What's new

Indian Saras Plane Program

Governments have no business getting involves in civilian airline development programs. Its no different than getting involved in manufacturing tvs or diapers or automobiles and we all know how that ends. Both Indian and Indonesian programs will be failures. State owned white elephants cannot match the ingenuity, perseverance and efficiency of private sector. Boeing, Airbus, Embraer etc got where they are over a hundred years, some Indian private company will have to start pretty much from scratch building 2 seater planes until they get better and better, will take no less than 50 years even if they start now.

Transfer all designs of this craft to Tata/Reliance/Adani, ask them to create a SPV with Embraer/Airbus etc and then it has a chance.
Keep your liberal view within your own country whether Canada or India.

Indonesia SOE assets is more than half of Indonesian total GDP and they are making profit. Even in industry like fertilizer they are making huge profit .

The most needed professionalism in a business I think is in the banking sector and we have seen Western private own Banks collapse recently and there is one with big name ( Credit Suise) in fragile situation while in contrast Indonesian banking system is dominated by SOE banks and AlhamduliLLAH all of them has huge profit with one of them, Bank BRI gets the highest profit among all Banks in Indonesia last year.

Indonesia SOE wins many tender as well in infrastructure market as they are also dominating infrastructure development in Indonesia. For India I know that for infrastructure the country relies on Adani.

If you are talking about N219, it is already gets Type Certificate and has entered real market. They are already preparing for mass producing the planes, Indonesian Army wants 10 N219 planes. The acquisition has already been approved by our Finance Minister.

Aerospace industry is a very competitive market as we can see many private owned Western Aeropace get bangkrupt as well or sell their business, even Embraer that you mention also has profitability issue.

N219 plane development cost is also not that large, we will see what will happen in the future but at least as what I said earlier, the plane has already had customer who wants to buy the plane.

Talking about profitable SOE in technology sector we also can see a good example from ST Engineering belonging to Singapore gov.

Indian Saras Mark II first prototype production will be started in 2024. So I would assume the roll out of first prototype will be somewhere in 2026. It usually needs around 2 years for any aerospace company to build their first developed plane prototype. First maiden flight is expected in 2027 or 2028. I expect the type certificate will be taken in 2030 or 2031 if anything goes on plan.

I dont know how many prototypes they are going to build for the plane development.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom