What's new

India's deafening silence after Trump's Jerusalem shift

I think India should not use strong language to condemn but should follow the feelers from other ME countries... what are the countries we got friendly relationship doing?
if they are not condemning in strong words, there is no need show off...
however when it comes to UN voting, we should vote for palestine, this is where the whole world is headed.. this is out traditional position.. and it so happens that it is also morally stronger position..... if israel understands well and good, else they can f off....

shameful that a tiny country can have so much say in our affairs because they give us military hardware, as a buyer we should use our leverage to calm them down..

Mate, if India had a clear pro-Israel stance, believe me..there would be much less number of indians in Arabia. Remember a large number of them worked in homes i.e. private hiring so if the Arab people (not the Govt) knew that India has pro-Israeli stance as it has today, I'm pretty sure most of them won't consider an Indian despite being the best economical option. Same goes for small businesses. Also govt could put an embargo on hiring indians or just simply deny them visas.
Do you want to know the extent of cooperation between Arab countries and Israel?
When someone traveless from an Arab country to Israel, they put the exit and entry stamp on a different document, not the passport...You see, this country was one of those places that claims support for Palestine in public but the truth of the mater is money talks. More so than religion. Arab nations would rather remain in a profitable relation with Israel than cling on to some outdated conflict. So if India declares support for Israel, there might be some outcry for the cameras but nothing will ever change.

Last edited:
Why blame the Indians ?

Saudis are driving their American cars to McDonalds and like , after gorging on these junk American food they are returning home to watch some American tv show or movie !!

What American junk food do you think they gorge on (besides McDonalds)
Burger King? KFC?

And what American TV shows, movies?

What American junk food do you think they gorge on (besides McDonalds)
Burger King? KFC?

And what American TV shows, movies?
Through my experience, Arabs are not fond of junk. McDonalds in those countries cater more for the immigrants, budget travellers and labourers than the Arabs. They are fond of Arabic food and won't trade it for junk/trash food.

Do you want to know the extent of cooperation between Arab countries and Israel?
When someone I knew traveled from an Arab country to Israel, they put the exit and entry stamp on a different document, not the passport
I may have a tendency to believe you but where is the evidence?
.You see, this country was one of those places that claims support for Palestine in public
The public is the keyword. That means the vast population of that country supports Palestine regardless of what their puppet ruling shaikhs do. The Arab people won't accept that and thus some of the rulers / businessmen may have clandestine relations with Israelis, the common people don't approve that.
More so than religion. Arab nations would rather remain in a profitable relation with Israel than cling on to some outdated conflict.
I don't agree with this generalisation. Individuals and even govts may have covert relations and backdoor diplomatic channels with Israel but that does not mean Arabic people accept it, if it was so...those govts would have openly recognised Israel years ago but none of them dare do so despite being monarchies and the simple reason is the backlash from their masses.
So if India declares support for Israel, there might be some outcry for the cameras but nothing will ever change.
If India changes its policy publicly and the Arab people learn this news, a lot of indians will be heading home on the next available flight from those countries.

Sometimes i do not understand why our Leftist liberal allign with the policy where you do not get the support for your Kashmir issue from them?

Lol, whats there not to understand.

Coming to the topic , no we dont give a damn about palestine. Whats it got to offer us anyway? and neither we care about what they think of kashmir.:lol: I think in a cpl of years, India too will also recognize Jerusalem as Israel capital. Anyway, I congratulate Israeli folks on this occasion.

Sometimes i do not understand why our Leftist liberal allign with the policy where you do not get the support for your Kashmir issue from them?

It is due to the reason while the LEFT Secular Liberals are always on the side of "Humanity", as compared to the Right Wing Parties who are mostly only the side of Fanaticism and humanity means almost nothing to them.

That is why in Pakistan, the Right Wing Muslims are constantly blaming the Secular Liberals as "Traitors" of Pakistan, while we raise our voices for the Ahmadies and other minorities of Pakistan and want to have good relations with India and to get rid of the religious fanaticism and move towards a secular state.

That is why in India, the right wing Hiduvta parties are constantly calling the Indian secular liberals to be the TRAITORS of India, while they talk about the human rights of the people of Kashmir and of the minorities and don't want to have a hindu fanatic state.

That is why in Israel, it has become an ABUSE to call yourself Leftist Secular, while then you are dog of Palestines and Muslims and by raising your voice for the human rights of the Palestinians, you have become a Traitor of Israel.

poor secularism, poor liberals, poor humanity

We are damned for putting the Human life over the evil politics of the right wing fanatics.

It is due to the reason while the LEFT Secular Liberals are always on the side of "Humanity", as compared to the Right Wing Parties who are mostly only the side of Fanaticism and humanity means almost nothing to them.

That is why in Pakistan, the Right Wing Muslims are constantly blaming the Secular Liberals as "Traitors" of Pakistan, while we raise our voices for the Ahmadies and other minorities of Pakistan and want to have good relations with India and to get rid of the religious fanaticism and move towards a secular state.

That is why in India, the right wing Hiduvta parties are constantly calling the Indian secular liberals to be the TRAITORS of India, while they talk about the human rights of the people of Kashmir and of the minorities and don't want to have a hindu fanatic state.

That is why in Israel, it has become an ABUSE to call yourself Leftist Secular, while then you are dog of Palestines and Muslims and by raising your voice for the human rights of the Palestinians, you have become a Traitor of Israel.

poor secularism, poor liberals, poor humanity

We are damned for putting the Human life over the evil politics of the right wing fanatics.

Respect your thoughts and i appreciate it...You seems to be a sane guy among the bad guys like me...:p::p:I hope someday, many people will allign with your ideas..

Bangladeshis, Filipinos, Afghans, Africans can easily be economical alternatives.
There are many other countries that can easily replace indian labour in those countries.

Lets do a reality check (based on facts and statistics)

650,000 Indians send 4.2 Billion USD in remittance ($7000 per capita)
125,000 Pakistanis send 0.3 Billion USD in remittance ($2400 per capita) the same league as Bangladesh ($2200 per capita)

Indians are skilled professionals and earn twice or thrice than avg south Asian in GCC,
Filipinos, Afghans, Africans can easily be economical alternatives for Pakistani / Bangladeshi Labors

Check facts/ income data / remittance data, and you will get a clear picture

What is this nonsense?
India clearly made a statement confirming the support for two state solution which involves partition of Jerusalem.

What else should India do?
Be a hypocrite like others?

Well India is not exactly Muslim majority country. Even though i believe its a humanitarian cause.

Maybe Indian Muslims can raise their voice in personal level.

When you get paid petrodollars for all your foundations, lit-fests and kitty parties, naturally one would wag their tail in that direction.

That's left liberal self-proclaimed intellectuals.

No change in our policy on Palestine, says India

Kallol BhattacherjeeNEW DELHI 08 DECEMBER 2017 00:00 IST
UPDATED: 08 DECEMBER 2017 05:03 IS
‘It is shaped by our views and interests and not determined by any third country’

A day after U.S. President Donald Trump recognised Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, India maintained a cautious stance saying its policy on Palestine is independent and not determined by any “third country”. India’s response to Mr. Trump’s statement came even as the Palestinian Ambassador to India declared that his country is likely to host Prime Minister Narendra Modi in near future.

“India’s position on Palestine is independent and consistent. It is shaped by our views and interests and not determined by any third country,” said the official spokesperson in a statement to the media here. India has traditionally supported an independent Palestine as part of a two-state solution. The statement however did not specifically address the issue of Jerusalem as the U.S.-recognised capital of Israel.

Mr. Trump’s statement came a week after India expressed support for “independent and viable Palestine” and participated in the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people.

In a message on that occasion Mr. Modi had said, “We hope for early realisation of a sovereign, independent, united and viable Palestine.”

India’s recent official comments have mostly avoided a mention of Jerusalem.

However, Mr. Modi ahead of his July visit to Israel had indicated that India would decide on Israeli claims on the holy city after the two sides come to a consensus.

“India supports all efforts to find an acceptable solution to all the pending issues including Jerusalem. I assume the question refers to our embassy in Tel Aviv. We will take a decision on that after both sides have come to an agreement on Jerusalem,” Mr. Modi had told Israelhayom, an online publication in an interview. He however did not answer if India would shift its embassy to Jerusalem in future.

Envoy ‘satisfied’

Presenting his country’s view, Palestinian envoy to India Adnan Abu Alhaija indicated to The Hindu that he is satisfied with India’s response to Mr. Trump’s announcement and said: “India has reiterated its support to the pre-1967-war border of Palestine which obviously includes the East Jerusalem and its holy places of worship and God willing, we will soon be welcoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Palestine.”

This is good and it exposes India's anti-Muslim face and Muslim world should realise it and respond correspondingly.

Well we do have common concerns that is understood and it is not without historical evidence of why these concerns exist.

We don't have to therefore make any response.

Trump's decision is his country's decision and has nothing to do with it.

Though personally, I feel that we should also shift our embassy to Jerusalem.

The faster we move towards renewable energy, the quicker we will do the needful accordingly.

Envoy ‘satisfied’

:lol:

That sounds so wrong at so many levels. :D

Back
Top Bottom