What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

dsc00938o.jpg

dsc00937er.jpg

The rear wheels of that thing doesn't look very practical. It would probably rub against the body in bumpy conditions :confused:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427645_10150594015656395_252352771394_9294866_1308429580_n.jpg

In this image notice the para guy in the far right [second guy]and i also see another maroon beret. Seems SF was involved can somebody please give me some background on this pic??

Edit: please click on link to see.

Don't just go by the Maroon Berets. Any soldier who is Para qualified is entitled to wear the Maroon Berets. Even from the Engrs. Arty. or for that matter the Medical Services along with the 'wings'. If the crest on the Beret is of the Para Regt. then be sure that he is a full-time Paratrooper. While SF is another qualification which even has a different crest.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427645_10150594015656395_252352771394_9294866_1308429580_n.jpg

In this image notice the para guy in the far right [second guy]and i also see another maroon beret. Seems SF was involved can somebody please give me some background on this pic??

Edit: please click on link to see.

The guy 3rd from left is a Lt Col from the Para and i hope you know that Para Commandos did take part in Kargil..5,9,10 Para SFs were involved in the war and conducted various raids.

^^^
Kargil was a big mismanagement. The senior brass used SF like normal infantry. In-fact the beginners were just send to die. The first one to be there should have been IAF's fighter jet to do reconnaissance but instead they send troops knowing the enemy had the high ground. i don't think i have to tell you this, you know alot about these stuff.

^^^
Kargil was a big mismanagement. The senior brass used SF like normal infantry. In-fact the beginners were just send to die. The first one to be there should have been IAF's fighter jet to do reconnaissance but instead they send troops knowing the enemy had the high ground. i don't think i have to tell you this, you know alot about these stuff.

You are not supposed to get a fighter aircraft anywhere near 5 kms area of the international border or its a ceasefire violation. The people sitting on the mountains were termed terrorists and not the Armed forces of the Hostile nations by our beloved neighbor. A reconnaissance would give them an opportunity to bring the Armed forces in their original form and voice against India in the international forum. Indian Defense top brass mixed diplomacy and it worked just fine as we had the international support. And No special units were used as an Infantry. There were several operations undertaken by the army and some needed Para assistance and were provided.

I would not call it a complete success as we lost many men. It could have been planned better.

^^^

Ya i know Para were not used properly.I am not sure about the Air force part but Para Commando could have been better utilised but then i would also like to add that the whole Kargil war could have been fought in a different way and we would have lost a lot less soldiers.

Since our great politicians had decided that we wont cross the LOC there were very few options that were left for the Army including the SF.But the Para performed well and recieved unit citation but sadly lost few well trained commandos in the process which had they been used differently would have not only resulted in less casualty but also more impact in war.

Back
Top Bottom