What's new

Indian opinion on CPEC

Same way India have our security concerns of talk about china in south Asia.
Whole South Asia has welcomed China except India and probably Bhutan which is your minion. I don't think there is much you can do about it.

However, I think Pakistan is being taken on a ride by China - no country does anything for altruistic reasons.
No one in Pakistan or no one I know believes that China is doing all this in Pakistan for altruistic reasons.

Whole South Asia has welcomed China except India and probably Bhutan which is your minion. I don't think there is much you can do about it.

If true Economy reason like in Bangladesh, even i can Srilanka because as per agreement they will not allow military things. Nepal etc etc... But pakistan case is different

We don't have much concerns

No one in Pakistan or no one I know believes that China is doing all this in Pakistan for altruistic reasons.
Clearly I don't live in Pakistan but from the euphoria around CPEC in Pak media and even talking to some Pakistani journalists I know in a personal capacity, they think or atleast thought till 6 months ago that CPEC was some silver bullet that would end all Pakistan's economic woes.

i personally feel, cpec must go on.IT will bring stability & peace in pakistan as well as in south Asia. because after CPEC, pakistan will starting thinking from "Baniya" mind.

and end of the day, it will be easy for both of us to solve kashmir. because kashmir is the key of the success of CPEC. tum mano ya mat mano.

one sincere advise also: always cautious from dragon.ye tumharey bholepan ka fayda utha raha hain.

Chinese investment has not brought success else where whether it is africa or lanka. Their sole aim is dump excess money instead of keeping it with them. Problem with CPEC is that it just becoming a outlet to arabian sea , a failover option for china in case sea lanes in SCS is cut off.

CPEC would have had better chances if more countries participated in it. As of now it is just China-pakistan which puts pakistan at the mercy of china. Fact is gulf countries would provide a market for pakistan than china would but pakistan has failed to capitalize on it. CPEC will be just another project not a game changer. It might improve connectivity but will it bring industry/jobs needs to be seen.

How do you think this will be resolved? By India giving away Kashmir to Pakistan?

Offer in UN to hold the plebiscite strictly under UN control ... show your hand that you are willing to do then ... and then see if Pakistan agrees to it as well. Pakistan so far has been demanding UN plebiscite.

Right now it is only you Hindus who are running away from the UN resolutions. Your governments can't even imagine making such an offer, there will be riots and chaos in India!

Indian opinion on CPEC is as relevant as Somalian opinion on the North American free trade agreement (NAFTA).... I.e. zilch

The only worry is the Indian Terrorism as is Somalian pirate terrorism against trade shipping

Offer in UN to hold the plebiscite strictly under UN control ... show your hand that you are willing to do then ... and then see if Pakistan agrees to it as well. Pakistan so far has been demanding UN plebiscite.

Right now it is only you Hindus who are running away from the UN resolutions. Your governments can't even imagine making such an offer, there will be riots and chaos in India!
Without meeting the conditions for a plebiscite there is no option. Now the chance of any Plebiscite is zero as it became a bilateral issue. Thanks to Bhutto.

Now, Hindu or Muslims government, the real point is, India cannot and will not give up the area. Why do you think if India had a muslim ruler there will be any difference? UN or any international body has no locus-standi in J&K.

We are helping Chinese so why should we even pay them a dime? Given the size of our population we could've eventually become a major economy in the next 3-4 decades.
This thread is dedicated to Indian concerns over CPEC, their strategy in countering it ,Their opinions whether or not legitimate or illegitimate.
PS:Keep the debate as constructive as possible no sniffing backsides and senseless talk.

My Assessment
  • We have already seen the trade deficit becoming a serious problem for Pakistan and various economist on TV worrying about next bailout pointing towards International banks (WB IMF,ASDB etc), Now Pakistan has to pay Chinese banks as well ,We also have witnessed a slight but clear increase in Debt after CPEC / Right after CPEC began port operations and Initial trade started flowing in.
  • CPEC is militarily unacceptable to India hence the economic project has potential to escalate military conflict in the region involving foreign players like the United states who already sided the Indian camp ,India also intensifying efforts to derail CPEC by using alternate trade stations like Ports in chabahar and diversifying economic relations with Iran and Afghanistan,This leaves little room for future reconciliation over key-issues like Kashmir and South asian economic integration which can be more beneficial to common folk and help balance current and future trade crisis ,The recent Indo-china standoff in Doklam plateau at the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction is another serious concern for Pakistan ,It risks Pakistan's Interests over Kashmir and geopolitical goals.
  • To counter Afghanistan's official stance over CPEC and potential partner ,India has invested in a trade corridor connecting Chabahar India-Afghanistan Iran to (Africa and Middle east plus rest of the world). A planned road connecting the port to Afghanistan is being constructed, This can liberalize Afghan demand and provide an alternate over current trade with Afghanistan which is our 3rd biggest export partner ,currently Pakistan's services sector (Agriculture food processing etc) reap benefits over this trade with afghanistan.
The Indian Opinion
Indian assessment on CPEC revolves around the fact that "China" needs "Pakistan" therefore why should Pakistan pay China at all?

@Signalian @Joe Shearer @niaz @Mentee

CPEC is good for you...Best of luck and i wish Pakistan to economically succeed and improve its economy whatever it feels is good for your country.

India is objecting CPEC not because of why China and Pakistan are working together rather, India is claiming a territory than has been used for this project. Like China objects for any loan or any other foreign sponsor projects in Arunachalpradesh as it claims the territory from India...

We are helping Chinese so why should we even pay them a dime? Given the size of our population we could've eventually become a major economy in the next 3-4 decades.
This thread is dedicated to Indian concerns over CPEC, their strategy in countering it ,Their opinions whether or not legitimate or illegitimate.
PS:Keep the debate as constructive as possible no sniffing backsides and senseless talk.

My Assessment
  • We have already seen the trade deficit becoming a serious problem for Pakistan and various economist on TV worrying about next bailout pointing towards International banks (WB IMF,ASDB etc), Now Pakistan has to pay Chinese banks as well ,We also have witnessed a slight but clear increase in Debt after CPEC / Right after CPEC began port operations and Initial trade started flowing in.
  • CPEC is militarily unacceptable to India hence the economic project has potential to escalate military conflict in the region involving foreign players like the United states who already sided the Indian camp ,India also intensifying efforts to derail CPEC by using alternate trade stations like Ports in chabahar and diversifying economic relations with Iran and Afghanistan,This leaves little room for future reconciliation over key-issues like Kashmir and South asian economic integration which can be more beneficial to common folk and help balance current and future trade crisis ,The recent Indo-china standoff in Doklam plateau at the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction is another serious concern for Pakistan ,It risks Pakistan's Interests over Kashmir and geopolitical goals.
  • To counter Afghanistan's official stance over CPEC and potential partner ,India has invested in a trade corridor connecting Chabahar India-Afghanistan Iran to (Africa and Middle east plus rest of the world). A planned road connecting the port to Afghanistan is being constructed, This can liberalize Afghan demand and provide an alternate over current trade with Afghanistan which is our 3rd biggest export partner ,currently Pakistan's services sector (Agriculture food processing etc) reap benefits over this trade with afghanistan.
The Indian Opinion
Indian assessment on CPEC revolves around the fact that "China" needs "Pakistan" therefore why should Pakistan pay China at all?

@Signalian @Joe Shearer @niaz @Mentee
Arkadash-im!!! Would you ask Iblis (Proper name of Devil, Satan, Lucifer etc.) for his "impartial" opinion on Iman and Ihlas?????

CPEC is good for you...Best of luck and i wish Pakistan to economically succeed and improve its economy whatever it feels is good for your country.

India is objecting CPEC not because of why China and Pakistan are working together rather, India is claiming a territory than has been used for this project. Like China objects for any loan or any other foreign sponsor projects in Arunachalpradesh as it claims the territory from India...

That makes no sense...
The road has always existed between pakistan and China... so why now?

I sense it is more of the "moo par ram ram baghaal may chooree" dogma.

After looking at the overall plan of cpec it is more of an strategic belt than an economic....
And no it is not as game changer rather nor a silver bullet it is a risky gamble to jump start our economy....
An economic change can only come from within Pakistan not from outside

Arkadash-im!!! Would you ask Iblis (Proper name of Devil, Satan, Lucifer etc.) for his "impartial" opinion on Iman and Ihlas?????

LoL . Sir if u ask arab opinion on CPEC or the turks for that matter they say "Very Good " "very very good" "no hard job just win win" ,I'm sure nobody will ask Chinese opinion on CPEC majority of members here are ultra nationalists and love Pakistan sincerely they don't get into the details.
My countrymen are also innocent majority of whom are so stuck with their day to day lives that many don't care about CPEC rather see it as ukrainians saw stalin's industrial revolution (A threat to life and property or exploitation )or even worse Mao Zedong's GLF (Many argue it can industrialize Pakistan and leave us like China or India with the world's worst air quality) we already suffer here due to an old Indian practice of burning crops ,Their divali when they unleash fireworks Plus thanks to the factories in India ,All this ends up in Pakistan.lol

So to ask Indian's is only to listen alternative opinions I don't understand why that's controversial or biased.Many members rightfully pointed out that CPEC might also help with Kashmir since India opposes CPEC on territorial grounds,which makes the dispute legit itself.
Now all we have to do is make freind India and live peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom