What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Chottepur is contesting from Gurdaspur......fight is between him and Sitting Akali MLA....very close to call.

Congress is broken here and nominated a new guy....grandson of a ex-Akali MLA from Gurdaspur ....

People dont even know who is contesting from AAP ticket.......

I think He is also contesting from Patiala ...his home ground. ....moreover there are rumors floating around that Sidhu will contest against Sukhbir badal

so how is congress doing?? they caught up to aap yet?

I am afraid new entrants might end up dividing the anti incumbency votes and will help Akalis but lets see what happens.

It would be wise if Captain fights from Patiala. Lol I feel sorry for Sidhu, he wanted all but he just might end up with nothing at all.
I think its PK's idea to field captain from Lambi like his experiment with modi in Varanasi in 2014. According to his strategy deploying a dynamic leader in particular seat will automatically help other candidates in adjoining seats of that area. AAP is weak in majha & doaba but is strong in malwa so congress wants to exploit captain's magnetism to counter AAP & Badals in malwa.

I think He is also contesting from Patiala ...his home ground. ....moreover there are rumors floating around that Sidhu will contest against Sukhbir badal
IMO Sidhu do not have enough guts to fight from Jalalabad against sukhbir. According to Punjabi Tribune Congress is also evaluating to deploy Amrinder Singh Raja Warring or Ravneet Bittu against Sukhbir Badal.

I am afraid new entrants might end up dividing the anti incumbency votes and will help Akalis but lets see what happens.

It would be wise if Captain fights from Patiala. Lol I feel sorry for Sidhu, he wanted all but he just might end up with nothing at all.

I have the feeling Sidhu will end up like Narayan Rane. Na ghar ka na ghat ka.
He had problems with Akali when in BJP.
He has problems with Captain when in Congress.

Congress will never give him upper hand at expense of Captain or other local loyal leaders.
He will end up becoming redundant.

Two headlines that expose the editorial bias of Indian Express
180725d442ad4738949a9efb00058db1

ByOpIndia Staff
Posted on January 11, 2017

After midnight of Tuesday, Indian Express on Twitter sent out two tweets within a span of 11 minutes. Here are those two in order they appeared on users’ timeline:

Follow
The Indian Express

✔@IndianExpress

Uttar Pradesh election: Despite Supreme Court order, BJP to hold meets in Dalit areas | http://indianexpress.com/elections/uttar-pradesh-assembly-elections-2017/uttar-pradesh-election-despite-supreme-court-order-bjp-to-hold-meets-in-dalit-areas-4468647/ …pic.twitter.com/TsCYN96BmZ

1:34 AM - 11 Jan 2017

Follow
The Indian Express

✔@IndianExpress

2017 Assembly polls: Congres invokes Rohith Vemula after touring Dalit villages | http://indianexpress.com/elections/uttar-pradesh-assembly-elections-2017/2017-assembly-polls-congres-invokes-rohith-vemula-after-touring-dalit-villages-4468650/ …pic.twitter.com/DaGGNzEKVq

1:45 AM - 11 Jan 2017

The articles can also be seen on the “elections” page of The Indian Express, published in quick succession:

How Indian Express treats BJP and Congress for the same activity

For the uninitiated, the Supreme Court of India on 2nd January 2017 had barred political parties from canvassing votes on the basis of caste or religion. Consequently, the Election Commission had said that they will implement the orders of the apex court.

Now here are two political parties – Congress and the BJP – holding special rallies for Dalits in Uttar Pradesh to canvass votes in the upcoming assembly elections that will be held in February and March.

Both the parties are trying to woo voters on caste lines, targeting the same caste group, for the same assembly elections. If this is in contravention of the Supreme Court order, both the parties are guilty.

However, The Indian Express thought it necessary to mention about the SC order only while reporting about the BJP rallies. The Congress rally was reported as a matter of fact, with no editorial comments in the headline. In fact, with a helpful mention of Rohith Vemula.

What should the reader conclude? That when Congress targets a specific caste group, it’s deemed ethical and legal by the Indian Express but when BJP does the same, they feel the saffron party is violating orders of the highest court of India?

Does it not betray the editorial bias of The Indian Express?

It is a shameful fall for a newspaper that had once stood in the forefront when fighting Emergency imposed by the Congress. Late Ramnath Goenka will not be amused by these double standards adopted by the newspaper he founded.

In the recent years, Indian Express has often been accused of being biased towards the Congress party. While Anna’s movement was at peak, the newspaper, then under the editorial leadership of Shekhar Gupta, had published a series of articles attacking members of Team Anna. As a result, Arvind Kejriwal recently attacked Shekhar Gupta as ‘dalaal’ of Congress.

This double standard in reporting was first spotted by Twitter user Neha Srivastava. Although the tweets still exist and so do the articles listed in the archive page (as in the image above), when one clicks on the report about Congress, one is redirected to an altogether different article.

Did they just realise that their bias was way too brazen and removed the article on Congress?

Bhai, post links of the articles, it rewards the original content provider with link building. :)

http://www.opindia.com/2017/01/two-headlines-that-expose-the-editorial-bias-of-indian-express/

Is it a confirmed news? Where is she going, Republic? :D

Is it a confirmed news? Where is she going, Republic? :D
She has quit. But wont even get a chai wallah position in Republic

On September 21, Amit Gupta, chief operating officer of Jupiter Capital, through which Chandrasekhar owns media investments, emailed editorial heads. He wrote that all editorial talent to be hired should be “right of center in his / her editorial tonality”, “Pro-India, Pro-Military”, “aligned to Chairman’s ideology” (chairman being Chandrasekhar) and “well familiarised” with the chairman’s thoughts on “nationalism and governance”. The email ended: “Offers being rolled out shall be summarised and shared with Chairman’s office as regards the credentials (only) and hiring managers have to ensure that the above has been ticked appropriately.” Gupta, however, requested the email be “ignored” the next day.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...r-investor-director-in-arnab-goswami-channel/

I think its PK's idea to field captain from Lambi like his experiment with modi in Varanasi in 2014. According to his strategy deploying a dynamic leader in particular seat will automatically help other candidates in adjoining seats of that area. AAP is weak in majha & doaba but is strong in malwa so congress wants to exploit captain's magnetism to counter AAP & Badals in malwa.

IMO Sidhu do not have enough guts to fight from Jalalabad against sukhbir. According to Punjabi Tribune Congress is also evaluating to deploy Amrinder Singh Raja Warring or Ravneet Bittu against Sukhbir Badal.

Ravneet Bittu is up in Jalalabad..........saw the news today.

Sidhu is from Amritsar west.

I really hope Chottepur opens an account in the election otherwise idiot durgesh will have his way unchecked everywhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom