What's new

Indian Special Forces

not really, with SF/Marcos things are different, their is no rivalries. Maroc was chosen because of their look.

their is talk to combine all SF into one command direct under PM for strategic operations
SOCOM wouldn't be directly under the PMO (that is more or less what Special Group are for) but would exist as a distinct branch of the military (like SFC or ANC). The provisions for the SOCOM already exist, all that is waiting is the clearance from the MoD. God knows why the process is being stalled now.

not really, with SF/Marcos things are different, their is no rivalries. Maroc was chosen because of their look.

their is talk to combine all SF into one command direct under PM for strategic operations
There Rivalries Mate it Present Even in US SF and SEAL & Marines everywhere

Secondly there is No Single Entity call SOMCOM in India Right Now

Because you are shameless to cross post the same video everywhere. Let me cross post my reply.

"I don't get the point of posting a 2 year old video now? That too shot by Mujahidden? Don't you have shame to take credit of terrorist acts? lol

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/ready-fo...-force-ready-to-respond.452808/#ixzz4Lrxd2K2c

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Good Day to you and your bright mind!

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/ready-fo...-force-ready-to-respond.452808/#ixzz4LrxjY5PT "

NSG don't use the AK.
Okay

PrLmI0N.jpg

Quite a few of these AK-63Ds were acquired by India during the 80s.

EDIT : Never mind those are regular AKMS only, not AK-63Ds.

Last edited:
Members of the SPG's Counter Assualt Team (CAT) pictured as the PM departs from a helipad in Calicut, Kerela:

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco2_1280.png

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco4_1280.png

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco5_1280.png

tumblr_oee58rJdZ81tjfjuco7_1280.png

They are dismounting from their vehicle(s) in the PM's motorcade and moving to a support helo prior to the departure of the PM's helo.

@saumyasupratik bro seems like you have good knowledge about AK series weapons. Can you tell me if there are any rare variants in service with our armed forces. I am very bad at identifying AKs but i have very good collection of pictures.
@Abingdonboy bro NSG doesn't use AKs now but in past they used them and for training purpose. BTW nice SPG pictures.
Bro Garuds when they come together for drill they always look like this. Some are posted in naxal hit areas too for protection of choppers and also they work with COBRAs. This is first time i can see UCP patten with GARUDs.

Last edited:
14440869_1200148760063177_806683248359602122_n.jpg

The Garuds Commando Force.

Here is the latest pic of India's one of the most elite and highly advanced commando force. Indian Air Force Garuds spotted at the ALG Shillong during Vajra Air Fest held at HQ Eastern Air Command yesterday.

What's with the different camo and different shoes? Can't they have one camo pattern? There are at least 3 different ones here. One woodland (of xtreme left ), brit desert camo (second from left), Two Garuds in the front using grey digicamo.

14440869_1200148760063177_806683248359602122_n.jpg

The Garuds Commando Force.

Here is the latest pic of India's one of the most elite and highly advanced commando force. Indian Air Force Garuds spotted at the ALG Shillong during Vajra Air Fest held at HQ Eastern Air Command yesterday.

What's with the different camo and different shoes? Can't they have one camo pattern? There are at least 3 different ones here. One woodland (of xtreme left ), brit desert camo (second from left), Two Garuds in the front using grey digicamo.
Brother whenever there is an Air Show all the Garuds come from their respective duty areas. Some of them are posted in desert areas means (Desert MARPAT And their new standard digi camo) some of them for airport security (Mostly Old standard and current standard Camo of IA along with UCP )some of them posted in Naxal hit areas along with CRPF COBRAS (Jungle MARPAT) and (Old Standard camo of Garuds). Some are posted in NE so they have suitable camos according to terrain.
1397507_1411189599113989_1140797353_o.jpg

This is the picture taken by me on 30 Nov 2013 During Air Show At Sonegaon Airbase, Nagpur. And the first question i asked them was about different camos. They gave me the same answer. So when they come together for Air Show/Fest they wear camo accordingly.

Thank you for the very detailed answer and I appreciate your taking time to answer. Thank you Bhai !!!

Brother whenever there is an Air Show all the Garuds come from their respective duty areas. Some of them are posted in desert areas means (Desert MARPAT And their new standard digi camo) some of them for airport security (Mostly Old standard and current standard Camo of IA along with UCP )some of them posted in Naxal hit areas along with CRPF COBRAS (Jungle MARPAT) and (Old Standard camo of Garuds). Some are posted in NE so they have suitable camos according to terrain.
View attachment 340179
This is the picture taken by me on 30 Nov 2013 During Air Show At Sonegaon Airbase, Nagpur. And the first question i asked them was about different camos. They gave me the same answer. So when they come together for Air Show/Fest they wear camo accordingly.

Lol. Still look at condition of their nation. Terrorists everywhere. No one can judge any sf in the world. What is imp that are they keeping their nation safe. Ranking especially in military dont have any importance. After all a war can judge all the capabilities of a force. And plzz dont post these things on this thread. Stick to INDIAN SF bro. Coz things like this starts more arguments.
View attachment 224327 View attachment 224328 View attachment 224331 View attachment 224333
Indian Army Paratroopers

51293063-this-picture-taken-10-september-2004-shows-an-gettyimages.jpg

Para commando at CIJWs old pic
apology for quoting an old post but these looks awesome.
is there any full video from where these gifs were taken?
edit=nevermind,found the video from your another post.

Back
Top Bottom