What's new

Indians accounted for around 75% suicides in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't want to be taller, stronger, faster, richer, smarter, and overall, better than you are now?

You don't want to live in a nation with 8x the internet connectivity, 5x GDP per capita, 2x electrification rate, better public transportation, less violence and less misery than the one you live in now?

And moreover 50 cent for every troll post.. :lol:

Indians and Africans have 2 things in common: never take responsibility for their own actions, and love taking and paying bribes.

Remember, only the top elite 7% of India can post here, the rest are censored by their regime. Everyone that posts here is part of the bribe taking class in India.

Suicide Ruling in China Official’s Death Draws Ridicule

Suspicions about the death of a government official in a rural Chinese county have only grown since local authorities ruled the death a suicide.

While Chinese government officials are no strangers to suicide, several details surrounding the death of Xie Yexin, an anti-corruption official working in Gong’an County in central China’s Hubei Province make it seem rather unlikely that he took his own life.

For one, Mr. Xie, who was found dead in his office on Saturday, appears to have been stabbed. Eleven times.

Police in the Hubei city of Jingzhou came to the conclusion that he had committed suicide after a “meticulous investigation” involving multiple departments, the Beijing News reported Tuesday, citing a statement posted on the Gong’an County website.

Mr. Xie, wounded in the chest, neck, abdomen and both wrists, died from the rupture of a major vein near the heart, the newspaper quoted a Jingzhou public security official as saying.

The Gong’an County website was inaccessible Wednesday afternoon. A woman in the county propaganda office who would not give her name confirmed Wednesday that Mr. Xie’s death had been ruled a suicide and that authorities had found 11 wounds on his body, but would not answer any further questions on the case.

“We think he committed suicide. It is not a criminal case and we have no obligation to investigate,” Wang Jianping, a vice director of the Gong’an Security Bureau, was quoted as saying in a report on the English website of the Global Times.

Police found a knife (wrapped in tissue paper) on the floor of Mr. Xie’s office that matched the description of a knife missing from his home, the Global Times said, citing the Gong’an County statement.

Mr. Xie’s family members have refused to accept the verdict, arguing in interviews with various newspapers that he was in a good mood the day of his death and had no obvious reason to end his life. They’ve also questioned why someone who was going to stab himself to death would find it necessary to wrap the knife in tissue paper, or to cut himself so many times.

“If it was a suicide, why would there be such a long cut on his neck and also a wound on his wrist?” one unidentified family member was quoted by the Beijing Post as asking.

Mr. Xie had previously been part of a corruption investigation involving Gong’an County’s deputy Party secretary but was taken off the case a month before his death, the Global Times said.

The suicide verdict — the No. 3 topic on Chinese search engine Baidu Wednesday — was widely mocked online. Among the thousands of comments about the news on the Net Ease news portal, almost none appeared to take the verdict at face value.

“Very harmonious,” commented one Net Ease reader from Liaoning Province, while another reader from Guangdong Province wrote: “If this counts as suicide, there’s going to be a lot of ‘suicides’ in the future.”

Users of popular Twitter-like microblogging service Sina Weibo were likewise disbelieving.

“What kind of suicide is this? Has to be a Guinness record,” remarked a user writing under the name Sanfu Liangchao.

“If what the family members say is true, then [the authorities] are spouting nonsense while averting their eyes,” wrote Querytown. “After this, who will be willing to do anti-corruption work?”

Suicide Ruling in China Official’s Death Draws Ridicule - China Real Time Report - WSJ

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

287,000 commit suicide in China each year

BEIJING, Sept. 8 (Xinhua) -- About 287,000 people commit suicide each year in China, accounting for 3.6 percent of the country's annual deaths, according to official statistics.

Seventy-five percent of suicide cases occur in rural areas, three times the number of suicides committed in cities, according to statistics posted on the website of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

"China's suicide rate reflects a trend that is different from other countries," said an article posted on the website.

Females are about 25 percent more likely to commit suicide than males in China, while in developed countries, male suicide rates are three times higher than female suicide rates, according to the article.

A joint survey conducted by the Chinese CDC and the Beijing-based Huilongguan Hospital ranks suicide as China's fifth leading cause of death overall and the leading cause of death for people between the ages of 15 and 34.

About two million Chinese citizens attempt suicide each year, a figure which has increased by 60 percent over the past 50 years, according to the CDC.

The high-profile suicides of government officials and business tycoons have aroused public attention in recent years. At least eight government officials at various levels succeeded in committing suicide last year.

One of this year's most prominent cases was the death of Zhang Haizhong, director of Hanshan District of the city of Handan in north China's Hebei Province. Zhang was found dead in his office on July 10; his death was investigated and ruled as a suicide.

287,000 commit suicide in China each year

Last edited by a moderator:
If I got 50 cents, I'd outsource the work to Indians for 25 cents and reap the profit. 25 cents is big money in India, 4 posts per day would lift your entire country out of poverty.

So you get less then 50 cent, very bad.

:eek: wtf is going in china .......they claim us indian are poor and hungry but we still struggle for life....

And this chinese who claim to be on rise of luxurious life and committing suicides....

Somethings doesn't add up ..........i guess we have to thanks 50 cent army for this:hitwall:

ontopic:-

In dubai this ppl are treated like slaves , made to live in pathetic condition ,, but they have to put up with this to support their family back home in india ......

Hope this ppl come back to their country safe and sound...:)

Damn it! thread spoiled by 1 senior troll and 1 premium troll.

High suicide rate alarming
Wednesday January 4 2012
By RAJ CHADHA
During my recent visit to India I came across some interesting news, which has been in my mind ever since. For the Indian media it was not that important - they printed it in some corner in the inside pages, to fill some empty space, while the electronic media did not bother to report it at all.
I am talking about the high suicide rate among India's central forces that guard its border and look after its internal security. This rate is also very high among India's farmers, who feed the country.

Of the two, news about suicides on India's farms have been doing the rounds for some time new, but what I found surprising is that it is also very high in the security forces.

Media reports note that every 30 minutes, a farmer commits suicide in India.

Following is, further, the number of suicides by security forces: 38 suicides in CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force - like our own RCMP in Canada); 36 suicides in BSF (Border Security Force); 11 in SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal - Armed Border Force); 10 in CISS (Central Industrial Security Force); 8 in Assam Rifles; 4 in ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police); and 2 suicides in NSG (National Security Guard).

The above figures are for the first 10 months of 2011 (so the number would likely have grown by year-end) from a combined personnel strength of less than 500,000. The figure does not include the personnel from the regular Army, Air Force and Navy; it also does not include the numbers from fratricide, or family murders.

Further, more than 8,500 personnel opted for VRS (Voluntary Retirement Scheme) because they were unable to cope with the workplace environment, and persuaded themselves to opt for VRS rather than commit suicide.

The question that arises is whether it is the Government of India that is to blame, or whether it is the pressure from the new economic revolution in India.

Whatever be the cause, I myself feel it is the human mind that decides to take the fatal step of taking one's own life, perhaps due to depression. But why?

In the Hindu religion, life is defined as a roller-coaster ride with many ups and downs. It is up to the individual mind to take the pressure - though, like in the ride, one has to buckle up and face it with pleasure, in positive spirit.

It is easy to say that life is a reality. But many times one gets the feeling of being helpless. The situation gets beyond the individual's control. This is the time when one's inner self guides one to control the individual's mind. As in the Bhagwat Gita Lord Krishna told Arjun: "Do your duty (Karma) to the best of your ability and leave the rest to Destiny which will follow you automatically."

I always remember that when one's favourite door shuts down, Destiny opens another door for you. And I always believe that whatever happens your way, might also happen for the best for you. So why must one take one's life?

Thoughts generate action, which create reaction. When one concludes that he or she has no purpose to live, that defeatist thought generates the reaction for suicide.

That, I believe, is the job environment in the Indian security forces, or of the farmers' poor conditions, which lead to such high suicide rates. There is meanwhile no meaningful or sympathetic guidance from the Defence authorities, when defending the country overrides the security personnel's personal welfare. And in similar fashion, there is no direct or indirect social/family support to farmers.

Every individual wants happiness. The secret of happiness is that one must first accept that happiness is a journey and not a destination. To be happy one must appreciate the beauty of life. Appreciate the present and live for today only.

Life is not perfect. There is grief and sadness all around. But the mind has to accept the fact that life's ups and downs must not crush the soul, or being in a helpless situation should not hold up our 'Karma'.

These are my views. But in respect of the security personnel who took their lives, had the Government of India/Defence Department acted rightfully and empathetically, these souls, who volunteered for their country, would have been saved.

But the politicians and bureaucrats couldn't care less. There is no debate in Parliament, no comment in media. Their own concern is mafia-style corruption and materialistic happiness for themselves.

South Asian Focus - The Voice of Brampton's South Asian Community

Life is the most prestigious thing known to man kind, it must take a lot to push one over the edge.

If I got 50 cents, I'd outsource the work to Indians for 25 cents and reap the profit. 25 cents is big money in India, 4 posts per day would lift your entire country out of poverty.

Yup but u r gov won't do it coz they don't want billion bloggers to post those two word

"FREE TIBET":taz:

thats because asians account for 85% of dubai's population - so statistically speaking there is no problem.

Indians account for 85% of Dubai's population? Way to use misinformation to sweep the problem under the rug.

You don't want to be taller, stronger, faster, richer, smarter, and overall, better than you are now?

You don't want to live in a nation with 8x the internet connectivity, 5x GDP per capita, 2x electrification rate, better public transportation, less violence and less misery than the one you live in now?

Are you sure about the 2x electricification?? Way too low. China builds power plants at 10x rate of India. Also Indian uptime av:smokin:ailability is way less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom