What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

View attachment 126091View attachment 126092View attachment 126093View attachment 126094View attachment 126095View attachment 126096
DSC02001_550.jpg
View attachment 126097View attachment 126098
INDRA 2014
@Koovie yes bro improving but it will take time

True.
BTW, arent those gloves for cold weather use?! They seem to be way to warm.....

TROOPS AT SIACHEN PREFER INSAS OVER AK??? MOST OF THE PICS SHOWING JAWANS USING INSAS IN HIGH ALTITUDE AREAS... IS INSAS BETTER THAN AK IN THOSE AREAS??

INSAS rifle is prefered for conventional military opponents due to 5.56 mm rounds which allows larger number of ammo rounds to be carried and is more accurate than kalashnikov.AKs are prefered for counterinsurgency ops in LOC kashmir and moaist areas.Since there is no infiltration in siachen glacier only pak army insas is prefered.

@Abingdonboy , @nair , @sancho ,@AUSTERLITZ
If I am not wrong,the Nirbhay launcher is based on the DRDO developed and L&T made 'BrahMos Universal Vertical Missile Launcher'.
uvlm_1.jpg

From L&T website:
The modular design of
this FCS facilitates adapting this system
to different missile clusters and classes of platform.
So I think our ships will be able to carry both BrahMos and Nirbhay interchanged or together.

@Abingdonboy , @nair , @sancho ,@AUSTERLITZ
If I am not wrong,the Nirbhay launcher is based on the DRDO developed and L&T made 'BrahMos Universal Vertical Missile Launcher'.

So I think our ships will be able to carry both BrahMos and Nirbhay interchanged or together.

I don't think so, the size of Nirhbhay and Brahmos is very different:

Nirbhay / Brahmos

Length 6 m / 8.55 m
Diameter 0.52 m / 0.64 m

So you can't simply use the same launcher for both, that might change though with the Brahmos M again, which is more similar to Nirbhays size.

I don't think so, the size of Nirhbhay and Brahmos is very different:

Nirbhay / Brahmos

Length 6 m / 8.55 m
Diameter 0.52 m / 0.64 m

So you can't simply use the same launcher for both, that might change though with the Brahmos M again, which is more similar to Nirbhays size.
That came to my mind,but isn't it possible with adaptible cover for Nirbhay? Like the 105mm LAHAT was fired from 120mm Arjun gun using covers.

That came to my mind,but isn't it possible with adaptible cover for Nirbhay? Like the 105mm LAHAT was fired from 120mm Arjun gun using covers.

But then the launchers would still be designed for Brahmos only (length and diameter), while the "covers2 just make them useable for Nirbhay too. However if you look at the pics above, the Nirbhay launcher seems to be only as long as the missile itself, so around 6m, which rejects the use of Brahmos from them.

But then the launchers would still be designed for Brahmos only (length and diameter), while the "covers2 just make them useable for Nirbhay too. However if you look at the pics above, the Nirbhay launcher seems to be only as long as the missile itself, so around 6m, which rejects the use of Brahmos from them.

Right now its premature to speculate either way; since the Nirbhay is in a very early stage of trials. Even its launcher as seen in the pics, seems to be a very early design. Later, there may well be some kind of universal launcher viz. VLS for ship-board use. At this stage, hard to even say whether DRDO itself is thinking on those lines.

Later, there may well be some kind of universal launcher viz. VLS for ship-board use.

No denying in that, the question however was for which missile? Universal launcher for Nirbhay and Brahmos 1, unlikely, for Nirbhay and Brahmos M, very likely. But then again, both missiles are expected to be tube launched by subs in a similar way too, which is not possible with Brahmos 1.

Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur

1384366_652196968210965_8380834526368577432_n.jpg

High gain telemetry to capture health (temp, pressure etc) of a long range missile at ITR.

10395837_652196508211011_8123026353009689244_n.jpg

Electro optical tracking system, fitted with cameras to track Missile launches at ITR

10472808_652045411559454_6460375093043290635_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom