What's new

Indian Muslims fight the radicalism of Zakir Naik with their liberal ethos

I've never got this right - what IS the difference between the ahl-e-hadith and the Tabligh-i-Jamaat? I know that the ahl-e-hadith believe in the Koran Sharif and in the hadith, and nothing beyond; I know that the Tabligh is responsible for preaching, especially to Muslims who have deviated. Are they overlapping sets? That is, any compliant Muslim may join the Tabligh; he may or may not be ahl-e-hadith. Please explain.

Joe, loosely, the ahle hadith are either the Indian arm of the Wahabis, or what Wahabis are called in India. For all intents and purposes for non Muslims, it is one and the same thing.

P.S. Credit for this information is due to Mr. Arnab Goswami, Editor in Chief, Times Now.

Maybe they need to have their heads examined then. Only complete morons with IQ in the single digits would support maggots like zakir naik.

Whilst some of what he says is questionable, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is responsible for influencing the Dhaka terrorists to commit such acts.

Whilst some of what he says is questionable, I wouldn't go so far as to say he is responsible for influencing the Dhaka terrorists to commit such acts.

His very existence on this planet is questionable. The lying, badly-spoken, flea-ferrying goat that he is, is clearly going to get what he deserves, and as far as his sphere and extent of influence is concerned, neither you, nor I are qualified to make assertive judgements on the subject.

Last edited:
This is trivial, but just for the record: you mentioned hanafi barelvi and hanafi deobandi; does that imply that Tabligh-i-Jamaat are exclusively Deobandi? I had no idea! This illuminates much.
Yes.. they are deobandi. Tableeghi Deobandi they are not into Jihad but other Groups in deoband are very hardcore Jehadis. since ahle hadith and bralvis both never seen this way of preaching (Tableeghi) Islamic till very recetly, whenever you see a tableeghi group, most of thtimes they will be deobandis. Even now dawat e Islami (barlvi) has started same way of preaching but with their green turban one can see the differencr .

Yes.. they are deobandi. Tableeghi Deobandi they are not into Jihad but other Groups in deoband are very hardcore Jehadis. since ahle hadith and bralvis both never seen this way of preaching (Tableeghi) Islamic till very recetly, whenever you see a tableeghi group, most of thtimes they will be deobandis. Even now dawat e Islami (barlvi) has started same way of preaching but with their green turban one can see the differencr .

Most obliged.

Back
Top Bottom