What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

It will be interesting to know the view of Congress Supporter on this.

New York: On a complaint by a Sikh group, a US federal court has issued summons against Congress party president Sonia Gandhi for shielding party officials allegedly involved in inciting attacks on Sikhs in November 1984, an attorney said.

In a class action suit filed Tuesday before the district court of Eastern District of New York, "Sikhs For Justice" (SFJ), a US-based human rights group, and other victims of the November 1984 anti-Sikh violence have sought compensatory and punitive damages against Gandhi.

According to SFJ attorney Gurpatwant S Pannun, under federal rules, it has 120 days to serve the summons and complaint on Gandhi who is currently visiting the US for medical check-up.

The suit under Alien Tort Claims Act (ATCA) and Torture Victim Protection Act (TVPA) accuses Gandhi of shielding and protecting Kamal Nath, Sajjan Kumar, Jagdish Tytler and other Congress party leaders from being prosecuted for their alleged role in the 1984 violence.

The 27-page complaint against Gandhi alleges that between Nov 1 and 4, 1984 about 30,000 members of the Sikh community "were intentionally tortured, raped and murdered by groups that were incited, organised, controlled and armed" by the ruling Congress party.

1984 anti-Sikh riots: US court summons Sonia Gandhi

Suddenly congress-I pests have started loving cunning western missionaries who have been sole inspiration of America's crusade against Muslim world, having corporate target of harvesting Hindu soles in millions.

BJP was there first, well before congress.

Strip Amartya Sen of Bharat Ratna, says Chandan Mitra

BJP Rajya Sabha MP and proprietor-editor-in-chief of The Pioneer newspaper Chandan Mitra has demanded that Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen be stripped of his Bharat Ratna.

The renowned economist had said in a recent interview that he would not like to see Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the country’s Prime Minister. This riled Mr. Mitra, who tweeted: “Is Sen even a voter in India? Next NDA government must strip him of Bharat Ratna.” He went on to tell ‘Dr. Sen,’ “Don’t peddle your unsolicited comments on India. We know you as an economist who sells Congress line for a living.”

This sparked several reactions on Mr. Mitra’s timeline, with people questioning if the BJP was now against freedom of expression. The MP, however, stuck to his line, adding, “Those who are upset with my suggestion about Dr. Sen and Bharat Ratna, can you show me examples of others who do party politics after getting BR?” He went on to say that the award was a jewel of the country, and ‘Sen shouldn’t join the Congress poll team.’

Dr.Sen, while releasing a book, An Uncertain Glory, spoke of the deprivations that persisted in India despite growth rates, and the need to focus on education and health indicators. He also said he did not want as PM a person (Mr. Modi) who made minorities feel insecure, and had a ‘terrible record.’ Dr. Sen was given the Bharat Ratna by the Vajpayee-led NDA government in 1999.

Lol.. justification from a Congressi. Try & see the difference between two statements. Lata Mangeshkar did not say she doesn't want to see anyone as PM. All she said she likes to see Modi as PM... unlike this clown, who's contribution to India is peanuts compared to that of Lata Mangeshkar.

Suddenly congress-I pests have started loving cunning western missionaries who have been sole inspiration of America's crusade against Muslim world, having corporate target of harvesting Hindu soles in millions.

You see congress and their sycophants are people of no value and principle. Who so ever is in support of their ambition are good for them irrespictive of the fact that he or she is anti national, Criminal or a thief. Who does opposite to that is their enemy. Let it be Anna or Ramdev or any other crusader against corruption against black money.

Lol.. justification from a Congressi. Try & see the difference between two statements. Lata Mangeshkar did not say she doesn't want to see anyone as PM. All she said she likes to see Modi as PM... unlike this clown, who's contribution to India is peanuts compared to that of Lata Mangeshkar.

Doesn't matter....does it?? I have every right to say whom i want to be the PM of India and similarly every right to say whom i don't want to take the top post....I am all for Modi but ain't we all opposing congress like anything??

Both the folks who asked for taking back the medals acted insanely...Chandan later apologized(i believe)..let's see how long this moron will take before biting the dust...Let's call spade a spade guys!!

You're comparing a nobel prize winner with a bollywood singer...

Sycophancy make people blind. The singer (Not Bollywood singer. correct your facts) is a highly respected celebrity in India. 100 times respected and loved by Indian than a third rate economist who do not know how to talk.

That post was not for you

Doesn't matter....does it?? I have every right to say whom i want to be the PM of India and similarly every right to say whom i don't want to take the top post....I am all for Modi but ain't we all opposing congress like anything??

Both the folks who asked for taking back the medals acted insanely...Chandan later apologized(i believe)..let's see how long this moron will take before biting the dust...Let's call spade a spade guys!!

It does... It's one thing me & you having an opinion & displaying the same in an anonymous forum. But it's a different thing for a public figure to blatantly repel someone who has enormous public support.

Having said that...I don't agree with the notion that both should be stripped off their awards. Nothing but lose talk... 
You're comparing a nobel prize winner with a bollywood singer...

Not many (including myself) have heard about Amartya Sen before that Nobel thing happened to him. Can you say the same about Lata Mangeshkar?

It does... It's one thing me & you having an opinion & displaying the same in an anonymous forum. But it's a different thing for a public figure to blatantly repel someone who has enormous public support.

Having said that...I don't agree with the notion that both should be stripped off their awards. Nothing but lose talk... 

Not many (including myself) have heard about Amartya Sen before that Nobel thing happened to him. Can you say the same about Lata Mangeshkar?

It's not the world's problem that you are stupid and ignorant...:enjoy: I can say a lot more people know about Asaram Bapu than Lata Mangeshkar today. Using your logic....

It's not the world's problem that you are stupid and ignorant...:enjoy: I can say a lot more people know about Asaram Bapu than Lata Mangeshkar today. Using your logic....

Wow... watch your fucking tone you prick. Would you like me to mete out the kind treatment you are used to by other posters here?

Wow... watch your fucking tone you prick. Would you like me to mete out the kind treatment you are used to by other posters here?

Go ahead dick...and who are these 'other posters' send them down too. You're a MORON. 
Se man, When you took Latajis name casually like Bolywood singer, it heart me.

She isn't exactly a classical singer. SHe has sung mostly bollywood songs.

Desperate Congress-I supporters will now do factitious comparison of Lata Mangeshkar with others; to belittle her for Sonia Gandhi's party !

The Nobel laureate said he doesn't want Modi to be PM. The poodle was spewing venom on a platform without knowing that it is not her highness Sonia Gandhi to decide but people of this nation. The brown English Sahib was suffering from negativity serving his masters but Lata Mangeshkar was simply giving her best wishes to a person who meet her and honored her during an inauguration function of a good cause.

Both the comments of that brown English sahib and Lata Mangeshkar shows difference between a propagandist and well wisher.

Back
Top Bottom