What's new

Indian Soccer Team

I have a question to my Indian friends. Why do India play in blue when that colour is not even in their national flag? is it to be neutral to all religions? or does it have some symbolic meaning? cuz its the same with the cricket team. Something i have always wondered about.

Have You Seen The Blue Chakra(Wheel)on the Indian Flag?? It Stands for all the states and religions In India... and We have adopted that Color For All Our Sporting Jerseys....

I have a question to my Indian friends. Why do India play in blue when that colour is not even in their national flag? is it to be neutral to all religions? or does it have some symbolic meaning? cuz its the same with the cricket team. Something i have always wondered about.

There is no sure explanation, but the Ashoka Chakra in our flag is blue in color. And the reason for that is that the original flag adopted by the Indian National Congress in 1931 had the three stripes as we have today with a charkha (cotton spinning machine) in the center which was blue in color. Now that may have been so for secularism, but again not sure.

It Stands for all the states and religions In India... and We have adopted that Color For All Our Sporting Jerseys....

I think the 24 spokes stand for the cycle of 24 hours in a day.

I think the 24 spokes stand for the cycle of 24 hours in a day.

It Stands for Not only that, But at the time of Indipendance we only Had 24 states, and 24 Official languages, Then The Minorities.... Everything Stands in that chakra....

Good IA sir. We Indians really love football but it is still widely neglected by the govt. No proper initiatives from root level. We are spending so much on CWG or talking about Olympic but 95% of the Indians don't bother about them.

Football is a real craze in West Bengal and the North east.....every one from FIFA chief Sepp Blatter... to Oliver Kahn in his farewell match with Bayern and Maradona himself has visited Kolkata......unfortunately even though they are pleased at the fanfare and enthusiasm for the game...... all they really have to say is that our existing facilities are utterly outdated......while watching a match between....Mohun Bagan ( skippered by Alvito de Cunha) and East Bengal ( by Baichung).....Sepp Blatter supposedly remarked...." Mohan Bagan has existed from the 19th century....and its infrastructure is also from that century...."

sad to see the state of football in our country when we have players brimming with talent from J& K , Goa , Kerala , Manipur, Bengal like places......

India need to change every inch existing in present administration..... the people in fedaration are amateurs....the national legue is semi professional, infrastructures in clubs are pathetic. It is a shame old clubs like East Bengal, Mohun Bagan do not have their own grounds. Their make-shift stadiums in Kolkata maidan belongs to Army and they have to share it with Hockey fedaration during hockey session.

John Abraham (with Baichung Bhutia), Reliance and an European company has proposed separately to start professional legue in the country. I hope they will allow clubs with necessary infrastucture (Home ground , gym & other facilities, three junior teams starting from nursery team along with senior team should be made mandatory. Get rid of old clubs like EB, MB...establish new entities like IPL.

Government need to take initiative to bring up talents speacially from the states like J&K (we need more players with Mehrajuddin's physic :)) and north east.

Last but not least...negotiate with FIFA...get the current federation wound up...establish a new with professionals and Baichung Bhutia as CEO...

India drops 22 places to 160th in FIFA rankings - The Times of India

India drops 22 places to 160th in FIFA rankings

:D no need to panic.......India has not played any official match in last 5-6 months as the team is preparing hard upcoming Asia Cup. India is the only team in Ssouth Asia to reach the final round . Anyway I do not have much expectation seeing Australia (24) and South Korea (44) in India's group. Other team in the group Bahrin too is a formidable opponent (FIFA ranking 75).

India should play more mathches with Asian (especially ASEAN) to maintain good ranking. Ssurprisingly Indonesia, Vietnam etc are much ahead of India in FIFA ranking simply because of their exposure to International football. Few years back when India was invited in LG cup , both Vietnam and Indonesia were defeated by l-3 and 0-3 respectively and India won LG Cup. But Thailand in my opinion is a better team.

India drops 22 places to 160th in FIFA rankings - The Times of India

India drops 22 places to 160th in FIFA rankings

:D no need to panic.......India has not played any official match in last 5-6 months as the team is preparing hard upcoming Asia Cup. India is the only team in Ssouth Asia to reach the final round . Anyway I do not have much expectation seeing Australia (24) and South Korea (44) in India's group. Other team in the group Bahrin too is a formidable opponent (FIFA ranking 75).

India should play more mathches with Asian (especially ASEAN) to maintain good ranking. Ssurprisingly Indonesia, Vietnam etc are much ahead of India in FIFA ranking simply because of their exposure to International football. Few years back when India was invited in LG cup , both Vietnam and Indonesia were defeated by l-3 and 0-3 respectively and India won LG Cup. But Thailand in my opinion is a better team.

Sir the FIFA system is flawed ......lower ranked teams like India....never get enough international matches to shore up their ranking points.....one loss against a team like S.Arabia or Iran and we set back by so many points....imho the current Indian team is much better than the bolded teams......

I do not know exact procedure but definitely a defeat against a lower rank team cost more than a defeat against top ranked team. Similarly if you defeat a team ranked higher than you, you will earn more points. But these matches must be official matches. India should play more against South Asian and ASEAN teams to maintain a good ranking. In these two regions only Thailand is stronger than India in my opinion.

Ranking of the country is very important. You may know Sunil Chetry did not get the permit to play in British Club Coventry City becouse India is not within top 70 in FIFA ranking.

Keep an eye on this boy- he is going to be a sensation soon

Rabin Singh , Ex- TFA boy now in East Bengal

Robin_Singh_East_Bengal_Player_injury.jpg

This pair is the best of India...

Sunil-Chhetri-4.jpg

As well as goalkeeper... Subrata Pal

07Subrata.jpg

I think you have not seen Indian flag. Its in the "Chakra" the wheel.

india_flag.gif

Back
Top Bottom