What's new

Indian LCA Tejas Or Pakistani JF-17: Who Is Winning The Malaysian Fighter Jet Contract?

you're in face saving mode didn't you first fly AMCA MK-1 than talk about AMCA MK-2 which is not even in a drawing board lol
AMCA Mk2 is same aircraft with upgraded avionics, pretty much what LCA MK1A is to LCA MK1.

AMCA prototype is under construction.

This is not the right thread to discuss it.

AMCA Mk2 is same aircraft with upgraded avionics, pretty much what LCA MK1A is to LCA MK1.

AMCA prototype is under construction.

This is not the right thread to discuss it.
Upgraded avionics means lots of internal changes, Just like our Block-1/2 to Block-3 it will take time to redesign it internally lol

Whatever else, I believe that an aircraft which can quickly gain or reach altitude will be both out of harms way and in a better position to counter any threat.
Still if you wanna compare both aircrafts in the aspect I have mentioned in the previous post of mine, how can it be advantageous or disadvantageous?
I guess you will definitely consider all parameters and will revert on this..

Doesn’t make a difference
lol do you have any logic how aerospace industry works??? upgradation of avionics means weight changes which means aerodynamics forces will changes such as thrust to weight ratio, lift to drag ratio and other variables, which can't be tweaks on the ground but need a extensive testing in air

So ... did the Malaysian team arrive in India yet?

I disagree.

No professional AF plans a mismatch like this. If it was possible PAF would have gone for a radar as capable or more capable than the onboard missiles. This would ensure a little future proofing too. You can’t keep integrating a new radar whenever a newer missile is available.
Can you name a radar of this type currently being used by modern fighters?

It has same range as KLJ7A, so whats the difference?
1. The context of discussion was radars vs the onboard missiles. PL-15 + KLJ 7 combo wherein missile can’t be exploited to its full range.
2. What’s the resource that says that they have the same range for similar sized aerial targets?

Teja is flying with US engine and all foreign parts. Most probably US won't raise objection on 3rd party delivery, because RMAF already flying F18. I see less chance for JF17 ... it's not all about technology, also easily availability of parts (no danger of sanctions) and Indian trade with Malaysia. India is biggest consumer of Malaysian palm oil.. keep trade leverage in consideration.
Otherwise, JF17 is most rugged and war tested machine on Feb 27th. Also regulary take role in striking terrorist hideout between Pak-Afghan border.

1. The context of discussion was radars vs the onboard missiles. PL-15 + KLJ 7 combo wherein missile can’t be exploited to its full range.
2. What’s the resource that says that they have the same range for similar sized aerial targets?
Both have a range of 200 KM for 5m square target so even if you were using the French radar with a missile of range comparable to PL15 you would still have to resort to the make-shift arrangement.

Both have a range of 200 KM for 5m square target
Please quote the source that gives the range of 200 Km for KLJ-7 for 5 m2 Tgt.

Yes, if a missile of the kind PL-15 is used with RBE2 then your point is valid.

Bottomline remains that longer range missiles would be meaningless if restricted by the onboard radar.

Back
Top Bottom