What's new

Indian TATA won the tender of 8,000 buses for Karachi city

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the cars manufactured in pak?

I think suzuki and Hyundai is manifactured in Pak not sure of honda or toyota may be some pak friends put some light on this.

Surprise to seee the list . Indian market was closed till 1995 for foriegn car(execpt suzuki which came in 1984). Till 1995 we had only fiat and ambassdor . We don't really know wat is honda,toyota,nissan,hyundai etc . But pakistan has been open since her indepence than also India has more foriegn car manufacturer and models than pakistan.

I think suzuki and Hyundai is manifactured in Pak not sure of honda or toyota may be some pak friends put some light on this.

There is no manufacturing plant of Hyundai in Pakistan. I am not sure about Suzuki. Hyundai manufacture it's now very popular i10 and i20 only in India at it's manufacturing hub at chennai. Santro too is manufactured in India.

Surprise to seee the list . Indian market was closed till 1995 for foriegn car(execpt suzuki which came in 1984). Till 1995 we had only fiat and ambassdor . We don't really know wat is honda,toyota,nissan,hyundai etc . But pakistan has been open since her indepence than also India has more foriegn car manufacturer and models than pakistan.

Correction

Maruti Suzuki Began Production in 1983........

Timeline of Indian automobile industry:

1897 First Person to own a car in India - Mr Foster of M/s Crompton Greaves Company, Mumbai
1901 First Indian to own a car in India - Jamsetji Tata
1905 First Woman to drive a car in India - Mrs. Suzanne RD Tata
1905 Fiat Motors
1911 First Taxi in India
1924 Formation of traffic police
1928 Chevrolet Motors
1942 Hindustan Motors
1944 Premier Auto Limited
1945 Tata Motors
1947 Mahindra Motors
1948 Ashok Motors
1948 Standard Motors
1974 Sipani Motors
1981 Maruti Suzuki
1994 Rover Motors
1994 Mercedes Benz
1994 Opel
1995 Ford Motors
1995 Honda SIEL
1995 Reva Electric Car Company
1995 Daewoo Motors
1996 Hyundai Motor Company
1997 Toyota Kirloskar Motors
1997 Fiat Motors (Re-Entry)
1998 San Motors
1998 Mitsubishi Motors
2001 Škoda Auto
2003 Chevrolet
2005 BMW
2007 Audi
2009 Land rover and jaguar

Automobile industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nissan too entering india this year with a damn sexy model.....i forgot the model....damn it!

Correction

Maruti Suzuki Began Production in 1983........

Timeline of Indian automobile industry:

1897 First Person to own a car in India - Mr Foster of M/s Crompton Greaves Company, Mumbai
1901 First Indian to own a car in India - Jamsetji Tata
1905 First Woman to drive a car in India - Mrs. Suzanne RD Tata
1905 Fiat Motors
1911 First Taxi in India
1924 Formation of traffic police
1928 Chevrolet Motors
1942 Hindustan Motors
1944 Premier Auto Limited
1945 Tata Motors
1947 Mahindra Motors
1948 Ashok Motors
1948 Standard Motors
1974 Sipani Motors
1981 Maruti Suzuki
1994 Rover Motors
1994 Mercedes Benz
1994 Opel
1995 Ford Motors
1995 Honda SIEL
1995 Reva Electric Car Company
1995 Daewoo Motors
1996 Hyundai Motor Company
1997 Toyota Kirloskar Motors
1997 Fiat Motors (Re-Entry)
1998 San Motors
1998 Mitsubishi Motors
2001 Škoda Auto
2003 Chevrolet
2005 BMW
2007 Audi
2009 Land rover and jaguar

Automobile industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanx for update:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Nissan too entering india this year with a damn sexy model.....i forgot the model....damn it!

nissan is already in india for last 5 years. they got 2 models.

1= X-trail( jeep)
2= luxury car forgot the name hehehee

Are These Cars Manufactured in Pakistan or from which country they are imported.

Yes - I believe all of those cars are manufactured/assembled in Pakistan.

The local content varies though. The government has been pursuing a program to get local auto vendors up to par and supply increasingly more components, but I think that with the smaller size of the industry and other issues, that 'auto parts deletion' program has sort of stagnated at about 40% for the higher end cars (Civic, corrola etc.) and has gone up to 70-80% for the smaller lower end models.

There was an improving trend under Musharraf as car sales skyrocketed, but that will probably be arrested with the current economic slowdown and power and material input bottlenecks.

This is a somewhat dated article (2001) on local auto manufacturing and deletion levels - the numbers have improved somewhat since then, and I'll try and find more recent figures:

Deletion Programme

Pakistan automobile sector is producing / assembling 800cc, 1000cc, 1300cc and 1600 cc cars, Pickup, Trucks, Buses, Jeeps, HI-ACE, Mini Buses/Coaches, Motorcycles, and Tractors, while there is no hope in current scenario to produce a 100 per cent Pakistani car.

Deletion Programme is going very slow which is badly affecting our local automobile industry. The government should strictly implement this program so that transfer of technology can take place. Apart from Karachi, there is need to hold fairs and exhibition at national and international level. There should be permanent exhibition centres in Lahore, Islamabad, Faisalabad and Gujrannwala.

The Industry specific deletion programme for Motorcycles and Tractors has been prepared during the year 1998-99 and Central Board of Revenue (CBR) has been asked for its implementation accordingly. The deletion policy has attracted investment in many joint ventures and any technical collaboration for local manufacturing in the country. The varying degree of deletion achievement with technology in tractors 82%, trucks 58%, motorcycles 72% and other motor vehicles 64%.

Automobile Industry In Pakistan | Economic Review | Find Articles at BNET

nissan is already in india for last 5 years. they got 2 models.

1= X-trail( jeep)
2= luxury car forgot the name hehehee

MODELS OF NISSAN MOTORS CARS

MODEL TYPE
Nissan X-Trail
Comfort SUV
Elegance

Nissan Teana Premium

AWAITED MODEL OF NISSAN CARS

MODEL TYPE

Nissan GT-R Premium
Nissan Livina SUV
Nissan Infiniti G35 Mid Size Car

For petrol It was PKR 57/litre, i dont know if they have increased prices!

Dont know!

Petrol is cheaper in Pakistan compared to India by about 50%!!!

The perfect solution to India-Pak trade. India exports buses to Pakistan, Pakistan exports petrol to India.

This is a somewhat dated article (2001) on local auto manufacturing and deletion levels - the numbers have improved somewhat since then, and I'll try and find more recent figures:

What Pakistan needs is not local manufacturing, but a larger market. Either Pakistan has to find a larger market or it has to have a much larger middle class.

Pakistan has pretty good ports, so it could potentially manufacture for exports. But now with Sri Lankan peace and established manufacturing bases in South India (again ports in Madras), that may be getting more difficult. I think that in the near future, we'll be seeing at least one Lanka-made car being exported into India-Pakistan. They are lucky to have access to a really big market due to trade access to all South Asian/East Asian countries.

The biggest case of Pakistan missing the bus would have been in the late 80's/ early 90's. If Pakistan had managed to export cars into India (when India had no car industry to speak of), it would have set itself up as the manufacturing hub for South Asia.Once it had set itself up, it would have had volume advantages and blocked other manufacturers from ever starting up. Now it looks like Sri Lanka has a chance to do that.

The easiest would be if Pakistan could make cars and ship to Afghanistan/Iran. But Iran already has pretty strong car industry. Another possibility is to make car for ex-soviet union. They already import most of their cars from Europe.

Petrol is cheaper in Pakistan compared to India by about 50%!!!

The perfect solution to India-Pak trade. India exports buses to Pakistan, Pakistan exports petrol to India.

How??????????? pertrol cost some 40 odd rupees in India?

How??????????? pertrol cost some 40 odd rupees in India?

About Rs 49 in Tamilnadu . That works out to Pakistani Rs 83. That's about 50% more than what it costs in Pakistan.

My comment earlier was not fully serious though. Pakistan does have shipping advantages, but I don't think the 50% advantage is fully due to that. It ought to be mostly due to tax/subsidy differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom