What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
by the way ... what it has to do with pakistani sports forum? really you guys are coming from no where to post un related topics :crazy: just to waste more and more band width
It's not just Pakistani Sports section, we have reached a mutual understanding that this section can be used by all members and for all nationalities, not just Pakistan. Please refrain from making flaming comments, that may incite trolling.

On topic: i would say good luck and may the force be with you. It's quite a thing to learn from, on this side people aren't bothered by Olympics. Forget about getting number of Golds and Silvers...

What's up with the over the top EuroCup coverage,not much news about Indian Olympic team? :o:

the first "0" vote has already been cast and not surprisingly its a Chinese member :D
I mistakened title for gold, you got no gold last time in London. To the Chinese ,we only care about the gold. Silver and bronze mean the same as no participating, cause silver and bronze mean you were defeated at least once, that's a lose, not a win.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics_medal_table

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Summer_Olympics_medal_table

China won the 2008 Olympics but lost the 2012

Last edited:
To the Chinese ,we only care about the gold. Silver and bronze mean the same as no participating, cause silver and bronze mean you were defeated at least once, that's a lose, not a win.

Well Said!! It's all about Gold.......

But for a country which hardly won single medal (even bronze)just 3 olympics back.....6 in last (without gold) is some sort of progress.....we are aiming to double the tally this time (gold or not). Hope in years to come, for Indians also it will be only Gold & nothing else, then we have to rename this thread to Indian GOLDEN Dreams!!! :enjoy:

Olympics is all about investing money, oncu get to a certain level then its mental strngth. Abhinav bindra won a gold becauae his father spent about 2 mil usd on his training and shooting range. For large scale level only state can spend that much. So fret not , when the time comes we will also ve at the top , if we want to.

China will be either number 1 or number 2 in the medal table while india will remain at the bottom. :lol:
Pakistan???

10 medals with atleast 3 Golds would be a good step in the right direction

Boxing 1-2( shiva thapa or vikash krishan; May be both; they were in their teens in 2012; now quite experienced they are)
Wrestling 1-2 ( all are capable, expecting 1 medal from the girls this time)
Hockey 1 ( after so many years dreaming for a medal from men's team, #5 in world ranking now. No chance for women team)
Archery 1 (like boxers , our best hope Deepika Kumari is also more experienced now, remember she was ranked world no one before London Olympic, she was only 17 then)
Badminton 1 ( Saina, Sindhu, Srikanth- at least one of them will reach to podium, don't have much faith on doubles pair)
Shooting 2-3 ( most of the shooters have records of doing well in international events, at least 2-3 of them should make podium finish on law of average)
Atheletics 1 ( some of them surprised us by stunning performance recently, men 4x400 relay team, Ankit Sharma in long jump, maheswari in triple jump, though reaching final will be a great achievement- my bet will be Ankit Sharma )
Weightlifting 1 ( Mirabai Chanu, what he lifted in trial for Rio would have earned a medal in London; things are bit tough for Satish Sivalingam though)
Gymnastic 1 ( sounds crazy but Deepa Karmakar can make it to podium in individual vault event. Though quite ordinary in other three streams of artistic gymnastic, she is already in limelight in vault, being the third woman to successfully execute produnova vault , which has highest difficulty level. She ended up fifth in individual vault in world gymnastic championship last year)

So my prediction 10-14

Maybe a gold in badminton? I'm counting on Saina Nehwal. I'm hopeful on Gutta & Ponappa doubles too.

I hope Soumyajit Ghosh gets a medal, he's my distant cousin from mother's side. :)

Back
Top Bottom