What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

No no, lets say I just can't stomach going to temple, cannot rationally reconcile myself with the Ramayan and can't live without my weekly steak? What then?

I'am against temples ,didn't go there since years,its about the way of walking towards betterness that upanishads like katha say .

I'am just talking about hindu civilization ,culture and its propagation like Chinese do :|

I'am against temples ,didn't go there since years,its about the way of walking towards betterness that upanishads like katha say .

All that is well and fine but what of me..here I am a whiskey swilling beef eater...so what is to become of me within the scope of the Hindu identity?

And there in lies the rub..so am I any less an Indian..any more likely than the average Hindu to conspire with the enemies of the state or act against its interests?

Anyone who lives in india and acknowledge its culture is a hindu for me,whether he acknowledge or not

I'm just in favor in propagation ,rather than moral policing .

Anyone who lives in india and acknowledge its culture is a hindu for me,whether he acknowledge or not

I'm just in favor in propagation ,rather than moral policing .

And what does acknowledging its culture imply? What is India's culture?

And what does acknowledging its culture imply? What is India's culture?
Acknowledging means accepting that this is our culture .........what else ?:o:
our values ..........our way of life .......our ancestors ..........is there something else ..........didn't the same think i told you some post back :D

Acknowledging means accepting that this is our culture .........what else ?:o:
our values ..........our way of life .......our ancestors ..........is there something else ..........didn't i told you some post back :D

And if I do not accept parts of said culture?

Please someone post the snapshot of chart in the article.

NDA to fall just 36 short of majority: survey | Business Standard

No alliance will get majority in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections but NDA would come closest to the majority 272 mark, the ABP News-Nielsen survey has predicted.

The NDA is likely to bag 236 seats, merely 36 short of 272, while the Congress may struggle to reach 73 seats. The poll says the BJP on its own will notch up an unprecedented 217 seats, giving it a very realistic chance of forming the next government.

The Congress, even along with its allies in the UPA is unlikely to cross 100 seats, it says. The survey claims the Aam Aadmi Party would get a modest 10 seats but the real surprise could be the regional parties with 186 seats.

The opinion poll findings released today claim BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is the most preferred choice as the next PM. It says 57 percent of the nearly 30,000 respondents it interviewed across 129 constituencies favoured Modi, 17 percent Rahul Gandhi and merely three percent felt Arvind Kejriwal should be the next PM.

The survey found that 46 percent of its 30,000 respondents across 129 constituencies felt price rise was the biggest problem affecting the common man, 34 percent said it was corruption and 18 percent thought unemployment to be the most vexing problem.

The BJP’s highest ever was 189 seats in 1999. That election was also the Congress’ worst showing ever with 114 seats. The poll said NDA has gained 10 seats since ABP News-Nielsen’s last survey in January. It has predicted 88 of the 151 seats to the NDA in north India with BJP getting 80 of these. The NDA will get 88 seats in west India with BJP getting 79 seats. It has forecasted 20 seats for the BJP in south India and 30 seats in east India.

That's what I as a Hindu atheist would call irresponsible atheism, an utter lack of regard for anything remotely connected to faith.

Hey I would love all of India to magically adopt atheism/agnosticism, until then I'd rather India not have sharia law etc.

Anyway, Subramanian Swamy replied to my tweet, I feel like a effing hero :P

And Arun Jaitly to mine , few hours back.

ABP News–Nielsen Opinion Poll: Modi favourite as PM, Rahul gains ground, Kejriwal maintains presence in Delhi

New Delhi: Results of the current ABP News – Nielsen nationwide opinion poll have revealed that Narendra Modi is the most favoured candidate for Prime Minister, with almost 57 per cent of the respondents being in its favour. The ratings are slightly up when compared to the survey held in January 2014, which had 53% of the respondents favouring Modi.

On the other hand, Rahul Gandhi seems to have gained some ground as 18% of the respondents have favoured him this time, while previously he had been backed by only 15% of the respondents.

The previous survey had been conducted between 28th of December 2013 to 12th of January 2014 while this survey was conducted between 4th of February to 15th of February 2014, and over 29000 people across the country were interviewed.

A closer look at the results reveals that Narendra Modi has been rated as the most favoured Prime Minister in almost all the states, except for Kerala, where Rahul Gandhi has been rated the favourite

This result is in keeping with almost all the previous opinion polls which have shown that so far BJP’s PM candidate has so far failed to impress south India.

Top takers for Modi:

The top five states which rated the BJP PM candidate as their favourite are Gujarat (78%), Haryana (75%), Jharkhand (74%), Chhattisgarh (73%) and Bihar (72%). In all these states it is Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi who came in second after Narendra Modi.

Deviating trends:

States where different trends have been spotted are Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Delhi.

In Kerala Rahul Gandhi has been voted the most favoured PM candidate with 38%. He is followed by Narendra Modi at 32%.

Deviating from the trend, respondents in Tamil Nadu have favoured Jayalalitha (24%) after Modi (38%). Rahul Gandhi falls to the third here at 17%.

Delhi is the only state where the Aam Aadmi Party’s presence can be seen with 33% of the respondents have favoured Arvind Kejriwal, right after Modi at 44%. Here too Rahul Gandhi is on the third position at 18%. But if the results are compared to the January survey then Rahul Gandhi has actually gained ground, while both Modi and Kejriwal have lost some supporters. In January Rahul Gandhi had failed to find any takers while Narendra Modi and Arvind Kejriwal had 49% and 41% backers respectively.

It should be noted here that as Arvind Kejriwal resigned on 14th of January and this survey was conducted only till 15th, the effects of the current upheavals in Delhi cannot be read into it.

Pressing issues:

Price rise, inflation and corruption turned out to be the largest issue affecting people all over the country.

46% of the respondents said that inflation and price are issues that affect them most on a daily basis.

It was closely followed by corruption at 34%.

Both inflation and corruption have been rated almost at par with each other, all over the county, as the issues that affect people the most. The only difference is Karnataka where 43% of the respondents found it to be more pressing than inflation (39%).

ABP News–Nielsen Opinion Poll: Modi favourite as PM, Rahul gains ground, Kejriwal maintains presence in Delhi -

Latest News India, World, Cricket, Politics, Business and Entertainment - ABP News formerly Star News<

@Nair saab how come a clown is favourite in Gods own country?:o:

But then you never did answer said question...if I do not accept said culture in whole or in part am I still an Indian?

If you don't accept that your father was your father (with due respect to your father) ,what can i do ?:(

ABP News–Nielsen Opinion Poll: Modi favourite as PM, Rahul gains ground, Kejriwal maintains presence in Delhi

@Nair saab how come a clown is favourite in Gods own country?:o:

As u accepting that Rahul gaining ground.

You have to understand that its just the beginning and after 2 months you will see the sea of a difference.

Not to forget that all the over hyped prediction of BJP's seats are based on the calculation congress without any alliance.

Be it Seemandhra, Telangana, Bihar or UP.

They are calculated congress with any alliance like TRS, BSP, RJD, LJP etc. etc. If one add that you will see the huge difference of over 50-60 seats. :agree:

BJP will loose 50-60 seats and congress + allies will gain 50-60 seats.
:woot::woot:

If you don't accept that your father was your father (with due respect to your father) ,what can i do ?:(

But the question is that who are you to judge and decide on people??

As per the constitution of India one is free to follow its religion, culture or traditions and there is no role of anyone to dictate and decide what one do or doesn't.

Live and let other live as they wish.

Back
Top Bottom