What's new

Indian Navy Anti-Piracy Efforts

Do you understand the meaning of the word RETALIATE?????

Oh, and please do tell me where it says that you cannot check any boat unless you have a UN Mandate.

Please read up on international laws. You can board and search ships in your own waters and not where ever you feel like.

Did you know that the Brtish Navy boarded this ship and informed IMB about the pirates and hostages and then let it go as any action would kill the hostages.

Please read up before you take up cudgels with me. I have been at sea from the age of 16 and I dont have time to teach pups like you about the sea.

Regards

Ok Mr. AN, here you go he UN resolution allowing for self-defence. Read the bold part.

Mr SMG,

You fire in self defence only when you are attacked. You donot attack or stop a ship at high seas and then blow it up in self defence.

You have just proved my point that the Capt is a bumbling idiot if he brings USD 300 million warship close enough for RPGs to be a threat.

Read about naval tactics and come back after 10 years.

Regards

Mr SMG,

You fire in self defence only when you are attacked. You donot attack or stop a ship at high seas and then blow it up in self defence.

You have just proved my point that the Capt is a bumbling idiot if he brings USD 300 million warship close enough for RPGs to be a threat.

Read about naval tactics and come back after 10 years.

Regards

You should read the BBC report (above) I have posted about the Indian Navy's defence on pirate sinking and come back.

Please read up on international laws. You can board and search ships in your own waters and not where ever you feel like.

Did you know that the Brtish Navy boarded this ship and informed IMB about the pirates and hostages and then let it go as any action would kill the hostages.

Please read up before you take up cudgels with me. I have been at sea from the age of 16 and I dont have time to teach pups like you about the sea.

Regards

The UN Resolution allowed naval vessels to tackle piracy by "any means necessary", this would include stopping suspicious vessels.

How did the British ship board the hijacked vessel if it couldn't challenge it in the first place? Did said ship approach the British vessel and ask to be boarded?

The UN Resolution allowed naval vessels to tackle piracy by "any means necessary", this would include stopping suspicious vessels.

How did the British ship board the pirate vessel if it couldn't challenge it in the first place?

UN resolutions are place specific and mandates are given to the task force commander designated by it.

Yes INS Tabar could have retaliated to protect indian merchant ships and itself but it is not allowed to board or sink any ship when it itself F's up.

If the Indian Navy had done a good job why did the Thai Govt kick the butt of your Ambassador ?

Wait and watch and with 3 - 7 days INS Tabar will be heading home and in a years time the Capt. will be retired.

Regards

In pitch dark there is no way to know what kind of weapons a hostile boat is carrying . If one is fired upon by RPG , a naval officer is not supposed to assume that it is the only weapon on board.

It's rather simple actually - Pirates were warned to stop for verification , they threatened and fired back , in self defense the ship retaliated and sunk the Thai trawler with Pirates and ammunition on board.

At that time this was one of the two options , the other being to not fire and let the Pirate ship blow up the naval one .

Maritime body says INS Tabar sunk Thai boat

New Delhi: The International Maritime Bureau has claimed that the suspected pirate vessel sunk by the Indian Navy on November 18 in the Gulf of Aden was a Thai fishing trawler.

It said that INS Tabar actually sunk a Thai trawler mistaking it for a pirate ship while on a patrol in the pirate-infested waters off the Somali coast.

Indian Navy has, however, stuck to its guns, saying that INS Tabar sunk the vessel in retaliatory fire after it was first fired upon.

CNN-IBN Defence Correspondent Vishal Thapar reported that Navy's action was legitimate.

"Once they have been attacked they just did that without giving much thought to it. It was just self-defence," Thapar reported.

The fireball that erupted from the vessel after INS Tabar hit it clearly proved that a large amount of ammunition was on board, Indian Navy spokesman Commander Nirad Sinha said.

Vishal Thapar also pointed out that Indian Navy had earlier reported that they saw some pirates roaming on the ship so they couldn't take into account that there might be some innocent people on the ship.

According to Bangkok-based Sirichai Fisheries the vessel sunk belonged to it and was actually Ekawat Nava 5. The company has claimed that one Thai crew member died in the attack while 14 are still missing.

Owner of the trawler Wicharn Sirichaiekawat said that the trawler was in the being hijacked when an exchange of fire with INS Tabar set it ablaze, causing it to sink.

Just look at the above pic and tell me how a fishing Thai Trawler can have so much explosives on board.

I think your argument holds credence in the sense that Indian Navy should have enquired with IMB on shot notice before asking the boat to stop for Verification , but once the trawler fired , there was no option.

UN resolutions are place specific and mandates are given to the task force commander designated by it.

Well clearly the UN did not seem concerned before this, and neither does it seem concerned now.

That probably indicates that the Indian Navy is not doing anything prohibited by the UN.

Yes INS Tabar could have retaliated to protect indian merchant ships and itself but it is not allowed to board or sink any ship when it itself F's up.

It didn't F up, it challenged the ship which it was allowed to do under the UN resolution.

If the Indian Navy had done a good job why did the Thai Govt kick the butt of your Ambassador ?

Thai nationals were killed, so obviously they wouldn't be pleased about it. That doesn't mean that the Indian Navy did something illegal.

It was a case of mistaken identity, and the circumstances let do it, not some mistake on the part of the IN.

Wait and watch and with 3 - 7 days INS Tabar will be heading home and in a years time the Capt. will be retired.

Regards

That is simply speculation on your part. We'll see what happens.

Ship it attacked was hostile, says Indian navy-India-The Times of India

Ship it attacked was hostile, says Indian navy
26 Nov 2008, 1344 hrs IST, AFP

NEW DELHI:

"The vessel was similar in description to what was mentioned in various piracy bulletins," an Indian navy spokesman, Commander Nirad Sinha said.

IT WAS SIMILIAR THAT STILL DOES NOT ALLOW U TO SINK IT AND MURDER THE CREW. I WONDER IF INS TABAR WOULD HAVE SUCH PRAISE FROM THE INDIAN MEDIA AND POSTERS IF IT WAS FOUND THAT 15 INDIAN HOSTAGES HAD DIED.

"The Indian navy ship asked them to stop for investigation on repeated calls. The vessel responded by saying it would blow up the Indian ship... Pirates were seen roaming on the deck with rocket-propelled grenade launchers."

U HAVE TO NEGOTIATE BY SENDING SMALL SHIPS BOAT AND IF THE SHIP DOES NOT STOP YOU CONTACT IMB ON SATPHONE AND ASK ABOUT THE STATUS OF THE VESSEL.

He said the Indian navy only opened fire after being fired upon, and that "exploding ammunition was also seen" on the target.

WHY DID A USD 300 MILLION SHIP COME WITHIN THE RANGE OF AN AK 47 OR RPG BOTH HAVE AN EFFECTIVE RANGE LESS THAN 200 METERS.

The Indian navy won international praise for taking on the Somali pirates, who have turned the vital Suez Canal trade route into the world's most dangerous waterway.

FROM WHOM ? INDIAN MEDIA ?

But Noel Choong, head of the International Maritime Bureau (IMB) piracy reporting centre, said on Wednesday the vessel attacked was a Thai-operated fishing boat which had been seized by pirates off Yemen on November 18.

BTW THERE ARE LOT OF INDIANS IN THE IMB AND IF IMB WAS AWARE THE CAPT. IS A BUMBLING FOOL.

Another Indian navy official, speaking on condition he not be named, dismissed the IMB's account.

WHY IS HE SCARED TO GIVE HIS NAME ?

"Photographs of the attack and sinking of the vessel show a huge fireball. This shows there was ammunition carried on board, otherwise how could it have been such a great explosion?" the navy official said. "If it was a fishing trawler, it could not have resulted in such a huge explosion."

SO WHAT. DO YOU WANT THE PIRATES TO STOCK IT UP WITH BEER AND DANCING GIRLS. I SAW JUST A HUGE FLAME SIMILIAR TO A FUEL FIRE. IF IT WAS AMMUNITION THAN WE WOULD HAVE SEEN TRACERS IN THE SKY FROM EXPLODING BULLETS.

An Indian defence ministry official said: "They tried to attack us and our actions were in defence of that -- whichever the ship was."

WHY DID YOU COME CLOSE TO THE SHIP.

"It was a pirate vessel in international waters and its stance was aggressive," the official said.

SO BEHAVE LIKE WE DID.

regards

Just look at the above pic and tell me how a fishing Thai Trawler can have so much explosives on board.

I think your argument holds credence in the sense that Indian Navy should have enquired with IMB on shot notice before asking the boat to stop for Verification , but once the trawler fired , there was no option.

How have accepted the coverup bullshit that the fire was due to explosives ?

Please note ammunition dies not catch fire or burn it explodes.

What you see in the clip is fuel burning.

Most probably the trawler was carrying extra fuel in drums on deck since it was looking for fresh ships to hijack.

Regards

Well clearly the UN did not seem concerned before this, and neither does it seem concerned now.

That probably indicates that the Indian Navy is not doing anything prohibited by the UN.

ITS ONLY TODAY THE DETAILS OF THE MURDER HAVE APPEARED.

It didn't F up, it challenged the ship which it was allowed to do under the UN resolution.

ITS NOT FOR UN TO CHALLENGE THE GOI BUT THE THAI GOVT. AND IT WILL HAPPEN.

Thai nationals were killed, so obviously they wouldn't be pleased about it. That doesn't mean that the Indian Navy did something illegal.

MURDER IS ILLEGAL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. WHY DID U FREE THREE TERRORIST WHEN YOUR PLANE WAS HIJACKED. WHY NOT STORM IT AND KILL THE HIJACKERS AND SOME INNOCENT PASSENGERS AT AMRITSAR AIRPORT.

It was a case of mistaken identity, and the circumstances let do it, not some mistake on the part of the IN.

WHILE TABAR WAS FOLLOWING THE VESSEL COULD IT NOT HAVE CALLED IMB ON THE SAT PHONE ?

That is simply speculation on your part. We'll see what happens.

YOU WILL SEE SOON HOW THIS GREAT VICTORY WILL TURN INTO SOUR GRAPES
REGARDS

^^

AN what are you talking I can't make any sense. IN was on patrol and it has taken action according to the permission it has what's wrong in that? That dying of crew members being Indian or something IN was not aware of that

How have accepted the coverup bullshit that the fire was due to explosives ?

Please note ammunition dies not catch fire or burn it explodes.

What you see in the clip is fuel burning.

Most probably the trawler was carrying extra fuel in drums on deck since it was looking for fresh ships to hijack.

Regards

That is again "probably" or "possibly" - neither you or I were there to see exactly what transpired , lets wait for a full report by a non-Indian agency.

Until then we're restricted to making directional assumptions.

^^

AN what are you talking I can't make any sense. IN was on patrol and it has taken action according to the permission it has what's wrong in that? That dying of crew members being Indian or something IN was not aware of that

Please read how the Royal Navy handled the same ship a few days earlier and then you will know what a bumbling idiot the the Captain was.

BTW the Indian media which just days ago was praising the Captain are now slowly realising that they maybe covering up a murder.

Please read your press today.

BTW how would you have felt if the person dead were 15 Indians and not Thais.

Regards

We do now how you behaved when your police killed an innocent unarmed Brazilian post London bombings. The pirate incident is also much similar. Practice before you Preach.

Yes it was a deplorable incident but inspite of the cover up which the Police did we have started an open independant inquiry for which the family of this guy has been flown down free of cost from Brazil.

Witnesses have openly refuted the Police version.

BTW would your country do that in this case a BIG NADA.

BTW what about the Delhi encounter ? Again a Big NADA.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom