What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

Maybe it would still weigh under 4 tonnes - Its meant to be n experimental satellite.

Looks so, with less number of transponder for a 6 tonner

And so many number of experimental equipments ..

ISRO to Launch 25th Communication Satellite Today | idrw.org

11921965_1656737177882971_3423701546868900782_o.jpg

Payload of GSLV MK III to LEO is 8,000 KGs.

I hope with 4 Booster the figure goes beyoond 10,500 KG.

@MilSpec @sancho @XiNiX @Dillinger @Capt.Popeye

GSLV-D6 / GSAT-6 Update: Propellant filling operation of L40 Strap On Stages is completed by 06:00hr IST. Countdown is progressing normally.

GSLV-D6 / GSAT-6 Update: Preparations for propellant filling of cryo stage are under progress

GSLV MK II is getting to be reliable. Great job ISRO

The next Big thing will be GSLV Mk III.

Its payload to LEO is 8,000 KG while that to GTO is 4000 KG.

The same figures for Mk II are 2000 to 2500 KG and 5000 KG and its possible that Mk III can put more than 10,500 KG paylaod in LEO with 4 boosters.

Source- Official Website of ISRO

@sancho @Capt.Popeye @XiNiX

You state that, in referance to our Manned Mission ?

My guess is if 4 boosters are used, LVM3 can put more than 10,500 KG Payload into LEO.

14gsat-6-satellite-being-prepared-various-tests-clean-room.jpg

gsat1.jpg

15solar-panel-deployment-test-under-progress.jpg

16gsat-6-seen-with-two-halves-of-payload-faring-of-gslv-d6.jpg

GSAT 6 communications satellite
21gslv-d6-launch-pad.jpg

slider.jpg

4.jpg

sb20594xe847.jpg

GSLV-D6 A Success

Sorry, but cant get enough of this. For anyone that saw the failure from 2010(remember all the people that made fun, where are they now:lol:), know how good these two successes from Mark 2, with it's home made cryo engine feel. And this is just to a fanboy like me, can't imagine what the scientist and anyone actually involved in the program must be feeling after working so hard!

It needs some more runs to be a true workhorse, but it's still inspiring.

Last edited:
14gsat-6-satellite-being-prepared-various-tests-clean-room.jpg

gsat1.jpg

15solar-panel-deployment-test-under-progress.jpg

16gsat-6-seen-with-two-halves-of-payload-faring-of-gslv-d6.jpg

GSAT 6 communications satellite
21gslv-d6-launch-pad.jpg

slider.jpg

4.jpg

sb20594xe847.jpg

GSLV-D6 A Success

Sorry, but cant get enough of this. For anyone that saw the failure from 2010(remember all the people that made fun, where are they now:lol:), know how good these two successes from Mark 2, with it's home made cryo engine feel. And this is just to a fanboy like me, can't imagine what the scientist and anyone actually involved in the program must be feeling after working so hard!

It needs some more runs to be a true workhorse, but it's still inspiring.

Indeed................

Same thoughts here :tup:

Back
Top Bottom