What's new

Indian Navy on ship-buying spree

arp2041

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Apart from the 46 ships under construction for the Indian Navy, the service has obtained acceptance of necessity for 49 more ships and submarines. According to Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma, these include seven more follow-on ships of the Shivalik-class (Project 17-A), which are to be built at both Mazagon Dock Ltd in Mumbai and GRSE, Kolkata—the Navy is working towards contract conclusion before the end of March next year.

Contracts for four water-jet FACs, to be built at GRSE, Kolkata, one more training ship, to be built at a private shipyard and two mine hunters to be built in South Korea are likely to be concluded during the current financial year as well. Six more mine hunters will be subsequently built at Goa Shipyard under ToT. Options for the Deep Submergence and Rescue vessel (DSRV) are presently undergoing technical evaluation. Critically, approval for construction of six submarines under Project -75(I) is at the final stages of approval. Requests for Proposals in respect of four amphibious landing platform docks (LPDs), 16 shallow water anti-submarine warfare ships—the order being split between two shipyards—one survey training vessel and two diving support vessels will also be issued in the coming months.

The Navy Chief emphasised that of the 46 ships and submarines currently on order, 43 are from Indian shipyards.

Indian Navy on ship–buying spree - SP's Naval Forces

If not wrong then IN after receiving the two 3 batches of frigates from Russian has order 4-6 more frigates of the same class as the IN loves this frigate from Russian origin. I have also heard that IN is looking for 4-6 Russian new destroyers other than their own ones.

Not just buying spree but building spree too. Nobody looks at what India is building here.

Project-15A Kolkata stealth destroyers

Project-28 Kamorta stealth corvettes

Saryu-class stealth OPV

Project-15B stealth destroyers

Project-17A stealth frigates (Artist impression)

And many others...

If not wrong then IN after receiving the two 3 batches of frigates from Russian has order 4-6 more frigates of the same class as the IN loves this frigate from Russian origin. I have also heard that IN is looking for 4-6 Russian new destroyers other than their own ones.

can you provide link for what u said about destroyer.
I don't think Indian navy will buy destroyers from Russia.
Becoz already P15 and P15B destroyers will be built.

But about frigates yes Indian navy will go for 3 more frigates this by year end it will be signed.

IN want 3-4 more talwar class frigate but no news regarding destroyer coze IN is happy with Delhi class DDG

yes, IN has ordered 3 more follow-on (3rd batch) of krivak-4 frigates, as far as destroyers are concerned the answer is "no" as India is building it's own destroyers - P-15A & will follow it up with P-15b, so a clear no to Russia for destroyers.

If you mean talwar class you are wrong

I think India should concentrate more on Guided Missile destroyers of sub 10,000 tonne class.

yes, IN has ordered 3 more follow-on (3rd batch) of krivak-4 frigates, as far as destroyers are concerned the answer is "no" as India is building it's own destroyers - P-15A & will follow it up with P-15b, so a clear no to Russia for destroyers.

So how many frigates have arrived from Russian till to date and I have heard that 4 more will be procured.

well when you cant build your own, you gotta import :lol:

rename it the 'Import Navy'.

Wah miya, tum to hum se bhi aage ho dusri country ka Flag import kar ke bhetho ho.....Sharam karo....JF-17 tak to thick tha ab tumne Chinees flag ko bhi nahi choada......

But I have heard that there will be not 3 but rather 6 frigates on order from Russian

Its good that we are focusing on surface ships but should not forget the submarines too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom