What's new

Indian Special Forces

Didn't know the Bolded part. Thanks for that web.
But my question is still there. Is that Micro Tavor ???
N

I don't believe it is, just there is white camo on the barrel which throws you a bit. Looks like standard issue TAR-21.

I dont think you ll have to delete these. They were other pictures put up in Maj Mohit's site, i copied them, those were definitely sensitive, but this is alrite i guess.

Yeah, that's right- intially Major Mohit's website had a number of pictures showing him and his unit on ops which clearly is not on (in a public space) so the family must have been instructed by the IA to take them down but the ones where he is on his own are not really that sensitive IMHO as his identity is known and, unfortunately, he has passed on.

This is sort of censorship wrt to Indian SOFs is happening more and more. There was a video I posted last year here that was of IN VBSS teams being trained by MARCOs but it was removed not long after being posted. On YT I PMed the guy who had originally posted the vid and he told me he had deleted it after receiving an official email from the MoD saying he was violating the law and that he should immediately take down the vid of face very serious repercussions. Same thing has happened to a number of my freinds and family who posted pics on FB of themselves in their uniforms (not on deployment just in their uniform). I am told though that this used to be a real issue in early days when FB was getting big in India in the early days but recently all military personal are warned by their seniors and it is official policy which they all know.

Yeah, that's right- intially Major Mohit's website had a number of pictures showing him and his unit on ops which clearly is not on (in a public space) so the family must have been instructed by the IA to take them down but the ones where he is on his own are not really that sensitive IMHO as his identity is known and, unfortunately, he has passed on.

This is sort of censorship wrt to Indian SOFs is happening more and more. There was a video I posted last year here that was of IN VBSS teams being trained by MARCOs but it was removed not long after being posted. On YT I PMed the guy who had originally posted the vid and he told me he had deleted it after receiving an official email from the MoD saying he was violating the law and that he should immediately take down the vid of face very serious repercussions. Same thing has happened to a number of my freinds and family who posted pics on FB of themselves in their uniforms (not on deployment just in their uniform). I am told though that this used to be a real issue in early days when FB was getting big in India in the early days but recently all military personal are warned by their seniors and it is official policy which they all know.

You are 100% right.My friend in the Navy was very cautious of sharing anything.He didnt even tell me about SPB and their standard rifle same goes for my relatives who already dont share anything even when face to face :lol:

The thing is that the security agencies are really scrutinising everything on the net.I think whatever we post here also gets scrutinised and the Navy friend of mine even went on to the extent of saying that even if he shares somethings he will land up in big trouble and we already know how secretive they are.

Anyways this video of Major Mohit Sharma is really special.I really love this song..Anyone knows who the singer is and what is the track name?

Pictures of Major Mohit Sharma - YouTube

You are 100% right.My friend in the Navy was very cautious of sharing anything.He didnt even tell me about SPB and their standard rifle same goes for my relatives who already dont share anything even when face to face :lol:

The thing is that the security agencies are really scrutinising everything on the net.I think whatever we post here also gets scrutinised and the Navy friend of mine even went on to the extent of saying that even if he shares somethings he will land up in big trouble and we already know how secretive they are.

Anyways this video of Major Mohit Sharma is really special.I really love this song..Anyone knows who the singer is and what is the track name?

Pictures of Major Mohit Sharma - YouTube

Guns N' Roses- "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Awesome video, very touching.

SRnxd.jpg

3hBVY.jpg

6yXWQ.jpg

THSMl.jpg

1D7Gu.jpg

I guess they are MARCOS. Or i might be wrong they might be VBSS too. These pics are from INS Sahyahdri i guess.

And also can someone ID the thingy in the first pic near the barrel. It looks like UBGL release lever.

SRnxd.jpg

And also can someone ID the thingy in the first pic near the barrel. It looks like UBGL release lever.

AFAIK that is an iron sight to aim the UBGL (if I am looking at the same thing you are)

+ they are SBP not MARCOs AFAIK.

Is this a special training i mean they all are firing from left hand ????

In Indian Army even the regular soldiers have to fire from left hand as this skill is very useful specially in an urban situation..and these are SF of the IAF so you can expect them to know a lot more tricks than this.

Is this a special training i mean they all are firing from left hand ????

Nothing special, they (along with pretty much every infantryman in IA) have to be able to fire from either hand and in multiple positions ie standing, crouching, prone position etc

179173_10150996376078071_1374056424_n.jpg

For those who didnt know..Presidents body guards are trained Paratroopers some belonging to the Special forces and this unit is equipped with BTR 60.It is the highest unit in terms of seniority in the IA.

179173_10150996376078071_1374056424_n.jpg

For those who didnt know..Presidents body guards are trained Paratroopers belonging to the Special forces and this unit is equipped with BTR 60.It is the highest unit in terms of seniority in the IA.

IIRC PBG are pathfinders and hence trained in airborne ops but are not SFs (the badge may be superficial or they have undertaken SF training but are not "true" SFs) and not used in this way anyways.

+ This is Col. T. S. Mundi, current CO of the regiment- no SF badges for him so it may be restricted to a handful men who have undertaken SF training, just like the "RANGER" tab in US (not exactly the same I know).

Col_T_S_Mundi.JPG

Little anecdote- when the PBG was called Governor General’s Body guards (GGBG), because of the personality & appearance of the men, popular acronym of GGBG was:
‘God’s Gift to Beautiful Girls’.

IIRC PBG are pathfinders and hence trained in airborne ops but are not SFs (the badge may be superficial or they have undertaken SF training but are not "true" SFs) and not used in this way anyways.

+ This is Col. T. S. Mundi, current CO of the regiment- no SF badges for him so it may be restricted to a handful men who have undertaken SF training, just like the "RANGER" tab in US (not exactly the same I know).

Col_T_S_Mundi.JPG

Little anecdote- when the PBG was called Governor General’s Body guards (GGBG), because of the personality & appearance of the men, popular acronym of GGBG was:
‘God’s Gift to Beautiful Girls’.

All are not SF..Its silly to say that they are a SF unit..I was saying that some of them are SF trained.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom