What's new

Indian Navy floats $900 million tender for buying 56 choppers

:rofl:

Indigenous production? Here:

HAL Dhruv - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Yes genius we have our own UH.

Defence Research and Development Organisation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We have made tons of our equipment internally, and the need for foreign procurement is dwindling. Our navy is almost completely indigenous, except for it's Aircraft Carrier. By 2020 or so, our army will almost completely be reliant on indigenous production. By 2025 the Air Force will also start getting that way.

Really?

Your new destroyers will be equipped with foreign engines, radars and missiles.

It seems only the hull will be indigenous.

My point is that unless you are prepared to go via the Chinese route and accept much inferior indigenous equipment, you will never be able to make world class defence products.

Really?

My point is that unless you are prepared to go via the Chinese route and accept much inferior indigenous equipment, you will never be able to make world class defence products.

Really?? We accepted slightly inferior indigenous equipment like the LCA, so that HAL got experience with planes, and now their making the AMCA. We took the Arjun which wasn't all that great to start, and criticised it heavily, but now it's all the better for it. The Arjun Mk II is even better. So yeah we do accept inferior stuff, to jumpstart the production.

And about your point of only the hull being Indian. Do you accept M1 Abrams as American? Why do you? It has Chobham armor (UK), Rheinmental gun (German), the Royal Ordnace L7 gun (UK). I can go on and on about it, but the fact remains that it is American.

India should spend the money to develop and procure it's own LUH.

After all they should be able to use a lot of the technology from their LCH programme.

Always going after foreign procurement will mean India will never be able to make world class weapons.

Look where China is now compared to India.

Foreign LUH will supplement the home made one.

Really?

inferior indigenous equipment...explain this......and you are not in position to question our abilities, only China can. Stop being a CC.
P.S.CC- China's Cheerleader.

inferior indigenous equipment...explain this......and you are not in position to question our abilities, only China can. Stop being a CC.
P.S.CC- China's Cheerleader.

Who is being a Chinese cheerleader here?

I am making the point that only making stuff yourself can you ever hope to improve.

People use to laugh at China 10 years ago and now no-one seriously questions China's ability to make world-class defence equipment.

Just because India has the option to purchase from other countries does not mean it has to jump at every opportunity to give away billions to foreigners who could not give a hoot's about India's well-being.

That 20 billion going to be spent on up to 200 Rafale's fighters would surely have been much better spent developing India's defence industrial base to greater heights over the next ten years.

Buying foreign just because the option is there will keep you in this never-ending circle of not being self-sufficient in military technology.

I hope you do understand stop gap. And we had developing our own fighters, so should we take it on our pride not to purchase anything or think rationally for our security.

Just research more about India, buddy instead on jumping on us. Why you people bring China, that was the reason of calling you CC.

:drag:

I am making the point that only making stuff yourself can you ever hope to improve.

People use to laugh at China 10 years ago and now no-one seriously questions China's ability to make world-class defence equipment.

Just because India has the option to purchase from other countries does not mean it has to jump at every opportunity to give away billions to foreigners who could not give a hoot's about India's well-being.

That 20 billion going to be spent on up to 200 Rafale's fighters would surely have been much better spent developing India's defence industrial base to greater heights over the next ten years.

Buying foreign just because the option is there will keep you in this never-ending circle of not being self-sufficient in military technology.

:hitwall:

Every journey begins with a single step. We took the step with Tejas, and now you're questioning why we brought foreign jets to supplement it? I'll give you the answer. 'Cause we have the never ending threat of war on two fronts, and need to keep ourselves reliant on foreign tech, until we can build our own. The army has thrown away the FALs since we have the INSAS now right?

And China? It uses foreign tech as well, the Type 56 assault rifle (being replaced by indigenous ones but still), Su-30MKK, Canadian howitzers, various weapons reverse engineered weapons from other countries.

China had a huge head start over us. For the first part of our Independence, we were forced into 3 massive wars, causing economic drain and procurement of foreign weapons. The indigenous industry only started developing after the 1971 War. We have made huge progress since then.

Malaysia does

You are aware of the ToT from Rafaele purchase will improve already working indigenous projects on engines, ASEA radars etc?

I hope you do understand stop gap. And we had developing our own fighters, so should we take it on our pride not to purchase anything or think rationally for our security.

Just research more about India, buddy instead on jumping on us. Why you people bring China, that was the reason of calling you CC.

:drag:

I am well aware that India is making efforts to develop stuff indigenously but the balance seems to be too skewed towards foreign equipment honestly.

India should spend less on foreign equipment and more on developing home-grown technology.

I am well aware that India is making efforts to develop stuff indigenously but the balance seems to be too skewed towards foreign equipment honestly.

India should spend less on foreign equipment and more on developing home-grown technology.

*sigh*

Unlike China, we didn't get 30 years of peace to experiment around, and tinker with our devices until we could make them world-class. Instead, we had to and still have to rely on foreign stuff for filling the gap, or would you rather we put in 2000 Tejas, and discard everything else?

Malaysia does

You are aware of the ToT from Rafaele purchase will improve already working indigenous projects on engines, ASEA radars etc?

20 billion dollars is far too much to pay for what the French will ever give.

20 billion dollars is far too much to pay for what the French will ever give.
Its our money, we will do whatever we want. Atleast this money s not going in pockets of our corrupt politicians. You have to understand Knowledge Transfer and absorption of ToT.

We can't be vulnerable anytime especially in this hostile neighborhood.

Also having strong force everytime, makes you voice significant in the world.

Back
Top Bottom