George, said Kochi metro was expecting to get the “fastest” delivery of coaches in India, and at the most cost effective rate.

‘India emerging as hub for metro coaches’ - The Hindu

Alstom Transport to export 50% of its production in India
Company says it will be starting exports of coaches from the SriCity facility to Australia

France-based power generation, transmission and rail infrastructure company Alstom is expecting around 50 per cent of its India production to be exported in the next three years, said Dominique Pouliquen, senior vice president ofAlstom Transport Asia-Pacific.

The company, which has its R&D centre in Bengaluru, is expecting export of coaches made locally to Australia in the near future, according to the company officials.

Pouliquen was at the Alstom Transport India manufacturing facility in SriCity in Andhra Pradesh for unveiling the car-body shells for the Kochi metro rail.

The company said it had been receiving enquiries from across the globe and some of the customers had visited the Indian facilities to understand the local standards.

He added the export markets which could be served from India include Asia Pacific, Southeast Asia, projects in Europe, West Asia and Africa.

The company officials also said they would soon begin exports of coaches from the SriCity facility to Australia.

Meanwhile Union urban development minister M Venkaiah Naidu, in his address at the unveiling ceremony said Alstom was expected to supply 132 metro cars to Australia during August 2017. The SriCity facility is supplying products to Chennai metro rail and Kochi metro rail projects.

Bharat Salhotra, managing director of Alstom Transport India, said the facility had a capacity to manufacture around 200-250 cars per annum.

"The order from Kochi is our second rolling stock contract in the country after Chennai, and reaffirms our commitment to provide localised, competitive, innovative and high value products to our customers," he said.

Alstom Transport to export 50% of its production in India | Business Standard News

i did no see anything wrong in mumbai metro coaches... how do you guys know its inferior.

i did no see anything wrong in mumbai metro coaches... how do you guys know its inferior.

They are compared to the ones in Delhi, there have been reports of the coaches not performing as good as they should.

They are compared to the ones in Delhi, there have been reports of the coaches not performing as good as they should.
may be.. from consumer point of view.. they are idential in fuction... not sure why some members posting pics and calling it piece of sh*t

may be.. from consumer point of view.. they are idential in fuction... not sure why some members posting pics and calling it piece of sh*t

Well yeah it gets you from A to B but issues of comfort, design, etc the Delhi coaches are far better and so is the ones in Bangalore I believe.

Well yeah it gets you from A to B but issues of comfort, design, etc the Delhi coaches are far better and so our the ones in Bangalore I believe.
I have been in both.. both are identical in comfort.. am no metro connoisseur.. probably missed finer details... :whistle:

I have been in both.. both are identical in comfort.. am no metro connoisseur.. probably missed finer details... :whistle:

I have not been on neither it was just a report I read, how do they compare to the London underground?

I have not been on neither it was just a report I read, how do they compare to the London underground?
london underground is extensive.. well managed.. but old and noisy..
there are some drawbacks of being pioneer, they opened first line in 1863... you need to make new technology work in existing system always.

london underground is extensive.. well managed.. but old and noisy..
there are some drawbacks of being pioneer, they opened first line in 1863... you need to make new technology work in existing system always.

Worse was yesterday I was coming back on the central line and some Chinese kids went to Wasabi and were eating on the tube, it was smelling really strong! I do not mind people having the odd chocolate or packet of crisps but eating really smelly food is not great for fellow passengers. Plus it not even allowed yet people get away with it, I hope Delhi and Mumbai metro do not allow this on theirs.

Worse was yesterday I was coming back on the central line and some Chinese kids went to Wasabi and were eating on the tube, it was smelling really strong! I do not mind people having the odd chocolate or packet of crisps but eating really smelly food is not great for fellow passengers. Plus it not even allowed yet people get away with it, I hope Delhi and Mumbai metro do not allow this on theirs.
lodon has massive number of tourist.. I dont mind people eating inside..but hate people who block left side of escalator... but then most such people are tourists.. who can be forgiven for not knowing.

LOL..... you are a shameless LIAR :lol:

First, here is the picture of Mumbai Metro Coach supplied by China. Notice anything Funny ? ....... thats right, its Rain water POURING inside the Coach during its 1st Month of operation :cheesy: .......... that is how good the "Quality" was.

247492-bri8t1fcyaiyzt3.jpg

It is literally raining INSIDE the Coach. :cheesy:

Now this is the inside of the Delhi Metro Coach that goes to the Airport. Its infinitely better.

197_ParaS_Delhi%20Metro%20-%20Inside.jpg

If you had actually been in both you would have immediately noticed the difference. The Mumbai Metro for one has MORE NOISE when its running.

Not to mention water leaking inside Mumbai metro when it rains.

Back
Top Bottom