What's new

Indian opinion: Bangladesh Doesn't Want To Cross India's Redlines On Chinese Port Projects, Weapons, Finances.

Those toys would be at the bottom of the indian ocean within hours of any ACTUAL war between Bangladesh and India. Bangla army could sustain ACTUAL war for no more than 3 days

Do it . Don't whine like a child , no one is standing in your way

Of course you are not.

So why the constant whining by your politicians about our China policy?

I don’t want Chinese weapons because it’s second rate and they are not reliable source for spares in a war against Burma.

So India is doing us a favour.

I want arms from Turkey and Indonesia.

Almost everything India sells except agro stuff - we can produce at a higher quality.
The level of cooperation between India and Bangladesh is so far above what arm chair policy experts from Bangladesh here seem to think. My man, we are joined at the hip today — public sector, private sector, everything — hell, we even train your civil servants.

Get with the program. In diplomacy there’s always give and take. Bangladesh and India are partners. Partners consult with each other on their respective red lines to make sure the friendship grows from strength to strength.

The level of cooperation between India and Bangladesh is so far above what arm chair policy experts from Bangladesh here seem to think. My man, we are joined at the hip today — public sector, private sector, everything — hell, we even train your civil servants.

Get with the program. In diplomacy there’s always give and take. Bangladesh and India are partners. Partners consult with each other on their respective red lines to make sure the friendship grows from strength to strength.

It’s not really a partnership when one side refers to the other as “termites”. And dreams of “akhand bharat”.

India had a good ally in Hasina (who I say is our greatest PM) - but Hinduvta hate has soured everything.

The wheels will come off when Hasina goes.

I accept it will hurt BD much more than India.

This is the reason we do not see any real capacity improvement in Bangladesh armed forces. Current Bangladesh govt. will not cross Delhi's red line on anything. Many of us think that problem lies with the inadequate defence budget. But many countries with comparable defence budget is much stronger militarily than Bangladesh (Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar etc.) But the real problem is current govt. will not enhance the capacity of armed forces of Bangladesh which will obviously upset India and may cost big Husband's blessing for them.

BD should sever all relations with India and upgrade relations with China.

What BD really need are Subs, ASCM, LACM and multi layered area defence system. Basically procurement according to A2/AD doctrine.

For snacks: hypersonic cruise missiles

What a load of crap in that video.

India "allowed" BD to buy 18 Turkish TRG-300 MLRS that could wipe out a lot of Indian military and economic infrastructure within minutes in a pre-emptive strike. These systems can do far more damage to India than 1-2 squadrons of 4+ gen fighter jets that could be overwhelmed by 10 times that number by India.

There is nothing for India to gain in terms of holding BD back anyway as BD will not join any alliances against it and just wants to develop it's economy.

because it’s second rate
what? Do you know that Turkey and Indonesia used Chinese technology in their defense industries?

up to now. Turkey and Indonesia are still seeking Chinese technology... Then you told me that Chinese weapons are second-class?

Are you sure you understand the hierarchy of the world's military industry?

what? Do you know that Turkey and Indonesia used Chinese technology in their defense industries?

up to now. Turkey and Indonesia are still seeking Chinese technology... Then you told me that Chinese weapons are second-class?

Are you sure you understand the hierarchy of the world's military industry?

Turkey is in NATO and collaborates closely with Germany.

Hence very little is sourced from China.

TRG 300 which BD bought from Turkey is basically Chinese in origin.

In 1997, an agreement was signed with CPMIEC (Chinese Precision Machinery Import and Export Company) for the joint development and manufacture of an offshoot of the WS-1 system. The Kasirga system was first commissioned in the year 2000.

In East Asia.

3 countries and 1 region have aviation industry.

2 countries have nuclear weapons.

2 countries have intercontinental strike capability.

4 countries have space capabilities.

1 country has an independent satellite navigation system.

3 countries have the world's top shipbuilding capacity(top 1,top 2, top 3).

3 countries can manufacture nuclear subs and AIP subs, aircraft carriers, Aegis destroyers.....

sorry. I don't understand what you mean.

Turkey is a NATO country. Turkey and Germany have close relations.....so?

What are you trying to prove?

Chinese weapons are bang for the buck. You get what you pay for. You can't expect Rolls-Royce quality with a Tata nano budget.

And China will obviously support burma.

We import lots of machinery and chemicals from india. We don't produce any machinery and chemicals.

We are totally dependant on india for spices, sugar and wheat. And if natural disaster hits us we have to import rice from india too!

God knows when we will be a self sufficient country at least on food...

The dependncy on spices, sugar and other foodstuff on India is our own doing. Those things can be imported for competitive prices from other sources too. Our illiterate low class leaders are the reason.

In East Asia.

3 countries and 1 region have aviation industry.

2 countries have nuclear weapons.

2 countries have intercontinental strike capability.

4 countries have space capabilities.

1 country has an independent satellite navigation system.

3 countries have the world's top shipbuilding capacity(top 1,top 2, top 3).

3 countries can manufacture nuclear subs and AIP subs, aircraft carriers, Aegis destroyers.....

sorry. I don't understand what you mean.

Turkey is a NATO country. Turkey and Germany have close relations.....so?

What are you
The dependncy on spices, sugar and other foodstuff on India is our own doing. Those things can be imported for competitive prices from other sources too. Our illiterate low class leaders are the reason.

Stop eating so much disgusting and unhealthy curries. Idiots!

Stop eating so much rice!

Save money and be healthy!

Hehe, you failed to get my point. And China exports us things we can't produce...

you have choices for most things China produces

Chinese exports to Pakistan and Bangladesh are for industrial inputs and machinery to substitute manufactured imports or for re-processing, value addition and manufactured exports to developed markets like EU/US. Like cotton in case of Bangladesh and steel and other industrial inputs for Pakistan. hence the large volume.

Bangladeshi and Pakistani exports to China are mostly finished product exports. Hence the lower volume.

Type of exports has to be considered and not just quantity....

Does that include building bridges ? you will make it sound like China builds all the bridges in the world

you have choices for most things China produces
Chinese products are cheap and gets the job done. In developing countries thats all matters...

Stop eating so much disgusting and unhealthy curries. Idiots!

Stop eating so much rice!

Save money and be healthy!
Like our family planning, we need to have massive awareness campaign on healthy diet...

Back
Top Bottom