What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

fycQeuX.jpg

Republic_Agni5.jpg

Republic_day_agni.jpg

republic-day-afp-670.jpg

2end part of the NDTV coverage of the commando school for officers.

?????-?????? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ???????? Video: NDTV.com

I hope that the training equipment (helmets, gear) is not the one they use in combat, its like back to WW2 style :hitwall:

Their physical capabilities are awesome, but equipment has been neglected like most infantry units in the IA.
Equipment wasn't great but it was a serious improvment from even 2 years ago! And the most important thing is the training they are being given and the skills they are demonstrating are excellent and contemporary.Look at their weapon handling skills- if this show had been done 2-3 years back you'd have seen the "old" style of shoot from the hip style handling. Remember the days when it was only the SFs that handled weapons the way shown in the vid?

Interesting to see the Volvo Prime Movers towing the articulated TEL. Another change from the AL, TATA and TATRAs used earlier. Waiting to see the Mercedes-Benz Butros also being used.

Sir it is not a new development seeing VOLVO used as the pullers for DRDO-devloped missile TELs. Have seen this for some time now. Wouldn't mind seeing the TATA PRIMA being used in this capacity (if it fits the specifications only).

Have you heard any specific news about MB trucks coming in or was that a joke?

@Capt.Popeye Agni III pic from a while ago:

agni303ej6.jpg

Agni IV:

DRDO%2527s+Agni+4+Missile+System.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy, I was not joking in any way :)
Just that the trailer payloads are getting heavier and even longer. The A-5 transporter has fully articulated axles for instance. Right now the BHP range of Prime Movers seems to rule out existing Tata and ALs. Volvos and Tatras are suitable (but Tatras are now under a cloud). The Butros range has been introduced in India lately, but I don't know if a suitable PM is yet there. There are lower powered MBs under the Bharat-Benz brand.

@Abingdonboy, I was not joking in any way :)
Just that the trailer payloads are getting heavier and even longer. The A-5 transporter has fully articulated axles for instance. Right now the BHP range of Prime Movers seems to rule out existing Tata and ALs. Volvos and Tatras are suitable (but Tatras are now under a cloud). The Butros range has been introduced in India lately, but I don't know if a suitable PM is yet there. There are lower powered MBs under the Bharat-Benz brand.
The DRDO seems happy with the VOLVOS so I see no reason why they would look to MB unless MB can offer some amazing deal.

+ sir do you mean MB "ACTROS" range- not Butros?!!

Back
Top Bottom