Guessing from the IAF roundel in the backround, they must be Garuds:
Can somebody ID the sniper rifle?
Air_Force_personal_2337431g.jpg

Air_Force_commodor_2337433g.jpg

Yup those are Garuds alright, sporting their new camo and everything.

+t hat's the Galil bro.

SPG took two of their 7 Series for the PM's trip to Maurtiaus:

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco7_1280.png

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco6_1280.png

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco5_1280.png

They also took a CAT along with them:

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco3_540.png

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco2_540.png

tumblr_nl3rkg2CXW1tjfjuco1_540.png

(first time I have seen the SPG's CAT on a foreign tour with a PM)

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR, bro may be you won't agree with me but i will say garuds are better equipped than other two SF(i don't know about current inventory of marcos but garuds are surly better equipped than para SF)

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR, bro may be you won't agree with me but i will say garuds are better equipped than other two SF(i don't know about current inventory of marcos but garuds are surly better equipped than para SF)

Their uniform and kit is but other equipment are not..Para SF has mini uavs and portable radars.
Practically speakig all three SOFs possess around the same level of kit ie pretty decent, not exactly world class but a huge improvement from a few years back. Now the SOFs need another major upgrade to bring them inl ine with leading SOF units of the Western world.

The major difference being the PARA (SF) are more often than not pictured on live operations looking more "rough" and the Garuds are more often than not pictured posing for cameras, at public exhibitions and interaxting with the public where, OF COURSE, their kit is pristine and they are properly "squared away". The few pictures you see of Garuds deployed in live ops (Op Greenhunt) they aren't looking as "Gucci".

Well the Garuds are the biggest show offs among our SF.. thats for sure
Very show offey............

To be fair they are obviosuly there looking to recruit so "showing off" is the name of the game (in that context). One thing is for sure they aren't short of Gucci kit!

It's not like we can complain though, we would bemoan the situation had they still be equipped with INSAS and AKs, it's good to see they are well equipped!

Some days back Ex-COAS Bikram Singh visited our campus to give a speech and he had these two SPG/Secret Service styled two security details with earpiece and suits on. It's nice to see that we are modernizing quite fast in these matters.

Some days back Ex-COAS Bikram Singh visited our campus to give a speech and he had these two SPG/Secret Service styled two security details with earpiece and suits on. It's nice to see that we are modernizing quite fast in these matters.
Must be Para SF.

Back
Top Bottom