What's new

Indian TV Channels Banned in Pakistan

Great News..

At last our Homes will be protected from Such a Stupid Crap in form of Soups ..

Cable operators in Pakistan have to black out airing all Indian channels as the Supreme Court of Pakistan on Information and Broadcasting has recommended a ban on all Indian channels being telecast by the cable operators across the country.

Supreme Court of Pakistan also called for ban on all screening of Bollywood Films on TV and also in theatres. This ban was made on 25th August 2010 by Banch of members of Supreme Court of Pakistan and was headed by honesty Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mr. Justice Iftikhar Mohammed Chaudhry.
Indian TV Channels Banned in Pakistan

Pakistan Electronic Media and Regularity Authority (PEMRA) now have closed and banned all indian TV channels in Pakistan officially. Message on these Channels looks like this when an official of HaroBaro.com tunned the indian channels on TV was :
” As per Order of Supereme Court of Pakistan on 25th August 2010 to Pemra all Indian TV Channels are banned.”

bravo, ths supreme court is from pakistanis!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hehehe .. Some people are soo afraid of being influenced by tv serials ... :D

It shouldn't have much impact on the business for Indian channels as they are made for people in India and also the advertising is directed at Indian consumers :)

Bollywood should be banned in Pakistan ... lolz ... :rofl: They have their own movie industry .... I am expecting them to make better movies with people wearing dresses according to code of conduct :rofl::rofl:

Any proper link for this? Pretty sure they are open.

No they are not open. They are banned on all cable networks at least in Lahore... It's not about Indian Channels it's about illegal broadcasting of channels on cable networks.. Even some pakistani channels were also off for sometime...

why are Indian Channels popular in Pakistan in the first place? does Pakistan not have good quality TV programs?

Most my Indian colleagues (males) dont like these crappy dramas either.

For sure there is a big no no from males there for these fake dramas

You are abs right.

No serial is ever seen on TV at my place - ever.

Arre.. these small screen stars even have an award ceremony for themselves like the ' others" .Its a big industry churned out from the Film City in NOIDA.

why are Indian Channels popular in Pakistan in the first place? does Pakistan not have good quality TV programs?

Way back I used to watch some wonderful play from Pak TV. Dhoop Kinare & Dehleez are somenames that come to mind now.

Also some entertaining programmes whose names I cannot recall but the Guy used to start the programme by saying " Dekhti ankhon Sunte Kano ko ____ ka salam phunche"..

Wonder what its like now.

so sad now Pakistan women has to see there husband face

they will cry without tv serials

from now on Pakistan will be showing only madrassa channels and serials which depict values of Islam.

No more cartoons as they are entertaining. :P

Back
Top Bottom