What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

India better be a Muslim country within coming decades - Modi

A very important ruling under the current circumstances.

Modiyans coupled with right wingers just got diminished.

Child marriages - India is a haven for tender pussycat

tem33.png

child-marriage.jpg

A very important ruling under the current circumstances.

Voicing against Bad Governance and Corruption is the right of Political Parties, individual(s) etc. & Every sane individual will/should appreciate such ruling.

For ex: If a newspaper criticise Schemes of Particular Government. The Reporters, editors are sacked from the Job. Those buffons should practice what they preach, but for them - everything is modi's fault. :)

A section of the media is doing the government's bidding by diverting attention from the government's poor handling of terrorism and public unrest in Kashmir, by diverting focus on "pseudo-liberals".

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2016/07/29/time-for-india-to-tell-the-tv-studio-you-are-not-the-nation/

These are too many from Mahtma Gandhi's Nation.

One In Every Four 'Beggars' In India Is Muslim: Report

Meat Shops On Kanwar Yatra Route In Ghaziabad Ordered To Stay Closed

Times Now Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami opened a can of worms yesterday. He did not name anyone, but he made his target clear. He was on the aggressive, attacking “pseudo-liberals”, some of whom are within the media. He attacked those “who have been trying to echo the Pakistani line, in the guise of backing Kashmiris”, those “who are using the killing of a terrorist, trying to project Burhan Wani, as an innocent son of an headmaster”, those “who give away operational details, of the movement, the logistical details of the armed forces when they are taking on terrorists”, those “who backed those who chanted Bharat ki Barbaadi in JNU”.

Arnab did not name anyone, but Barkha Dutt, you made it clear that all fo the above applied to you, by reacting the way you did. Not only did your reaction make it clear, that he was targetting you, but on the one hand, you claimed that “you dont give a toss for his opinion” and on the other hand, wrote a lengthy Facebook post, and re-tweeted news stories covering that post through-out the day. Clearly, Barkha, you did give a toss and were deeply affected by Arnab’s attack.

You cry that Arnab has asked for a “gag” on some sections of the media, but all we could see is Arnab asking against people who break laws. Is that a crime?

You bask in the glory of your Facebook post having reached 1 million plus reach, but you fail to answer or acknowledge the comments on your Facebook post, which are from ordinary Indians, not from nameless, faceless trolls. These are the top comments on your post Barkha, and it is time for you to introspect why such comments have so much support from the unwashed masses:

Top Comments on Barkha’s post

Barkha, you are not a terror sympathiser. You are someone whom terrorists like Hafeez Sayeed sympathise with. Why do you ask? Is it because both of you somehow seem to argue for the same causes, especially when it comes to Kashmir?

You are not an ISI agent. ISI collects information for their own country. You leak hostage locations during 26/11. You leak information for another country! You maintain a stoic silence for years, and then claim “it was a mistake” and try to blame the entire media for committing the same mistake and also put the onus on the Government for not warning you!

You are not a Pro Pakistan dove. You are a dove that will sell every domestic Jihadi as a victim. And blame the victim for his fate. A wanted terrorist of a known terror outfit is the “son of a headmaster” for you. Just look at how you blamed Kashmiri Pandit’s for the genocide. Even Pakistan has a concept of good Taliban & bad Taliban. But for you, every domestic Jihadi is a good Taliban, because in your book he is a victim wronged by us. It’s not Arnab’s comments that have stung you. It’s the endorsement from Hafiz Saeed. You are in the good books of the bad people!

I just wonder if you were reporting about Direct Action day by Jinnah in 1946. How would u have done it:

“What provoked a peaceful, patriot like Jinnah into coming up with two nation theory? Some say it was Gandhi who provoked Jinnah into announcing direct action day by Non-Violence & Fasting. Or was it the Kashmiri Pandit (Nehru) who monopolised all posts leaving Jinnah with no option but the Partition?”

I wonder how would u have covered Sardar Patel’s efforts of unifying India?:

“Why is this Xenophobic, Hyper-nationalistic Sardar Patel sending tanks into Nizam’s Hyderabad? Isn’t Patriotism the last refuge of a scoundrel? Is it not an Indian occupation of Hyderabad? Won’t this create many more Jinnah’s? Won’t this alienate the future generations?”

Be ashamed of the troughs you have fallen to in search of those crests Barkha! I hope I will not be another Chaitanya Kunte for expressing my rage

http://www.opindia.com/2016/07/barkha-dutt-you-are-not-a-terror-sympathiser/

PM Modi-endorsed Twitter profiles threatening to 'shoot' Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal

BJP IT Cell Twitter ID nikunj; Says Kill Kejriwal.
And Mofo Modi follows him.

Watch:

Last edited:

Setback for Sudhir Chaudhary as Supreme Court directs Zee News editors to give voice samples

The bench headed by the Chief Justice TS Thakur had warned that both editors will have to go to jail once again if they chose to get their consent cancelled.

Get me arrested in six months, Otherwise after six months, I will arrest Majithia: Kejriwal

Haryana CM, Manohar Lal Khattar, blames Delhi govt for waterlogging in his state, gets mocked

Arrest me in 6 mnths for calling you a drug lord or I will do so: Kejriwal to Majithia

In India, Sikh jokes are no laughing matter

Notebook: Faith’s followers go to court to stop ‘Santa-Banta’ humour in Bollywood and on the web

This shocked me when I arrived in the country. Bengalis, for example, are considered loquacious book lovers, all talk and no action. Gujaratis are said to be shrewd businesspeople. Parsees, a religious minority descended from Zoroastrian refugees from Persia, are seen as eccentric, with an unusually high proportion of unmarried men. South Indians are mocked for their strong accents and their dependence on coconut oil. But none seems to be the butt of as many jokes as the tiny Sikh minority.

Followers of a faith that arose in the 15th century, Sikhs are today just 2 per cent of the population. During British rule they were considered a “martial race”, and they continue to take prominent roles in the army. The community has also produced leading politicians such as Manmohan Singh, the former prime minister, a serious-minded economist credited with unleashing market reforms as finance minister in the early 1990s.

Even so, Sikhs are popularly seen as good-natured, generous, fond of food, drink, music and dancing; generously endowed with brawn but lacking in brainpower. The stereotype of Sikhs as affable simpletons is epitomised in a strain of humour known as Santa-Banta jokes — silly stories about Sikh characters named Santa and Banta, whose naive confusion about a word or situation provides the punch line.

Some Sikhs want to call an end to the ridicule and have taken their case all the way to the Supreme Court. Harvinder Singh Chowdhury, a lawyer, has appealed to the court to ban Sikh jokes by blocking humour websites and preventing stereotypical portrayals in Bollywood films. “These jokes have become such a part of Indian life that Sikhs are not able to survive without being humiliated,” Ms Chowdhury told me. “These jokes are enjoyed as casual fun but the Sikh community is feeling ridiculed.”

Back
Top Bottom