What's new

India's 2nd air craft carrier would be, of Catobar Type.

Only I want to say, Indian ship makers and shipyard problem in not about planning. Normally, we always plan very beautiful, nice and perfect. but, what about our ship building process?? How much time needed and how much time we take?
example :-Laid down:, Launched:, commission...........................

Due to corruption all these things are happening.......all want profits

We can check below link. 3 years back, we weree discussing about Indian future navy list and where the hell we are?

ins kolkata
Laid down: September 2003
Launched: 30 March 2006
Commissioned will: 2014

NOte :- I heard that ship will delay because Barak 8 SAm, Did we not planning before?

]

delaying is common in india. but corruption is not the problem for that. the main reasons for delay is constant design or specification changes from customer,delay in material production,delay in supply pf foreign systems etc., And i dont know were you are getting these informations like barak missile production delayed warship induction. dont mistake but its utter nonsense. and can you provide any reliable link for this. there is delay in production of barak LR SAM only and we already using Barak MR SAM. And FYI INS Kolkata delay is not due to corruption or barak 8 LR SAM. it is due to design changes and delays in supply of propulsion systems from Ukraine and Russia.

I'm not buying this. Until India can build their carrier with their own subcomponents, India still haven't mastered anything. Anyone can import. Big deal. India also tends to boast and end up failing to deliver like Kaveri engine.

this is how a funny indian delusion starts```in this case, a clueless article based on zero reality :D

Yes , the ship is built by modular construction techniques and the super-structure is already built.

dsc01839721213.jpg

Thanks for the info mate. I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel sometime back and they showed construction of a USN carrier where similar technique was being used by first designing ship in number of modules before actual manufacturing and then assembling it together. this way a number of contractors can work in parallel and the manufacturing schedule is reduced significantly. Good to know similar techniques are used in India as well.

I'm not buying this. Until India can build their carrier with their own subcomponents, India still haven't mastered anything. Anyone can import. Big deal. India also tends to boast and end up failing to deliver like Kaveri engine.

Leave us alone brother, for God's sake.

Thanks for the info mate. I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel sometime back and they showed construction of a USN carrier where similar technique was being used by first designing ship in number of modules before actual manufacturing and then assembling it together. this way a number of contractors can work in parallel and the manufacturing schedule is reduced significantly. Good to know similar techniques are used in India as well.

The modular construction technique is actively being pursued by Indian shipyards .Scorpene sub being constructrd in MDL is following this technique and the proposed P15B destroyers will also be built the same way.

A 6000 tonnes INS Arihant needs 80MW PWR.

A 42k tonnes French Charles De Gaulle needs 2*150MW PWRs to keep it running.

Imagine what a 65k tonnes IAC-2 will need to Power it??

A CLEAR NO FOR NUCLEAR POWERED IAC-2.

Nimitz class carriers routinely touch 90,000 to 100,000+ Tonnes in displacement. Nuke power seems to work out just fine for them.

That's what the Russians hope for, since they want and need us to join their carrier developments, as well as a Naval Pak Fa / FGFA. However, IN is clearly looking towards USN and their CATOBAR carriers, the fact that they even hope on EMALS shows that too.

thanks for info

I'm guessing the ramp is for fighters and the catapults for larger,heavier a/c like AWACS and transports. The idea being the fighters don't require extensive re-designs to operate off CATOBAR carriers but the carrier can still launch heavier fixed-wing a/c like AWACS and transports.

Seems to impractical IMHO and the fighters using STOBAR brings about the same old drawbacks of this method of take-off ie having to fly either really light on fuel or compromising on the weapons load.

thanks for explanation

We will sink ur delusion with a 65000 tonne answer

in another 75 years probably,

first fix your foreign made boilers and home assembly AC and then you can try to dream about that

We know how to build AC, so someone who dont now how to build AC should first understand the AC

really``do you`? lol

guess after 5 years we will find out who is delusional`

Nimitz class carriers routinely touch 90,000 to 100,000+ Tonnes in displacement. Nuke power seems to work out just fine for them.

I am not saying that nuke power will work or not, I am saying that we had serious issues while making only the 80MW PWR of INS Arihant & integrating it to the sub, we will get serious tech. challenges if we go for bigger ones & want to integrate it to the IAC-2.

IAC-2 should remain conventionally powered, IAC-3 can be made a nuclear powered one though.

They say they will, any construction started on their front, don't think so. Its not as easy as it seems, dunno about the dual 83MW RWRs though, its been done before in subs, maybe it could be done here, they are certainly miniature enough to fit in snugly.

USS Enterprise has 8 reactors and USS Nimitz has two reactors

so housing more than 1 reactors in AC is not impossible, but will be tricky

No matter what you think we'll still have a carrier unlike China, & no matter how much ur superiority complex shatters we are still acquiring knowledge at a faster rate, so keep your excitement in ur pants and go troll on a hate India thread where people will at least think u have some mental faculties rather than none.
as for Kaveri

this is how a funny indian delusion starts```in this case, a clueless article based on zero reality :D

this is how trolling starts, in this case like every other case, an idiotic rant based on nothing but brain farts and denial.

in another 75 years probably,

first fix your foreign made boilers and home assembly AC and then you can try to dream about that

5 years really....

And why not trying building one before complaining about something you don't even have

really``do you`? lol

guess after 5 years we will find out who is delusional`

of course you will, but like every other thread that has a successful Indian endeavor we won't see you there, so u r welcome to troll today.

Sorry to say but I am not so sure about the connection between Nuclear powered Carrier and Blue water Navy. In my humble opinion the support ships are crucial for a CBG.

A US nuclear powered Aircraft Carrier carries enough emergency supply of fuel to support fleet operations for up to 30 days of high speed run much longer for less taxing endevours. In addition, nuclear power is used to desalinate water for drinking and sanitation and can support the emergency needs of the entire carrier battle group.

delaying is common in india. but corruption is not the problem for that. the main reasons for delay is constant design or specification changes from customer,delay in material production,delay in supply pf foreign systems etc., And i dont know were you are getting these informations like barak missile production delayed warship induction. dont mistake but its utter nonsense. and can you provide any reliable link for this. there is delay in production of barak LR SAM only and we already using Barak MR SAM. And FYI INS Kolkata delay is not due to corruption or barak 8 LR SAM. it is due to design changes and delays in supply of propulsion systems from Ukraine and Russia.

I don't have any open source info on this, but two naval officers on BR forums have said that the CURRENT delays are due to delays in getting the Barak-8. Note that B8 is not ready yet, and without it the Kolkata class destroyers cannot be completed.

Earlier its construction WAS delayed due to Ukraine defaulting on the propulsion system, which we then bought from Russia. Then there were delays in getting high grade steel from Russia. We managed to get both these, and construction is now held up due to the non-arrival of Barak-8. There were some opinions that we should go ahead with an older Russian system, and use B8 on the project P-15B.

If you have any sources which say that any delays occured due to design changes, please provide them.

Back
Top Bottom