What's new

Indian Navy tackles Chinese maritime challenge in the Indian Ocean

May be in Future when the Russian carrier is ready IN might also buy it along with 5 Destroyers from Russia as well.

Natural friend ... :lol: .... They are also just jumping in because they can use you as a pawn against India .

Use us...:omghaha:...na mate it called common interest. Enemy of my enemy...an all that.

Haha if China is your friend then what will you call making of dams and diversion of Brahamputra river passing through BD :lol:

We have had india doing that to us for decades, we have learned to adapt and change. Now we are fully self sufficient in food production, it's your turn..:p:

In the early years we use to suffer a lot from climatic conditions, during the wet seasons flooding and during the dry seasons drought (not the kind you'd think, but being a delta country we relied on rice as a staple diet which needs lots of water). But we learned to adapt, we dredge the main rivers so in the rainy season (when india opens the flood gates) the water has a chance to flow and not cause major flooding.

In the dry periods we learnt to plant different flora, potatoes, cereals etc that doesn't rely so much on water. But more importantly we are moving away from being a solely agricultural society. So China diverting water, will effect india far more then us, as we have had time to adapt.

Enemy of enemy and all these work with countries having some amount of fire power and B'desh is not one of them .

Since you consider that Bangladesh does not have any firepower, and therefore is no threat to you. Then you should have no objection to Bangladesh getting closer to China.

We have had india doing that to us for decades, we have learned to adapt and change. Now we are fully self sufficient in food production, it's your turn..:p:

In the early years we use to suffer a lot from climatic conditions, during the wet seasons flooding and during the dry seasons drought (not the kind you'd think, but being a delta country we relied on rice as a staple diet which needs lots of water). But we learned to adapt, we dredge the main rivers so in the rainy season (when india opens the flood gates) the water has a chance to flow and not cause major flooding.

In the dry periods we learnt to plant different flora, potatoes, cereals etc that doesn't rely so much on water. But more importantly we are moving away from being a solely agricultural society. So China diverting water, will effect india far more then us, as we have had time to adapt.
Bullshit!!! .India is already self sufficient in food production since 70's,and No matter how much you adapt yourself if China slightly diverts Brahamputra then it will be a cause of major draught in both BD and India and if you had time to adapt then why your gov. is crying on Teesta river??

Brahamputra river flows from India to BD even if China diverts some water we will cope up with it by building more dams or diveting it or by other methods but what will BD do??

Ad my question was no that what measures you are taking or how it will effect you,My question is if China is your ally then why it supported Awami gov. and is planning to divert Brahamputra river??

My question is if China is your ally then why it supported Awami gov. and is planning to divert Brahamputra river??

Supported AL government? Do you know anything about international relations?

Chinese are pragmatic, they maintain close relations with Bangladesh regardless of which government is in power (unlike India), they know today it's the AL tomorrow it will be the BNP, but they are smart enough to maintain the relationship, (especially with the military). China has been our main trading partner and strategic supplier for the past couple of decades, and that relation is not going to change, infact it will expand further as China grows.

The diversion of the source waters of the Brahamputra, is a decision that China is making for its own interests. Yes it will effect both india and Bangladesh, but we can survive the reduction and will adapt. If it was going to be such a disaster do you think the AL would not have brought this up with China?

Supported AL government?
Read about statements given by China in support of AL gov.,According to BD's AL ruling over BD is illegitimate since none of the parties participated in election and you guys accuse us of supporting AL gov. so why this double standards now??

The diversion of the source waters of the Brahamputra, is a decision that China is making for its own interests.
Now you are talking sense so let me ask you one more question,why does India supports AL gov. and what India wants from BD??

Who is the biggest trading partner of Bangladesh? India or China.

Who is the main defence supplier? India or China.

Who is the biggest investor?

I can continue asking these questions, but at the end of the day it is easy to see that China is by far more important to us then india can ever be. Just ask anyone in Dhaka who they consider as their ally, India or China and you'll get your answer.

China is by far more important to us then india can ever be.
Agreed
Just ask anyone in Dhaka who they consider as their ally, India or China and you'll get your answer.
Thats where you are mistaken why you have to chose bw India and China?? You can maintain cordial relations with both of the countries just like India maintains with Iran.Israel,Saudi Arabia all at the same time.China is more important to BD but you cant undermine the importance of India since we enclose you from three sides.

Since you consider that Bangladesh does not have any firepower, and therefore is no threat to you. Then you should have no objection to Bangladesh getting closer to China.

Where did I said we have any objection ?? I was just countering your natural friend comment .

Read about statements given by China in support of AL gov.,According to BD's AL ruling over BD is illegitimate since none of the parties participated in election and you guys accuse us of supporting AL gov. so why this double standards now??

Now you are talking sense so let me ask you one more question,why does India supports AL gov. and what India wants from BD??

Well as you asked I will try to simplify and answer those the best I can.

Why does india support the AL government?

This is easy to answer, but you need to go back a few years to get the bigger picture. The relationship between the AL and congress (note not india) is and has been a long standing one from the time before independence, when the then indian government led by indira, supported the AL led struggle for independence.

As a result the old guard of the AL have had a soft spot for India, and a very good relation with the congress party (in turn the congress gov in India feels comfortable talking to the AL as opposed to the BNP). So when the both are in power in their respective countries the relationship between both parties can be described as cordial, but as soon as the BNP come to power things change. The BNP sees the congress as pro AL and as a result india as being pro AL and anti BNP, with the result anything the indian government says or does will be viewed as interference.

What does india want from Bangladesh?

India's relationship with Bangladesh is complicated by numerous factors (borders, religion, immigration, trade etc), but from a indian perspective it is intertwined with its obsession with Chinese influence and nonexistent Islamic fundamentalism (something the AL is drumming up to get US and indian attention so as to cling onto power, infact the truth is Bangladesh is one of the most liberal Muslim majority countries around).

The main thing india wants is to reduce Chinese influence, and a secular state in Bangladesh, however by overtly supporting a corrupt AL gov, and shouting about Islamic fundamentalism is having the opposite effect. If you tell a Bangladeshi to do something he will most likely think this as a big brother attitude, stick his middle figure at you.

Where did I said we have any objection ?? I was just countering your natural friend comment .

Please give me a reason why you think China is not our natural friend?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom