What's new

Indian Special Forces

There is no disagreeing to what you said but my question was more specific on your view about the free hand given by the current government to IA ?

Its got less to do with free hand. The problem was that under the previous dispensation, the mantra was 'calibrated response' and 'proportionate response'. The problem occurred in implementation phase, wherein the local commanders hesitated over what 'calibrated response' and 'proportionate response' meant. Majority decided not to take a risk. However, at no time did any Indian government muzzle the army's response on LC. Directives were clear - respond. But it was limited to like calibre of provocation.

With the present dispensation, it has become 'overwhelming response'. This allows the freedom to upgrade the response. However, the army still gives a calibrated response, as an over aggressive response in a sector may invite retaliation in a sector where we may be at a disadvantage in terms of topography/alignment/tactical location.

Its sad post 2012 we havent had even 1 documentary on Indian Special Forces.
Intentionally I would think. There was a period (2011-12) where there was perhaps too much coverage of the SFs.

I think the concept of Phantom commandos is bullshit.
They certainly aren't what many think they are. The notion of an "elite of the elite" doesn't make sense in the NSG's force structure/mandate.

What they have is 20 to 25 commandos in 2 or 3 groups.Each group has a color code identified by the helmets.
The colours are to do with the roles (assaulter, sniper, K9, EOD, support etc) bro.

Good to see these guys drilling all over the place, I just wish they could lose the SRG altogether and have their budget increased 4-5 fold to include their own air wing and a greater support infrastructure (it is already pretty decent but it needs to be ramped up a bit).

Looking around the world, it is a case of when and not if the savages come back to hit India and the NSG is surely going to be at the forefront of the assualt and thus they need to be as well equipped and prepared as India can afford to make them.

More fool on any politican that fails to appreciate how fortunate India has been thus far but really I expect India is living on borrowed time and when the attack(s) come they will be brutal and horrific.

The first thing offloaded by the SPG from the PM's helo:

tumblr_ob4yuju6eR1tjfjuco3_540.png

tumblr_ob4yuju6eR1tjfjuco2_1280.png

tumblr_ob4yuju6eR1tjfjuco1_1280.png

My favourite part of the video bro:

tumblr_ob6u50TyUj1tjfjuco1_1280.png

vhbrtiiNtkyoudungoofed.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:
its not my video so i wondered about that too but i dont understand what so special about this?many countries releases such videos.
why hide such amazing video from public?its good for confidence building in public about our special forces.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom