What's new

INDIAN ROAD SAFETY

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi I was just watching this show IRT: Deadliest roads where hardcore Alaskan truckers drive trucks through the Himalays.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Whilst watching it a number of questions came up which I would appreciate if anyone could answer:

1) we have all seen pics of fancy NEW roads but is much being done to upgrade EXISTING infrastructure with basics like GUARDRAILS on FREEFALL drop-offs??

road1.jpg

2) in regards to driving standards, given India has some of the highest road deaths in the world is much being done to impart better training to drivers AND/OR POLICE? + what are the current standards to pass a test if anyone does at all??
3) is the situation getting better on the ground?? Is there a feeling standards are improving? And police are getting better?? Does anyone have any news of solutions being implemented or suggested??

My Friend, I do watch this episod every time. A chick from Can & few cowboys from USA try this. Intresting Huh? every day 1000 brown skin pass through that with no complaining, and those 3 white skins ***** a lot? comon my dear is 1 white skin life is = 1000 brown skin? i live in China for last 3 yrs. and traveled to Islamabad & bangalore a lot.Its all come bqack to survival & showing off. relax, white trash from NA got to grow up, & face the reality. Guess China is no diffrent than India & Pakistan

Hi I was just watching this show IRT: Deadliest roads where hardcore Alaskan truckers drive trucks through the Himalays.

1) we have all seen pics of fancy NEW roads but is much being done to upgrade EXISTING infrastructure with basics like GUARDRAILS on FREEFALL drop-offs??

2) in regards to driving standards, India has some of the highest road deaths in the world is much being done to impart better training to drivers AND/OR POLICE? + what are the current standards to pass a test if anyone does at all??
3) is the situation getting better on the ground?? Is there a feeling standards are improving? And police are getting better?? Does anyone have any news of solutions being implemented or suggested??

1. Road conditions in many cities are not always good i.e they are created by granting contracts and those contractors try to maximise their profits and do not rely in quality. Not all roads in India are very strong and need to be made again after some time. (Roads in Delhi-Mumbai and some other metropoliton cities are generally well built)
2. There is no training, test is a joke and not everyone gives it to get a license. There is a written test and then practical but many people get driving license by corruption.
3. No situation is not getting much better in terms of driving style of Indians, its still zig-zag unorganized one. Every drivers tends to put his vehicle in every spot they can find on road either left or right. In terms of roads its quite better than used to be 10yrs back but not perfect everywhere.

Start these threads in members club. India defence is not an appropriate section for such discussions.
Mods please move this thread to members club.

Back
Top Bottom