What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
India in the 2012 London Olympic Games to get 6 medals. So I think, the Indian athletes will be more efforts to practice. The Rio Olympics may be able to get 10-15 medals.

This is a realistic prediction, thanks for not gloating and trolling like the other Chinese members. Good luck to China for Rio 2016!
Basic education and training is very important. Look at USA, everywhere is the basketball court and the gym, so their Basketball and track and field is very severe. If you come to China, you can see Chinese parks, community, the hospital also has a lot of fitness equipment. Even the streets as well. People are free to use, maintenance expense is responsible by the government.

These very important, the hope can give some reference in India.

In addition to gloat about some Chinese members and I think they're just spoiled child. Most Chinese members here is China's younger generation. Their life is superior, fearless, has a very strong sense of self.

Sorry, I thought the vote is about gold medals...:frown:
Here, all medal tally is the rank of gold. If no gold, rank by silver, then bronze.

Basic education and training is very important. Look at USA, everywhere is the basketball court and the gym, so their Basketball and track and field is very severe. If you come to China, you can see Chinese parks, community, the hospital also has a lot of fitness equipment. Even the streets as well. People are free to use, maintenance expense is responsible by the government.

These very important, the hope can give some reference in India.

In addition to gloat about some Chinese members and I think they're just spoiled child. Most Chinese members here is China's younger generation. Their life is superior, fearless, has a very strong sense of self.
You mean some old generation like this?

That's very ambitious. How did India do in 2012?

6 medals. 2 Silver, 4 Bronze. So what he is quoting is even below our last year's performance.

Boxing 1-2( shiva thapa or vikash krishan; May be both; they were in their teens in 2012; now quite experienced they are)
Wrestling 1-2 ( all are capable, expecting 1 medal from the girls this time)
Hockey 1 ( after so many years dreaming for a medal from men's team, #5 in world ranking now. No chance for women team)
Archery 1 (like boxers , our best hope Deepika Kumari is also more experienced now, remember she was ranked world no one before London Olympic, she was only 17 then)
Badminton 1 ( Saina, Sindhu, Srikanth- at least one of them will reach to podium, don't have much faith on doubles pair)
Shooting 2-3 ( most of the shooters have records of doing well in international events, at least 2-3 of them should make podium finish on law of average)
Atheletics 1 ( some of them surprised us by stunning performance recently, men 4x400 relay team, Ankit Sharma in long jump, maheswari in triple jump, though reaching final will be a great achievement- my bet will be Ankit Sharma )
Weightlifting 1 ( Mirabai Chanu, what he lifted in trial for Rio would have earned a medal in London; things are bit tough for Satish Sivalingam though)
Gymnastic 1 ( sounds crazy but Deepa Karmakar can make it to podium in individual vault event. Though quite ordinary in other three streams of artistic gymnastic, she is already in limelight in vault, being the third woman to successfully execute produnova vault , which has highest difficulty level. She ended up fifth in individual vault in world gymnastic championship last year)

So my prediction 10-14

You missed Tennis, where we have a reasonable chance in doubles. Also, this list is not realistic because at many places you yourselves are saying that it is your dream that this be true.

Don't be surprised if we get a medal in athletics this time... this is the best athletics team that we are sending to any Olympics.

Other event where we can get a medal (IMO):

Boxing
Shooting
Wrestling
Tennis
Hockey
badminton (may be)

It may be our best contingent. But not necessarily up to par for a podium finish.

List of Nations because of their contingent ( athletes )
PS:- It took me 13 minutes to compile this...

1. USA 555
2. Brazil 465
3. Germany 425
4. China 413
5. Australia 410
6. France 395
7. Great Britain 366
8. Japan 330
9. Canada 315
10. Spain 306
11. Italy 295
12. Russia 276
13. Netherlands 241
14. Poland 238
15. Argentina 212
16. South Korea 205
17. New Zealand 199
18. Ukraine 183
19. Hungary 157
20. Sweden 152
21. Columbia 147
22. South Africa 137
23. Belarus 135
24. Mexico 124
25. Denmark 122
26. Egypt 120
27. India 120

In London 2012. The 27th place ( by medals ) had 9 medals in total....

So my prediction atleast 9 medals.

India will win a few gold medals. They will easily surpass the 2012 overall medal count in Rio.

Back
Top Bottom