What's new

Indian Movie Dhoom-3 breaks Waar's Box Office Opening Record in Pakistan.

Pakistan is a poor country with rich people.

Anyone one tell me that Is this film better then waar?I don't care about how much it earned because I only watch good movies.:enjoy:
rate the move after you watch it...

Anyone one tell me that Is this film better then waar?I don't care about how much it earned because I only watch good movies.:enjoy:

Don't watch it.

Cool. That means it's an interesting movie. I'm gonna watch it too.

Mat dekho!! Crappy he.. I dont know what Amir Khan was thinking when signing for this movie.

Last edited:

You would be wasting your time and money.

Any way these huge money collected from pak theaters goes to RAW they fund fata,baluch,waziristan,ttp,jm,mujahid............ eha ha ha ha:laughcry::laughcry: innocent pakistanis and baniya hindu

The movie is going to highest gross earning movie of this year, it seems.

Just to put things in perspective as to how big the movie market in India compared to Pakistan, it has earned over 300 million Indian rupees on the first day in India and that's after deducting the entertainment tax of close to 30% on average.

Just to put things in perspective to show that this perspective is pointless to demonstrate anything.

Size of India.
3,287,590 sq km

Size of Pakistan
796,095 sq km (24.21% of India)

Population of India
1.237 Billion

Population of Pakistan
179.2 million (14.4% of India)

Number of major population centres(pop > 500000)..

India: 62

Pakistan: 9

And somehow its okay to compare movie market size of the two...Seriously??!!:blink:

Pakistanis want entertainment and they don't care from where the movie is

As to the Indian influence by western culture.. what do you expect.. they've hammered slavery and inferiority into the region by ruling over for a 100 years directly then through Cathode ray tubes for the next 67.
As much as the "lady doth protest too much" attitude on women being frisked at the wrong places at airports... at the end the Indian will be happy to work under the western master for 1/8th of the pay a western guy would take. That is true psychological suppression... where you prefer to speak an amalgamation of a language that is more bad english mixed with Hindi than true Hindi(or Urdu) and go gaga over anything that sounds remotely western. When all a restaurant owner has to do is name his place "the Patio" in accented letters and sell you rice and lentil by calling it rissoto for Rs400 a place and you gladly dig in forgoing poor Raju's Food stall with better stuff at 1/10th of the cost.
That, is true rule.
there is no slavery, we are not only fascinated by american culture but like quite a lot of it. Nothing to do with any colonial past because most of India is too young for that.
Americanism and hollywood is a worldwide phenomena, it has influenced british and spanish and young people of ME too.
British older folks are annoyed by this phenomena, Indian older folks possibly think the same, but who cares. British will still remain british and Indians will remain Indians at heart.
Its only people who think their idenitity and culture are too fragile, would be scared of such change. I welcome all such influence, including japanese and chinese culture.

Just to put things in perspective to show that this perspective is pointless to demonstrate anything.

Size of India.
3,287,590 sq km

Size of Pakistan

Population of India
1.237 Billion

Population of Pakistan

And somehow its okay to compare movie market size of the two...Seriously??!!:blink:

Small correction The 796k km square doesnt include 82k squarekm AJK and GB.

while in indian case they included the whole of kashmir region

Size of India.
3,287,590 sq km

Size of Pakistan

Population of India
1.237 Billion

Population of Pakistan

You can see the population of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu which is around 70-75 millions each and compare the turnover of Telugu and Tamil film industry which is still too huge.

Its not a surprise because most of the pakistanis love bollywood movies.waar was start a new phase of movie culture in pakistan. Bollywood has been a long before and had produced few good movies in past which is why their movies earn more. Personally i dont watch bollywood movies because almost 90% of their movies are remake version of hollywood movies

Its not a surprise because most of the pakistanis love bollywood movies.waar was start a new phase of movie culture in pakistan. Bollywood has been a long before and had produced few good movies in past which is why their movies earn more. Personally i dont watch bollywood movies because almost 90% of their movies are remake version of hollywood movies
waar could not possibly be success without bollywood. Its the craze of bollywood that led to investment in multiplexes and better cinema houses(when musharaf opened up pakistan). If people watch movie in cinemas, more directors will come forward to make movies and that starts a virtuous cycle.
Thank bollywood that you no longer have to watch punjabi 'sufi' movies :lol:
yes bollywood is not good enough for most people here, but rest of pakistan and India will watch it. (which is majority of hindi/urdu speaking people)

Back
Top Bottom