What's new

Indian national priority number one: 28nm Semicondutor fab

These are blatantly incorrect statements:

Some counter points:
  1. Producing chips on lab scale is totally different compared to a professional high end foundry.
  2. Even here, all the material and equipment to produce chips is imported.
  3. India has no fabless company of any standing. NONE.
  4. India has design houses yes. Largely of foreign MNCs. But, these design houses usually don't do cutting edge design. And China has more design houses than India, with higher level of talent.
  5. You must be kidding when you used China licensing ARM as an insult. The fact is that there are very few architectures and CPU cores that work in the world, and most of the companies go around it. Even Apple, Qualcomm, Mediatek, all license ARM Cores.
  6. Even after licensing ARM cores, one needs to design the chip.
  7. India already spent 100 million dollars in 2000, for a semi fab, but it all went largely down the drain.

If you doubt any of the above points, do a small google search. Even if you can't find the relevant stats, I will provide you with citations, just ask.
Really??
Hindustan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation

Check the link
http://www.hsmcindia.com/

lol

then better dont waste time on PDF, DO SOMETHING BETTER FOR INDIA. :D You have 11000 posts. lol

11000 posts in 8 years, implies 1400 posts a year. This corresponds to 4 posts a day.

You should have checked the math . Pdf is just a relaxation.

Producing chips on lab scale is totally different compared to a professional high end foundry.
Totally baseless,
First conducting R&D literally making chips with own IPR is actually difficult and professional job.

Calling commercial plant professional over the labs where they product to be made is first "discovered" literally is ridiculous.
Even here, all the material and equipment to produce chips is imported.
Rare earth metals because India is still searching of extractable reserves and report won't come before 2019-20.

Trolling over this topic is like trolling American & Japanese automobile industries because they import oil from gulf.
India has no fabless company of any standing. NONE.
Ever heard of NAVIKA?:P
India has design houses yes. Largely of foreign MNCs. But, these design houses usually don't do cutting edge design. And China has more design houses than India, with higher level of talent.
Not "of" foreign firms but they largely work "for" foreign firms. Chinese industry is ran by domestic requirement, India has to outsource it to other countries for now.
You must be kidding when you used China licensing ARM as an insult. The fact is that there are very few architectures and CPU cores that work in the world, and most of the companies go around it. Even Apple, Qualcomm, Mediatek, all license ARM Cores.
I was trolling some other member who was hell obsessed with it & trolling India over fabs.
Even after licensing ARM cores, one needs to design the chip.
So, what's the problem?
India does have design for low end chips.
India already spent 100 million dollars in 2000, for a semi fab, but it all went largely down the drain.
OEMs don't come around era of sanctions.

Back in 90s, :rolleyes:
China conducts an underground nuclear test, & Long March series are fixed with the help of Americans which helps to improve accuracy of PRC's missiles as well,
(Between 1993-1996)
While same Clinton imposes sanctions on India & halts all projects in 1998. Not to forget economic & TOT waivers post that.

This former sick man of Asia got much more hospitality post Soviet Area no matter how much Chinese member downplay it.

At the same time, I have some references of all high end technologies for which India negotiated for sure but never got them, while they still call Indian LV engines Ukrainian and nuclear reactors Russian.
Talks came fruitless every time and India had to do it alone.
Always

lol

then better dont waste time on PDF, DO SOMETHING BETTER FOR INDIA. :D You have 11000 posts. lol
What's unbelievable with his statement?
I have worked on 28nm chips on the software side. He does work on the ASIC side. Why such skepticism?

Actually 10nm chips are already in market. Samsung Galaxy S8 processor is in 10nm. In fact 7nm test chips are already out.

I work for intel and I am aware of the advancements in this field. It is just that I am working on 14 nm tech.

Back
Top Bottom